ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recession+credit crunch:overuse and realities

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kratosvastik

Post by kratosvastik » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:33 pm

please dont try to make a competition out of who is trying to helping people more or who is more saintly here. I am just one voice in a sea of people who have same opinion as you. If you think highly skilled people are just taking my word for it , ignoring all the worlds warning against coming here, either you think the tier 1 visa holders are easily hypnotized zombies or you are yourself standing on flimsy ground. Let the people judge for themselves here and respect their decision instead of taking it all on your shoulders trying to show everyone you are an all giving messiah :)

sharat

Post by sharat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:13 pm

kratosvastik wrote:two jobs in four weeks. and just one agent wants me because of my niche thing i developed in my earlier work. (ajax front end stuff)
Could you kindly share or brief that "niche ajax thing" you developed? That would indeed motivate other job seekers in IT frequenting this board, since you have been doing great inspirational writing so far.

My view is that, apart from testing communication skills via phone & the job-spec's keyword scanning from a candidate's CV, recruitment agents are hardly trained or 'techie enough' to understand or appreciate the nitty-gritty of their client's requirements.
Reading your "4 week experiences" with "job hunting transactions" you seem to have headhunted by AJAX and front-end trained recruiters. Possible only if the IT head-hunters around London started wearing job seekers shoe? :LOL:
Please do not stop. keep posting, love it to bits !! :D

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:36 pm

kratosvastik wrote: I felt i should tell everyone personally what i felt as I felt cheated by everyone here who says market is dead causing me sleepless nights back in India after quitting my job already.

And you say you are a positive person !!

Instead of thanking your luck that you did not find much trouble finding a job in UK, you are blaming people who have all the good intentions of cheating you.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:44 pm

If you have a degree and have been working in your relevent field with a proven track record for 3 - 4 Years + with international companies and then decide to come to the UK on a Tier 1 after already scouting out the job market from your current country then yes you will find a job.

If you have just graduated and / or been a consultant for a small firm or even in a international firm but only for 1-2 years with no real overall way of showing results from work that you have done and then come to the UK expecting to get a job, then I'm afraid you're probably going to end up going home.

The fact is, look how many Tier 1 holders are on this board alone with similar skills, then factor in the UK applicants and EU workers. It is a competive market and you have to make sure that you have years of experience and the confidence to compete.

Out of all the topics and all the posts on here the simple fact is, if you have the confidence, experience and drive then you will find a job in the UK.

If you only have a bachelors and 2 years of experience, chances are you will not :(

kratosvastik

Post by kratosvastik » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Vanadil wrote:If you have a degree and have been working in your relevent field with a proven track record for 3 - 4 Years + with international companies and then decide to come to the UK on a Tier 1 after already scouting out the job market from your current country then yes you will find a job.

If you have just graduated and / or been a consultant for a small firm or even in a international firm but only for 1-2 years with no real overall way of showing results from work that you have done and then come to the UK expecting to get a job, then I'm afraid you're probably going to end up going home.

The fact is, look how many Tier 1 holders are on this board alone with similar skills, then factor in the UK applicants and EU workers. It is a competive market and you have to make sure that you have years of experience and the confidence to compete.

Out of all the topics and all the posts on here the simple fact is, if you have the confidence, experience and drive then you will find a job in the UK.

If you only have a bachelors and 2 years of experience, chances are you will not :(
yep :)

nshar n sharat, you jokers you! , wonderful how you two put on your clean underw*** everyday and read every word I say, I feel so special! :) thanks for sharing your remarkable insight guys probably due to valuable experience gained in many months of job searching wherein even the gothic consultants might have failed to pick up your "remarkable" resumes ,I do realise I can never compete with your immense expertise in this regard but I will keep it coming, dont you worry :D. Looking forward to have this proofread ! cmon!

rafovid
Newly Registered

Post by rafovid » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:24 pm

I can't believe that there are some people who having some luck cannot figure out that this luck is not available for everyone.

Hey people, the market is indeed bad. and how is already written above. think carefully, if you have some years of experience in your field, well, come and try.

I am here for almost a month, and it is getting difficult for me to get a job. even having a master and some years of experience. but I do not want to say , do not try, try but be realistic. Considering the situation.

