ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Travelling soon to UK (for the first time) on Tier-1

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

technocrat181
Newly Registered

URGENT: Travelling soon to UK (for the first time) on Tier-1

Post by technocrat181 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Friends,

I got my Tier-1 Visa approved in January 2009 with a Validity start date as 30th March 2009 (as I had requested so in my application).

Further, I'm now travelling to UK very soon (for my first ever time) on my Tier-1 to attend some scheduled inerviews etc. (probably next week!).

But I'm very curious & totally unaware about any formalities I have to pass through at the time of my first entry to the UK. So can anyone please kindly answer my below queries on the same soon ? Its really important for me to know more on this & would be really thankful to those who reply in this regard ( Especially, the third one! ):

(1). What are the documents I need to carry during the time of arrival at the UK Airport ?
(Specifically, Should I undergo a complete Medical Checkup / carry my recent X-Ray prior to my Travel to UK ?)

(2). what are the formalities I should undergo at the UK Airport upon my first arrival in the UK ?

(3). After making my first entry; if required, would I be allowed to travel back from the UK within a couple of days; (for a short visit to my country for some personal reasons) & then re-enter UK later ?

Expecting everyone's help in this regard...

Sandeep.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:41 pm

1. Only chest X-ray.

2. Regular formatlities done at Immigration counter. They will check if you have valid UK visa. They might ask regular questions- Do you have job, accomodation etc. How long you plan to stay. Listen carefully, reply honestly and positively. While in-flight, cabin crew will distribute a landing card to non UK nationals, its a very simple and short form to be filled, just fill it before reaching Immigration counter.

3. You can enter exit as many times you like till the end date of visa

technocrat181
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat181 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 am

Hi Rajesh,

Thankyou very much for replying..That was a to-the-point & clear response to my queries..Thanks a lot..

I was doubtful about point(3) specifically because I might be required to travel back within my first 2 - 3 days itself (without even staying for a significiant no: of days / weeks in the UK).

Anyway, as you put it, I presume there shouldnt be any problem with this.

Thankyou once again..

Sandeep.

kesavasankar
Newly Registered

Post by kesavasankar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Technocrat,

This may not be relevent to your post. But am curious to know few things...
Assuming you are from India, I want to know how you managed to schedule some interviews.. How that works... Whenever I contacted any consultancies, Iam not getting proper responses.. Is there any specific way that you are handling.. Please let me know, as this would be helpful for not only me but also to numerous people out here... Thanks in advance.

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:23 pm

I agree with kesavasankar !!

Technocrat,
Please share your experience on how to get interviews schedule from India itself. How did u achieve it?
What all things we should follow, in order to bring in the confidence of the recruiter that you will come to U.K., etc.

Thank you very much for your response.

nitboy123
Newly Registered

Post by nitboy123 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:35 am

Technocraft is a fake I guess... yet to reply ????

aspire
Newly Registered

Post by aspire » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:42 am

yes few people with success stories never return back to forum.
I have the same question on how ppl could get the offer sitting in home country.

If people really sharing the success stories should lead others the crux of what made the success.That might help others ......

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:13 am

nitboy123 , you may be right !!!! :(

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 am

Well guys,

Sure looks like a fake one.....there is almost a 0% probability of ever lining up interviews for candidates who are not local to the job. In fact, if you live in South of UK and try for an opening in the North, they must be convinced you will actually take the 4 or 5 hr train ride and go personally. If not, they dont even forward your details to the employer!!!
So getting interviews lined up, from outside UK, all on your own without some major contacts, is next to impossible.

Cheers
KP

aspire
Newly Registered

Post by aspire » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:19 am

I need a small info .... do we need ECNR stamp to travel to UK.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:27 am

Your UK visa will be checked at UK airport, never heard ECNR casuing any issue.

aspire
Newly Registered

Post by aspire » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 am

thank you Rajesh....