ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK-EU deal: ramifications

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

UK-EU deal: ramifications

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Continuing on from the discussion that was unfortunately locked out.

Former threads on the same or similar topics
New EU deal: Free-movement rights gone?

UK EU referendum confirmed for summer 2016

Non EEA spouses excluded from eea route under EU-UK deal-This thread is currently accessible to moderators only, but I believe that they are looking at returning it to the general pool.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Re: UK-EU deal: ramifications

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:10 pm

I am of the view that this thread should not have to deal with political matters.

As its title indicates, EEA-Route Application, it should not have to deal with political issues.

I believe it will be better if political and opinion are dealt with at the Comments about discussion boards.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:31 pm

With all due respect, I don't believe the debate can avoid bringing politics into it, as it is after all a political issue potentially affecting immigration. Or am I misguided? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:36 pm

You are perfectly right Casa.

I was alluding to the section of the board.

I accept that politics deals with our daily lives, but to ensure consistency in approach, I believe issues partaking to EU referendum or EU deal may be best discussed in the General discussion thread as opposed to EEA applications.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:53 pm

I don't think that's where the members will expect to find it if it's relating only to EEA/EU matters. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Perhaps another thread can be open for EU Referendum.

At present the title of the EEA Applications sections , indicates it is EEA application. Which covers application under the EEA Regulations. The issue on that thread does not indicate any aspect of EU application, nevermind having to go into its content.

If there is a concrete change on EU applications, then EU law application may be the right place.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Obie, it appears that members don't have the authority to access this thread. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:11 pm

I just realised Casa . I have moved them all to the Comments and Discussion Board.

It is with the EU -Referendum and Immigration.

They are like the same issue.

I apologise to members who may have thought that their Topic has been deleted.

John

Post by John » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Would it make sense if we created a new section of this board, dealing just with the implications, or possible implications, arising from the EU Referendum?

I think we have done this in the past, just before a General Election, and following the election that section was deleted.

Shall we do the same? Create a temeporary new section of the board?

Clearly there are immigration implications arising from the potential results of the referendum. In my opinion it is only right that members of this board have the ability to discuss.
John

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:19 pm

John wrote:Would it make sense if we created a new section of this board, dealing just with the implications, or possible implications, arising from the EU Referendum?

I think we have done this in the past, just before a General Election, and following the election that section was deleted.

Shall we do the same? Create a temeporary new section of the board?

Clearly there are immigration implications arising from the potential results of the referendum. In my opinion it is only right that members of this board have the ability to discuss.
An excellent idea, this would have my vote. John and you're right, I recall we did have a discussion thread running before the General Election.
(Casa, not CR001)

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:04 pm

However, even with a vote to remain in the EU, uncertainty may rumble on for another year. There's how the 'clarifications' are interpreted, and the amendment of the citizens' directive may take until early 2017.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:20 pm

I think it will be wonderful idea for a new section to be created , to enable views to be expressed, pending that , views on the referendum could be ventilated in the Comments about discussion boards.

In principle I am in support of such proposal.

John

Post by John » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 pm

OK, unless anyone comes up for a reason or argument against, I shall create that new section tomorrow.
John

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 pm

John wrote:OK, unless anyone comes up for a reason or argument against, I shall create that new section tomorrow.
How long will the threads remain accessible? To emphasise what I said before, discussions about the restriction to EU freedom of movement will be just as applicable one month after a vote to remain in the EU as they are one month before. Deleting them in the week after the referendum would not be appropriate.

John

Post by John » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:36 am

How long will the threads remain accessible? To emphasise what I said before, discussions about the restriction to EU freedom of movement will be just as applicable one month after a vote to remain in the EU as they are one month before. Deleting them in the week after the referendum would not be appropriate.
I think in any case one week is far too quick.

I think it would only get zapped when there is a concensus among Moderators that it should go.
John

John

Post by John » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:51 am

The new section now exists!

Any problems? Such as lack of rights as a Moderator, do let me know.

I suspect that a number of existing topics should now be moved into the new section.
John

Nice2MU
Newly Registered

Post by Nice2MU » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:58 am

I think referendum gona be failed...

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:40 pm

Nice2MU wrote:I think referendum gona be failed...
Failed to stay in or come out? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:16 am

I think the leave EU referundum would have more side effects on UKs Trade and free movement any thing else. Rather than that there should have been restrictions on EU citizens to UK benefits for 5 years, till then they have to work to earn and would have paid back to the state in form of tax etc.
Bharat