ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

helpme123

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by helpme123 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:47 am

@Believe you are so nice and helping God Bless you.
Yes we hired a good reputed and well know solicitor. She prepared our case and send to HO herself on 18th May. @Believe you mean we will get decision (approval or ....) in about 6 weeks.
thanks

es2013

Post by es2013 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:00 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi Peeps,
Hope you're all ok. @Summer, thanks for the shoutout!! Everyone else hang in there and fight for what's right!

A bit of bad news I'm afraid. The justice system seems to have adopted the "kick 'em while they're down" syndrome. I have been the unlucky recipient of a refusal from the JR team. :( .

Reasons are pretty much the 'copy and paste' stuff from the HO refusal letter. No jaw dropping educated reasons.
They stated that the reasons for refusal are that
- HO never submitted an Acknowledgement of service and did not seek for an extension.
- and all the malarkey about that I don't qualify in the immigration rules( no mention of best interests of kids) therefore the HO decision was not u lawful or irrational.
- The HO has no obligation to issue a removals direction at the same time as a refusal(it's been over 8 months since the refusal) and the guidelines do say that 'regard must be paid to those with children' . Wonder if the judge read that bit??

So my next step is to raise £350 for an oral hearing in the next 5 days for the hearing!! That's a massive task task for me. But with God by my side, why should I fear, anything is possible!

Stay blessed

Sorry to hear of your bad news. Hope the oral hearing goes well, be positive
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

es2013

Post by es2013 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Ikonkar wrote:Dear All,

Thought I'd share my mates time line as well and would appreciate any kind of advise - PLEASE.

Application Sent FLR (o) - 10/03/2014
Acknowledgement from UKBA - 15/03/2014
Biometric Letter - 10/04/2014
Biometric given - 11/04/2014
Home Office requested additional documents - 02/05/2014
Documents sent - 14/05/2014
Application refused - 16/05/2014
Documents Received with NO right of appeal - 21/05/2014 :(

My mate is an illegal entrant since March 2000 (over 14 years), he's been living with his British Wife for over 2 years( collective proof) but both have known each other since 2006. Both are in mid 40's. No kids together, however my mate's wife has 2 kids from previous marriage both over the age of 18. My mate's wife is british since birth and has her own business earning over the threshold £18,600.
They cannot relocate to any other country due to family ties in the UK and also the parents in law of my mate needs care and attention as they are in late (80's). Plus the business- they just can't think of leaving everything behind.

Can you please advise what we could do. totally lost. The Home Office refusal was ever so stupid and honestly I personally believe they will no grounds to stay on if we can manage to get an appeal right.

Please help.

Thanks
Put in new application with FLR(FP), i think FLR(o) was the wrong form for him tom use.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu May 22, 2014 1:27 pm

@Believe, es2013 and @thisyear. Thanks for the encouraging words. I am going to fight this to the bitter end.
@helpme. My prayers go out to you and your family and welcome to the forum! Judging by posts on the forum, decisions are now being reached in 6-8 weeks. Hopefully your exceptional circumstances will make your case stronger.

Just prepare yourself for a battle with the HO. Donot be discouraged by their threats. You need to fight this tooth and nail.
Stay Blessed and good luck!

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Thu May 22, 2014 6:27 pm

@helpme123 - My heart bleeds for you and your family and I wish your daughter the quickest recovery. Personally, I think you have used the right application in FLR FP as I dont think your husband would meet requirements for FLR M. Your case to me sounds exceptional and one only prays it falls into the hands of a caseworker with some human feelings. I also believe your application would have been properly packaged having been made via a reputable solicitor. As others have said, HO decides application in a matter of weeks these days so should not be too long. Best of luck sis.

@Niles- Please don't be dismayed my brother. I wish you strength and vigour to accomplish what you and your lovely family deserves.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu May 22, 2014 7:30 pm

[quote="MRLAOLU"]@helpme123 - My heart bleeds for you and your family and I wish your daughter the quickest recovery. Personally, I think you have used the right application in FLR FP as I dont think your husband would meet requirements for FLR M. Your case to me sounds exceptional and one only prays it falls into the hands of a caseworker with some human feelings. I also believe your application would have been properly packaged having been made via a reputable solicitor. As others have said, HO decides application in a matter of weeks these days so should not be too long. Best of luck sis.

@Niles- Please don't be dismayed my brother. I wish you strength and vigour to accomplish what you and your lovely family deserves.[/quote]

Thanks @ MRLAOLU. I'm keeping my chin up. I'm not gonna let them kick me while I'm down. Stay blessed!

