ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

serving less notice in contract

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madhavisindhu
Newly Registered

serving less notice in contract

Post by madhavisindhu » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 pm

hi,

according to my current contract, i need to serve 1 month notice.

though i have chances of getting a good new contract,due to this 1 month most of recruiters are not interested in my cv.

here after when i get a new contract , i m thinking to serve only 2 weeks and leave current contract even if my employer or agent will not agree.
i dont mind even in future if i dont get a chance to work for the current agency and employer.

kindly suggest me if this affects my career(finance or non finance jobs) in uk in future.

thanks very much...

AutoHertz
BANNED

Re: serving less notice in contract

Post by AutoHertz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 pm

madhavisindhu wrote:hi,

though i have chances of getting a good new contract,due to this 1 month most of recruiters are not interested in my cv.

here after when i get a new contract , i m thinking to serve only 2 weeks and leave current contract even if my employer or agent will not agree.
i dont mind even in future if i dont get a chance to work for the current agency and employer.

kindly suggest me if this affects my career(finance or non finance jobs) in uk in future.

thanks very much...
I cant suggest you dear, because it's depend on you.....

sachin_4646

Re: serving less notice in contract

Post by sachin_4646 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 pm

[quote="madhavisindhu"]hi,

thanks very much...[/quote]

madhavisindhu,

When you switch jobs, it's not a good idea to burn the bridges. It's a small world and you can cross path again with your previous line manager/collegue. Anyhow, you need to provide references from previous employment when you start a new job. So, it's best to leave your present job on good terms.