ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Project Planning Engineer - where best to search jobs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajidzaidi

Project Planning Engineer - where best to search jobs

Post by sajidzaidi » Mon May 31, 2010 1:49 am

i am a project and maintenance planning engineer. i am planning to come to UK by end June. initially ill stay in Birmingham.
what is the best place to search for jobs?
How?
my HSMP was granted in October 2009. can i come to UK on that visa (it is 10~11 months old)?

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Best place to search for jobs – London.

Can you come in UK after 10-11 months – Yes. Only problem is the ILR (After 5 years that is, if rules remain the same)

How to search – jobsites, agencies, and go to temples/mosques/churches regularly.

Advice is, market now is no different from 10-11 months back. so don't know why would you take chance now ..!

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 am

why "temples/mosques/churches"??

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 am

sajidzaidi wrote:why "temples/mosques/churches"??
Because looking at the current state of affairs in the UK, you need a lot of help from Higher Powers :cry:

BTW, I once again want to point out how very very unprepared you are for this trip. You have other posts as well where you have asked what you have to do, here you ask how best to hunt for jobs - Mate, this is a forum and none of us here can give info that is 100% accurate. We only write from our experience and knowledge.

For a family man to pack up and move out here, you need to be a lot more mature, do a lot more homework on life here, what you must do when you are here, have a few leads for interviews lined up before even coming here. Otherwise, you will become one of the growing number of those who say 'UK sucks big time and I should have never come here'

KP