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:58 pm

@MRLAOLU @Believe @Kiesha thank you so very much . I am much relax now. thanks for encourge and i am sure Allah will help us Ameen. Prayers for all.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu May 22, 2014 11:16 pm

nilemarques wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:@helpme123 - My heart bleeds for you and your family and I wish your daughter the quickest recovery. Personally, I think you have used the right application in FLR FP as I dont think your husband would meet requirements for FLR M. Your case to me sounds exceptional and one only prays it falls into the hands of a caseworker with some human feelings. I also believe your application would have been properly packaged having been made via a reputable solicitor. As others have said, HO decides application in a matter of weeks these days so should not be too long. Best of luck sis.

@Niles- Please don't be dismayed my brother. I wish you strength and vigour to accomplish what you and your lovely family deserves.
Thanks @ MRLAOLU. I'm keeping my chin up. I'm not gonna let them kick me while I'm down. Stay blessed!
@nilemarques, Sorry to hear what the HO and the JR people did. However, you have a good case and I believe as most of know in this forum they are only trying to frustrate us and make people waste money by reapplying. Anyway, either way you are a winner, your child will soon qualify for a BC passport.
@shondra please disregard their letter as someone said earlier.
The new members to the forum. you are all welcomed and I sincerely hope you will not be stressed by the HO dilema. I hope your ride is easy.

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri May 23, 2014 1:10 am

@all new and my old members sorry I was away from this lovely forum for nearly 10 months but now I want to get into discussion again. My old members knows about me but for new member's I'll tell u about my application in short I applied FLR O in jul 2012 on basis of private n family life. I've been here from nearly 7 n half years my wife was on tier 1 applied flro before visa got expired as extension was not possible and it was not possible to fly as she was pregnant and we had a daughter in aug 2012 flro got refused in aug 2013.

Thnks

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri May 23, 2014 11:01 am

helpme123 wrote:@MRLAOLU @Believe @Kiesha thank you so very much . I am much relax now. thanks for encourge and i am sure Allah will help us Ameen. Prayers for all.
You are welcome to the forum. Above all I wish your daughter well and I pray that God will work miracles in her life. I totally agree with all the advices given above, hopefully they will use their common sense in this case, however, be prepare because they are full of given excuses and plying with one emotion and psychology.
Very soon you will share the good news with us
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri May 23, 2014 11:03 am

nikitpatel wrote:@all new and my old members sorry I was away from this lovely forum for nearly 10 months but now I want to get into discussion again. My old members knows about me but for new member's I'll tell u about my application in short I applied FLR O in jul 2012 on basis of private n family life. I've been here from nearly 7 n half years my wife was on tier 1 applied flro before visa got expired as extension was not possible and it was not possible to fly as she was pregnant and we had a daughter in aug 2012 flro got refused in aug 2013.

Thnks
Nikitpatel- you are welcome back hope all is well with you and your family

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri May 23, 2014 11:04 am

Believe2013 wrote:Good morning All. Congrats to those that have been granted and commiserations to those that HAVE NOT YET been successful, your time will come and the pain and disappointment shall pass, stay strong. For those of us waiting, please hang on and never give up, its tough but we have to hang in there.

@Nilemarques sorry to learn of such disturbing news I know you will fight till the bitter end plus your faith is well placed. Surely common sense has to prevail. Keep fighting brother.

@shondra disregard the letter the HO sent you and put in a fresh application as soon as you can!

@helpme123 welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your touching story, I am please to know that your daughter is receiving the best care around and I do wish you all. As for your husband he has to apply for FLR(M) as he still has a valid visa but be prepared for a lengthy battle as they are discouraging people from switching visas within the country. Probably better and quicker if he applied from Pakistan. The FLR(FP) is for people without status. Just a personal opinion.

OK Hi-fives to Keisha, Dapsonlee, Summer2013 (thanks for thinking of us) Rina, Kukuwife, elastep, shondra, Verbina, Al Haqq, ESC123, surfsurf, bsmith13, zee ali, daniel97, seneca, god's authority, disciple, naba, 777isanumber, Thisyear. forgive me if I have not mentioned your name.

Keep the fire burning good people!
Thanks we are still hoping for the best. All is well. Believe2013 you will share your good news with us very soon

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Hello Everyone, hope y'all are doing great. Please I need your help again as I got a letter recently from my solicitor informing me about the strengths and weaknesses I have regarding my judicial review case and I've been a bit worried.

As you all know I came here when I was 13 and have spent 11years and 2 months and I went schooled here from high school up to university level and still planning to further after my case is sorted.

