ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do Once i make my new entry in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajidzaidi

What to do Once i make my new entry in UK

Post by sajidzaidi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Once i make my first entry into UK (with my family), what are the first few things to cater for in the first few days like insurances or registrations etc.
We do have some relatives in UK where we will be staying for the first few days so stay is not one of my issues

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Surpised a family man does not educate himself about all this BEFORE deciding to move to the UK - shows a lack of preparedness on your part actually. Still, some things you SHOULD already know about and do once you settle in are
1. Register at Local GP
2. Go to the closest Job Centre office and register for National Insurance No.
3. Even if staying with relatives, you need to get an address proof to make your life easier.
4. Open a bank account which is not easy without some proof
5. Get yourself a UK contact number which will help in your job search.

And seriously, just getting a place to stay and coming over is not responsible enough from your side friend. You need to do a lot more and have all this info plus whatever else is relevant to your circumstances written down somewhere and verified as well.
Wish you all the best

KP

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks kenfrapin
1-What is local GP
2- By proof if address, i think you mean that i need to have an address on my own. I am renting an apartment and paper work will be ready as i reach UK. i hope that will cover for proof of address.
3- I have already got a UK telephone number
4- Got contact information on the recruitment agencies in areas i want to do the job search.
5- i dont know what documents i might require so i am putting in what ever i can get my hands on.
6- i will be travelling with GBP 1000 in pocket + a credit card and two debit cards. i hope thats enough and the airport people wont mind.
7- what else?

i would really appreciate if other senior members too can put in more details so that i can prepare better

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 am

sajidzaidi wrote:Thanks kenfrapin
1-What is local GP
2- By proof if address, i think you mean that i need to have an address on my own. I am renting an apartment and paper work will be ready as i reach UK. i hope that will cover for proof of address.
3- I have already got a UK telephone number
4- Got contact information on the recruitment agencies in areas i want to do the job search.
5- i dont know what documents i might require so i am putting in what ever i can get my hands on.
6- i will be travelling with GBP 1000 in pocket + a credit card and two debit cards. i hope thats enough and the airport people wont mind.
7- what else?

i would really appreciate if other senior members too can put in more details so that i can prepare better
I dont understand why exactly you are moving with your whole family when you haven't landed up with a job. Well, unless you have loads of money in your bank account to cater you for this.

I personally will never think about bringing my family without me settling down here first !

1. To register with your local GP, you need to produce proof of residence. Bills etc....
2. Without proof of employment, I am not sure how a Bank will permit you to open an account...
3. Without reference from your employer no estate agent / landlord gives you accomodation. Howvevr, they will let you a home if you pay the whole rent for the contract period before moving into the house.

Have you thought about these?!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 am

*FC* wrote: I personally will never think about bringing my family without me settling down here first !
I have said the same thing in one of his other posts FC. From the questions he has put across, he is either seriously rich and has money to spend here or he has not done his background work at all and thinks he can just turn up, with his family, get a job and life will be good.

I did point this out as well so do honestly hope for his sake, the way he puts his messages on this forum is not the way he has actually prepared for his move to the UK. It's a BIG risk getting your family over without having a job or interviews in hand.

KP

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 am

And £1000 won't last very long, month at most....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:07 pm

kenfrapin wrote:
*FC* wrote: I personally will never think about bringing my family without me settling down here first !
I have said the same thing in one of his other posts FC. From the questions he has put across, he is either seriously rich and has money to spend here or he has not done his background work at all and thinks he can just turn up, with his family, get a job and life will be good.

I did point this out as well so do honestly hope for his sake, the way he puts his messages on this forum is not the way he has actually prepared for his move to the UK. It's a BIG risk getting your family over without having a job or interviews in hand.

KP
Relax kenfrapin!!
The man seems to be prepared to some extent and he is asking for help....
I mean he has a place to stay, he has UK number already, apartment will be available when he reaches UK(arrangements made thru his relatives, may be), job search information has been collected and he has MONEY man!!!

BUT I seriously agree with you and FC about NOT bringing his family along before settling down himslef.

Maybe he will learn the hardway once he comes there!!!!

// Love your wife, life your life!! //