ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

average salary in UK for IC design engineers

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

agh
Newly Registered

average salary in UK for IC design engineers

Post by agh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi,

I'm currently in UK and have got a job offer. I need help in deciding whether to take it up or not. I'm an ASIC design engineer with 4+ years of experience in India. The salary which is offered is 38k per annum(+bonus given in the form of stock options which will vest after 3 years). The location is hertfordshire.

I would like to know if this is the average salary given to engineers in this field for 4 years of experience. Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 am

I suggest you do an internet search as your query is quite specific. Salaries in the UK vary greatly from county to county and from company to company and even from person to person. One person's view of the "average salary" may be very different to another person's view of it, even within the same field. (I remember being told by a recruiter in one of my very first interviews that my salary expectations were too high and what she cited as a "maximum I could expect to earn" was £13k less than the job I eventually settled for). So even they get it wrong.

A better approach in my view is to decide on the lifestyle you want to have (live out in the country/live in a flat/have a house/have a car/send money back home/go on lots of holidays) and see what that will cost you. If the job offer allows you to live the way you want to or believe that you "deserve" to live, then it's worth it. It's about what's important to you, rather than the average person in your field...

boardUser

Post by boardUser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi agh

Congrats on getting the job offer!

Can you please tell me that how much time did it take you to get a job in UK? And did you find it from oversees or while you were in UK?

agh
Newly Registered

Post by agh » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks Mulderpf, for your suggestions.

boardUser,
I applied from India. But recruiters responded only after I gave them my confirmed travel plans. I had a telephone interview when I was in India, and then traveled to UK to attend the face to face interview and got the offer, luckily.