ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do with UK Experience Requirement??

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

boardUser

What to do with UK Experience Requirement??

Post by boardUser » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 am

I have recently landed (10 days ago) in UK on Tier 1 and been applying for jobs, I am getting calls from recruiter and every thing goes very well during the call expect till the time when they get to know that I don't have experience with UK companies.
At that time they just tell me that they will try and talk to their client and let me know but then of-course they never come back (although few have sent me email stating that they have applied to the companies on my behalf)

I have experience of working in big multi national IT company in my home country and that along with my expertise is prbly the reasons for getting most calls

Has anyone else experienced the same, and can anyone give me some advise/techniques on what can I do to secure my first job in UK??

Looking for your suggestions. Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Two tips: 1. Keep looking, don't let it get you down. At some point everyone had to start with no UK experience - you just have to find the company who finds that acceptable. 2. When these agents tell you that they will come back to you, don't wait for them to come back to you, contact them back - be sure to take down their contact details and on a daily basis, contact everyone back asking them if they heard anything from the company. This is important, because it really makes you look like you are keen on the job.

boardUser

Post by boardUser » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks mulderpf!! Will ensure that.

Btw do you know of any one in a similar situation, i.e looking for there first job in UK on Tier1? Any any estimate of how much time did it take them to get the job?

Thanks!!