ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to get an internship in a primary school as a foreign?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ningakid99
Newly Registered

Is it possible to get an internship in a primary school as a foreign?

Post by ningakid99 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi all,

Im going to start with a short story about myself.

I am an American citizen who currently lives in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. I am studying 'Early Childhood Education' at Zayed University in the United Arab Emirates. As part of my program's final term curriculum (from January 2020 to June 2020), we are required to do an internship at a primary school so we could develop our skills and gain experience in dealing with young children.

I was wondering if primary schools in the UK accept international student applications for internships? If yes, how do I apply and what is the interview process?

I've already started emailing few primary schools and so far all I got are rejections. Should I keep looking or lose hope?

Im aware that I need a visa to work here but I believe this shouldn’t be a problem once I get accepted by a school.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Is it possible to get an internship in a primary school as a foreign?

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:50 am

Direct approach to primary schools will not work. They need to hold a points based licence to be able to offer you an internship position. Very few hold such a licence and those that do are normally in the private sector.
The cost of getting a licence would be prohibitive to have you for such a short time. That is why they will not entertain your applications.

Maybe try through BUNAC under Tier 5 - they sometimes do internships at schools - don’t know the full story on how it works though.