ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with a combo of Tier 2 and Innovator Visa?

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ab90
Newly Registered
Lebanon

ILR with a combo of Tier 2 and Innovator Visa?

Post by ab90 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Hello.

I've been in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa for 4.5 years now. I've been made redundant 10 days ago and my visa will be curtailed after my employer notifies the Home Office at the end of June.

If I apply for an Innovator visa during this time, will I be to apply for ILR in December? In December I would've been here a total of 5 years.

If not, I imagine I have to complete 3 years here before being to apply for he ILR - provided of course I fulfill the necessary requirements?

I realise the Innovator visa is new so there may be no precedent here, but if you can help me with this, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AB

ab90
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Re: ILR with a combo of Tier 2 and Innovator Visa?

Post by ab90 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:41 pm

anyone? :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Note that the innovator visa is NOT a points based visa and has different rules than Tier 1 Entrepreneur and Tier 2, which are points based and can be combined.

You likely need to complete the required period on innovator and meet all the requirements.

Presumably you have a plan to get endorsement and have £50K before applying for the visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm

ab90 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 pm
Hello.

I've been in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa for 4.5 years now. I've been made redundant 10 days ago and my visa will be curtailed after my employer notifies the Home Office at the end of June.

If I apply for an Innovator visa during this time, will I be to apply for ILR in December? In December I would've been here a total of 5 years.

If not, I imagine I have to complete 3 years here before being to apply for he ILR - provided of course I fulfill the necessary requirements?

I realise the Innovator visa is new so there may be no precedent here, but if you can help me with this, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AB
Though it is new, it has been very clearly set out that you cannot combine Innovator visa period with any other for Innovator visa based ILR purposes.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ab90
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by ab90 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks both
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:51 pm
Note that the innovator visa is NOT a points based visa and has different rules than Tier 1 Entrepreneur and Tier 2, which are points based and can be combined.

You likely need to complete the required period on innovator and meet all the requirements.
Presumably you have a plan to get endorsement and have £50K before applying for the visa??
yes, if i am applying for the innovator visa, then i will get the endorsement and the 50K..but i imagine I won't apply if it means the 4.5 years for the ILR are lost..
ab90 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 pm
Though it is new, it has been very clearly set out that you cannot combine Innovator visa period with any other for Innovator visa based ILR purposes.
Do you mind sharing where that is clearly set out?

That said, apart from getting sponsored under a Tier 2 General visa, is there any other way for me to complete the 5 years and apply in December?

Let me know. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ab90
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by ab90 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Brilliant thank you

Can anyone advise on my earlier question?

Apart from getting sponsored under a Tier 2 General visa, is there any other way for me to complete the 5 years and apply in December?

Let me know. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:57 pm

ab90 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:56 pm
Brilliant thank you

Can anyone advise on my earlier question?

Apart from getting sponsored under a Tier 2 General visa, is there any other way for me to complete the 5 years and apply in December?

Let me know. Thanks
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.