After we got the refusal earlier this year, my solicitor wrote a PAP which took the HO 12weeks to respond. In the response they claim I am now an adult and I can relocate back to my home country and I can be coming to visit my family here.
The truth of the matter is that all my family are here including my mum, brother, sister, niece, nephew, brother in law and sister in law, I'm the only one that's not married.
Based on the weakness, my solicitor is claiming the home office might want to argue that I've not lived here for 20 years and half of my life which am 17 months away from. But regardless he is still fighting that I have strong family ties and social ties here including private life and I have lived part of my formative life here as well and it will be unfair to expect me to return to where I have no family members, friends or any ties.
Please what do you think about my case its been giving me concern. Please help a sister lol

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri May 23, 2014 4:20 pm

bsmith13 wrote:Hello Everyone, hope y'all are doing great. Please I need your help again as I got a letter recently from my solicitor informing me about the strengths and weaknesses I have regarding my judicial review case and I've been a bit worried.

As you all know I came here when I was 13 and have spent 11years and 2 months and I went schooled here from high school up to university level and still planning to further after my case is sorted.

After we got the refusal earlier this year, my solicitor wrote a PAP which took the HO 12weeks to respond. In the response they claim I am now an adult and I can relocate back to my home country and I can be coming to visit my family here.
The truth of the matter is that all my family are here including my mum, brother, sister, niece, nephew, brother in law and sister in law, I'm the only one that's not married.
Based on the weakness, my solicitor is claiming the home office might want to argue that I've not lived here for 20 years and half of my life which am 17 months away from. But regardless he is still fighting that I have strong family ties and social ties here including private life and I have lived part of my formative life here as well and it will be unfair to expect me to return to where I have no family members, friends or any ties.
Please what do you think about my case its been giving me concern. Please help a sister lol

You got very strong case, i think HO has employed bunch of idiots without proper immigration knowledge. I dont know whats goin on. If they refused case like yours than dont know what will happen to cases like mine.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 23, 2014 5:07 pm

@NikiP...Geewaz....you've been gone for ages and it's good to see back.Welcome back and hope all goes well.

@BSmith...Your solicitor is supposed to be strengthening those weaknesses and encouraging you.Your case sounds tight and I pray that God favours you and you receive your stay.Hope your JR goes well and when did you submit it??

ikeron

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by ikeron » Fri May 23, 2014 6:11 pm

What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say thank you Lord. It's been a very long battle with the HO. Just a brief one, I made a human rights application over two years ago ,got refused after 9 months with no right of appeal. I then made JR after five months the HO asked me to withdraw for reconsideration. Just had a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted. Thank you for your support and God bless you all.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 23, 2014 6:22 pm

[quote="ikeron"]What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say thank you Lord. It's been a very long battle with the HO. Just a brief one, I made a human rights application over two years ago ,got refused after 9 months with no right of appeal. I then made JR after five months the HO asked me to withdraw for reconsideration. Just had a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted. Thank you for your support and God bless you all.[/quote]

*singing*...Great things...He has done,Greater things...He will do,unto the Lord...Give thy glory...Great things He has done.We thank God for His grace and enjoy your freedom.The amoebas have been defeated!!Please recap your story again...thanks! :D

winners

Post by winners » Fri May 23, 2014 6:25 pm

ikeron wrote:What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say thank you Lord. It's been a very long battle with the HO. Just a brief one, I made a human rights application over two years ago ,got refused after 9 months with no right of appeal. I then made JR after five months the HO asked me to withdraw for reconsideration. Just had a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted. Thank you for your support and God bless you all.
Congratulatiossssssss Ikeron, you made it at last'!!!!

You give and renew my hope
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri May 23, 2014 6:32 pm

ikeron wrote:What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say thank you Lord. It's been a very long battle with the HO. Just a brief one, I made a human rights application over two years ago ,got refused after 9 months with no right of appeal. I then made JR after five months the HO asked me to withdraw for reconsideration. Just had a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted. Thank you for your support and God bless you all.

@ikeron congrates feeling happy for you, enjoy freedom.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Congrats Ikeron - enjoy your freedom!

Miss Bsmith you hold tight right there you will be fine

Nikit welcome back sir

Evening Miss keisha and evening all

Have a good bank holiday weekend!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri May 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Big congratulations!!! Well deserved victory

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Good evening Mr B and hope all is well with you by God's grace.You also have a blessed weekend as we pray for breakthrough!!

Where's the other MP...as don't want to name and shame him...lol...*waves@MP*.... :lol:

es2013

Post by es2013 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Congratulations Ikeron enjoy your freedom x

Kombwe
Newly Registered

Post by Kombwe » Fri May 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Congratulations @Ikeron ...Glory be to God @es2013 our Joy is coming pretty soon will be dancing :P

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri May 23, 2014 9:59 pm

[quote="ikeron"]What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say thank you Lord. It's been a very long battle with the HO. Just a brief one, I made a human rights application over two years ago ,got refused after 9 months with no right of appeal. I then made JR after five months the HO asked me to withdraw for reconsideration. Just had a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted. Thank you for your support and God bless you all.[/quote]

Congratulations Ikeron. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I wish you all the best!