ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not being invited to interviews

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abhz639
BANNED

Not being invited to interviews

Post by abhz639 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi,

Is it legal for companies to not interview Tier 2 student visa candidates because they don't want to process their visas?
thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 refusal

Post by physicskate » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 pm

abhz639 wrote:Hi,

Is it legal for companies to not interview Tier 2 student visa candidates because they don't want to process their visas?
thanks
If I were a company and could avoid all of the expense, hassle and grief of hiring a migrant. I do not think you are allowed to be discriminated against because of your nationality, ethnicitiy etc, but because of your (and my) right to work in the UK. The trick is being in a position where you become indespensible or they cannot find someone else with your skillset.

If employers could not be descriminate with who they employ, what, pray tell, would be the point of the visa process? It is designed to keep people out.

tejnarai
Newly Registered

Post by tejnarai » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:23 pm

they have to first give a chance to people with a right to work and then can refuse to call you saying they found the right person.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 pm

abhz639
BANNED

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2

Post by abhz639 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:59 am

Can anyone share their experiences of switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2? How tough was it? How rare is it for companies to sponsor Tier 2 after PSW?