Good luck for everyone. never lose the hope.

sharat

Post by sharat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 am

kratosvastik wrote: nshar n sharat, you jokers you! , wonderful how you two put on your clean underw*** everyday and read every word I say, I feel so special! :) thanks for sharing your remarkable insight guys probably due to valuable experience gained in many months of job searching wherein even the gothic consultants might have failed to pick up your "remarkable" resumes ,I do realise I can never compete with your immense expertise in this regard but I will keep it coming, dont you worry :D. Looking forward to have this proofread ! cmon!
Nevermind. ...sounds like you had a bad day at work reading this looooonnng sentence with BLEEPS. Its never too late to come back and continue inspire us the normal way.
Not just job seekers, anyone reading here would be tempted to quit their current jobs to experience this great "kratosvastik phenomenon" described here :P chill out dude and keep it cool

sharat

Post by sharat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:45 am

Vanadil wrote: Out of all the topics and all the posts on here the simple fact is, if you have the confidence, experience and drive then you will find a job in the UK.

Well summed up. To motivate others by saying that you are worth £80K in 4 weeks time with 2 job offers in hand and multiple contract offers, ajax blah blah ....it only takes a few minutes ;-o) . To sustain that when questioned in the right sense, is the difficult part. Same holds good in every aspects of life too.
Let me also sum it up ....Know yourself before giving a chance for others to know you. Last but not least, do not come to UK just to execute resume-transactions.

kratosvastik

Post by kratosvastik » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 am

sharat wrote:
Vanadil wrote: Out of all the topics and all the posts on here the simple fact is, if you have the confidence, experience and drive then you will find a job in the UK.

Well summed up. To motivate others by saying that you are worth £80K in 4 weeks time
dude its 85k! dont ruin the kratovastik phenomena[wow] . If you had actually read my earlier posts and advice you would notice one guy did start getting interview calls but never mind that. reality is I have one job and one offer in total of four weeks, i might not have put it across in a proper/best way but i too was excited about it. now if i can do that, why cant others because i know i am nothing special in regards to my skill set. if you try to even think that yes this dude has two offers no matter his apparent bravado.. is it really so impossible for others also?
try to think from my point of view and give someone a benefit of a doubt. if you were my friend living with me here and you knew what i said was true, would you still think there's no chance of getting a job?
My sweeping comments that irritate you are its possible to find a job, (because i generalize if not read carefully) which in your opinion is wrong
and to me comments like job market is totally dead and impossible to find job and so on(again generalizations ) .
I would rather you do not nitpick and answer me believing what i said is true. if you are convinced that i am a liar or something, i can respect your opinion but also there is no point in carrying on this talk further. If it requires for me to prove myself, all my bio data and job and offer details with phone numbers, i cant do that here, sorry.. you can keep believing what you want

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:34 am

nshar1 wrote:
kratosvastik wrote: I felt i should tell everyone personally what i felt as I felt cheated by everyone here who says market is dead causing me sleepless nights back in India after quitting my job already.

Instead of thanking your luck that you did not find much trouble finding a job in UK, you are blaming people who have all the good intentions of cheating you.
Do you have a problem with some one writing something good and positive about the situation at the moment or do you think others are so naive and immature not to understand the situation at the moment. It seems from your desperation that you do not want people to come to UK.

We have enough news articles, friends in the industry to make us aware of the situation and if there was really everything to lose, no one would be applying for the VISAS.

We already have enough negativity on most forums about the job situation prevailing thanks to those who are already in the UK.

This thread is created to to also welcome (or mostly welcome) all positive experiences of people out there in the UK job market. We can do without people like you who discourage people giving positive inputs.

We are all mature experienced people to understand the situation.

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 am

raghu0307 wrote:
nshar1 wrote:

Do you have a problem with some one writing something good and positive about the situation at the moment or do you think others are so naive and immature not to understand the situation at the moment. It seems from your desperation that you do not want people to come to UK.

We have enough news articles, friends in the industry to make us aware of the situation and if there was really everything to lose, no one would be applying for the VISAS.

We already have enough negativity on most forums about the job situation prevailing thanks to those who are already in the UK.

