ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Note in offer letter for Tier 1 holders.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LearningCurve

Note in offer letter for Tier 1 holders.

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:33 am

Recently a friend's friend accepted an offer in a well known service based company for 50k for a BA role. The role is based out of Edinburgh.

His offer letter had a mention about Tier 1 extention, something such as "this offer is valid until the visa validity date and will hold good based on the rules that will be announced for Tier 1 extension / transitional arrangements and his eligibility to extend. "

Is this common that companies making new offers are making a mention along these lines?

Has anyone else come across this ?

ganesh46

Hi

Post by ganesh46 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 am

I work as BA in BFSI and coming to london in Feb. Would like to Know whether ur fren is from the same domain. If so, could you please leave a note on his approach to jobs.

Plz leave his email id too if thats not an issue.

Thanks,
Gan

kenfrapin

Re: Note in offer letter for Tier 1 holders.

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:39 pm

LearningCurve wrote:Recently a friend's friend accepted an offer in a well known service based company for 50k for a BA role. The role is based out of Edinburgh.

His offer letter had a mention about Tier 1 extention, something such as "this offer is valid until the visa validity date and will hold good based on the rules that will be announced for Tier 1 extension / transitional arrangements and his eligibility to extend. "

Is this common that companies making new offers are making a mention along these lines?

Has anyone else come across this ?
Though I havent come across such wordings, it does seem practical for companies to cover their tracks given all this uncertainty around Tier 1 rules - looks like this line removes the employer from any issues arising from major/crazy changes in Tier 1 rules that may force the employee to leave in 1/2/3 years.
By including the statement, the employer clearly states that there is nothing they are committed to do or liable for in case of drastic Visa changes which affects the new employee. It also covers the employer as new rules may force all companies to ensure Tier 1 holders they have recruited/are recruiting are only done so after ensuring no local/EU member can do the work instead!!!!!

KP

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm

@KP

That does make sense from the companies perspective. Keeping it clean from their end.

@ganesh46

Sorry, I don't know him personally, just heard about this from my friend.

godfatherdon

extending the talk for opinions !!

Post by godfatherdon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 pm

@KP @Learningcurve

with the new visa rulz in place how do you think the companies will react when applying tier-2s for inhouse(uk) candidates. I mean will they push for more outsource employees or the people struggling in UK market.

I wonder what are the ways to safeguard our bum in the future when we need to change to tier-2? :wink: :wink:

kenfrapin

Re: extending the talk for opinions !!

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm

godfatherdon wrote:@KP @Learningcurve
I wonder what are the ways to safeguard our bum in the future when we need to change to tier-2? :wink: :wink:
From what little I know, there are strong rumours that company Tier 2 quotas will remain and it wont be abolished completely. The plan is to introduce an upper cap on the number of Tier 2s issued via various means like Inter and Intra transfers.

That being said, not sure what you mean by the need for us to shift back to Tier 2 if required? Why will anyone GO BACK on Tier 2 unless they dont qualify for Tier 1 extension and their employer manages to get them on Tier 2 and I guess this is what you meant really.

The only ones really 'safe' now are the now nearing their PR application and on Tier 1/HSMP/Older work permits etc - they recently removed the 5 years PR qualification years if on anything other than Tier1/HSMP and the recent document on UKBA also clearly states that PG Courses like Msc/MBA will not be open as a route to perm settlement.

This means. similar to many Western countries, one can complete their PG course, get a 'limited' visa to work for 1/2 years and then have to return back to their home country UNLESS their employer proves they are required and then takes up a Work Permit for them.

All very hazy at the moment and we will come to know clearly in the next few months - no doubt these are troubling times for most of us now :roll:

KP