ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally got job

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rohitktm

Finally got job

Post by rohitktm » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

hi friends,
After 4 months of struggle in UK, I finally got job as a SAP Consultant. The funny thing is, as I got this job; I started getting so many interview calls from other companies and asking me to consider them if I have not already signed with new employer. Thanks everyone for your support and helping me to reach here.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Rohitkm,
Congrats for getting the job, well done !!!
Could you share with us which area in UK will you be working and the approx pay range just for a rough idea ?

ashishs123
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by ashishs123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Congrats rohitkm.

thanks for sharing positive news on this forum. Mostly have seen negative news only.
Pls share your interview experience as well.. how many calls and how many rounds.

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Congrats.
That's it. You struggle. You get rewards. Keep it up mate. Now enjoy the beautiful life out here. Do not yarn for masala chai, instead enjoy a cool pint after work. In addition, most importantly, share your success story with fellow forum members who like to come but confused on how to start job hunting.
Third World Traveller

kesavasankar
Newly Registered

Re: Finally got job

Post by kesavasankar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Congrats!!.. Guys must share like this. Else with only -ve stories around, it seems as if no one succeeds...

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:33 am

Goes to only show one simple fact - you have the skills, you persevere and YOU get the results. Markets will be good and will be bad at any point in time anywhere in the world but it all depends on YOU.

Congrats dude....you deserve it so enjoy your time here the most

Cheers
KP

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:09 am

Well Done Mate !!! great news. Its good to hear good news in terms of someone getting a job. GOD always pays for the hard work you do...So keep rocking dude !!!

ashokkumar
Newly Registered

SAP ABAP Jobs

Post by ashokkumar » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 am

Hi Rohit..
Congrats for your SAP Job..even I am a SAP ABAP and XI certified consultant searching for jobs....I have a good experience in SD,PP,FI/CO,WM modules

Please let me know if you come across any opportunities.

Regards,
Ashok

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 am

kenfrapin wrote:Goes to only show one simple fact - you have the skills, you persevere and YOU get the results. Markets will be good and will be bad at any point in time anywhere in the world but it all depends on you

Cheers
KP
Well Said. :P
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Congrats rohit !!!

Can you please share in which SAP module you have got the offer ?

Is it Netweaver modules profile or core functional module profile.
If possible, please share your job hunt and interview experiences.

Will be usefull for all fellow members in this forum.

Regards,
Suresh

namastelondon

My wife also got job

Post by namastelondon » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:24 pm

rohitktm wrote:hi friends,
After 4 months of struggle in UK, I finally got job as a SAP Consultant. The funny thing is, as I got this job; I started getting so many interview calls from other companies and asking me to consider them if I have not already signed with new employer. Thanks everyone for your support and helping me to reach here.
It wud be great if Rohit can share his success story. Anyway i have one for my wife.

She got a job in govt sector last month.Well she had done post grad in Hr but that cud not fetch her a job. She worked as volunteer for 4-5 months and was doing CIPD along with that..
In december she got a part time job for some other organisation. But now the previous employer want to give her a full time opportunity.
She gave a notice of one week and joined the previous organisation.

I can say its not easy to get job now a days.It took her 8-9 months to get a paid job.
For 5 months she did not receive any call and it was really stressful.

herts
Member of Standing

Re: My wife also got job

Post by herts » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 am

namastelondon wrote:
rohitktm wrote:hi friends,
It wud be great if Rohit can share his success story. Anyway i have one for my wife.

She got a job in govt sector last month.Well she had done post grad in Hr but that cud not fetch her a job. She worked as volunteer for 4-5 months and was doing CIPD along with that..
In december she got a part time job for some other organisation. But now the previous employer want to give her a full time opportunity.
She gave a notice of one week and joined the previous organisation.

I can say its not easy to get job now a days.It took her 8-9 months to get a paid job.
For 5 months she did not receive any call and it was really stressful.
congrats to your wife for getting the job. Which Govt dept is the job in ?

juba

Post by juba » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi people, nice to hear about you guys getting new jobs. As for me well ive been looking for a job for 7 months now. I used to be a property lawyer at Countrywide property lawyers and was there for 4 years. I got laid off due to heavy falls in property sales, and company profits hitting the all time low. Would you guys have any recommedations or places where I could try?

Thanks in advance.