This thread is created to to also welcome (or mostly welcome) all positive experiences of people out there in the UK job market. We can do without people like you who discourage people giving positive inputs.

Hi, Raghu, Kishore here hope you remember(we were on the visa status blog)
I am leaving for the UK in the first week of April (alone) . Depending on the situation I will take my family later.
What about yourself?

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:41 am

Vanadil wrote:If you have a degree and have been working in your relevent field with a proven track record for 3 - 4 Years + with international companies and then decide to come to the UK on a Tier 1 after already scouting out the job market from your current country then yes you will find a job.

Hi, I am a telecom pro (purely Non-IT) with 16 years of experience with large TELCOs in India both in the fixed line as well as wireless sphere (more of fixed) and am looking for senior positions in the projects/operations area. Am also ready to take up contarct projects for telecom equipment installations/roll-out/build.
B.E. (NIT), MBA(IIMA)
Please provide your comments.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 am

kundalak wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:
nshar1 wrote:

Hi, Raghu, Kishore here hope you remember(we were on the visa status blog)
I am leaving for the UK in the first week of April (alone) . Depending on the situation I will take my family later.
What about yourself?
I am expecting to leave in May.

kesavasankar
Newly Registered

Seeking a job in UK from India

Post by kesavasankar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi Iam Kesava from Chennai. I have a tier1 visa. Iam trying to seek a job in UK, but not after landing in UK. Rather i would try from India itself, as am married and i dont have anyone to support me over there in UK. Is that a good option. Please suggest. I have 4+ yrs of exp in J2ee platform..

custodian

Re: Seeking a job in UK from India

Post by custodian » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:40 pm

kesavasankar wrote:Hi Iam Kesava from Chennai. I have a tier1 visa. Iam trying to seek a job in UK, but not after landing in UK. Rather i would try from India itself, as am married and i dont have anyone to support me over there in UK. Is that a good option. Please suggest. I have 4+ yrs of exp in J2ee platform..
Be very cautious moving to the UK right now. Its a tight market. There are only a handful of new jobs advertised every week. So, the competition is tough.

Hop on to monster.co.uk, jobserve.com, reed.co.uk
See if there are any jobs that match your profile.

You'll know for yourself whether the market is good or bad for the technologies that concern you.

All the best :)

sharat

Post by sharat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:07 am

I have been off for sometime but say now that I am very disappointed to see kratosvastik missing eversince he last posted here. May be too busy writing up :LOL:?

Kumz
Newly Registered

Post by Kumz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Yes there are jobs, its not exactly a dead market. But there are lots of redundancies generally in all sectors its simply zombie. Where specialized skills are required jobs are still present though, should be lucky to come across and posses the skills.

Kumz
Newly Registered

Post by Kumz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Its possible to get a house on a sharing basis on ads on local classifieds and through advertisers. You need to be intuitive and smart to do that. Gumtree and as such offers a genuine rental homes for people who dont go through agencies.
You can fix the homes via calls and move in when coming to Uk.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:51 am

kratosvastik wrote:two jobs in four weeks. and just one agent wants me because of my niche thing i developed in my earlier work. (ajax front end stuff)
Its true what happened to me, everything.. so I should just shut up if its too good to be true for majority people here?
I felt i should tell everyone personally what i felt as I felt cheated by everyone here who says market is dead causing me sleepless nights back in India after quitting my job already.
I agree with Kratosvastik, I am in Infrastructure Support (Messaging etc)!! Got 2 permanent offers in 4 weeks (+ 3 days), Yes market is slow and kind of dead but if you have the skills, good spoken English and you are ambitious, then companies are out there to consider you.

My story is simple, I enjoyed my past 4 weeks by travelling to different places here in UK, while daily I used to apply for 5-10 jobs where in my skill set matched the Job description exactly!! Few times I tried following up with agents (no good), so I decided no to follow up and things started to happen on its own.

Note: I would say that coming to UK and finding a job is a personal decision, no one is stopping you or asking you to come, above is my experience in UK. I am not trying to convey any wrong message to anyone. And I request not to qoute me for the above statement. Thank you all.
Jedi001