ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Linda21
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Linda21 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Al Haqq wrote:
Linda21 wrote:Evening to you all.

Congratulations to everyone who got their visas. :)

Wanted to ask for your opinions guys.
By the end of July my son's class is going on a trip abroad. When we sent my applications at the ho we included the letter from the school showing the dates of this trip. It will be the first trip abroad for my 10 yr old and don't want him to feel left out because of me(mum).
Do you think asking for his British passport back will affect my application? We also want to ask for my husband's passport too. I'm just a mess at the moment because don't know what to do and also scared that the ho will find this as one more reason to refuse me. Please advise me if u can . X
@Linda
You are in order to request back both BP, I remember a guidance was released some in the recent past , that the BP of those supporting applications should be returned and not held on to. I will see if I can find the link.

Al Haqq thank you for replaying. I think I have read it somewhere in this forum but cannot find it anymore. However by Monday we have to request the passports back,whatever the outcome.
Good luck with ur case

Linda21
Newly Registered

Post by Linda21 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:09 pm

helpme123 wrote:Case History
Me and my daughter are British. My husband is a Pakistani. We had been living in Pakistan until 2 February 2014. My husband is on a visit visa till August. We came to the UK because our daughter has a rare genetic condition; the treatment is very limited in Pakistan. Without the treatment she would die.She has to take medicine thrice in a day for her whole life also need some surgeries .She has been treated under NHS special Dr Team. We moved to the UK only because of our daughter. We qualify for the 'unreasonable for the child to leave UK'. We have applied under FLR FP-Ex1 through a well known solicitor with a good repute. Our weaker side is source of income. My husband cannot work because he is on a visit visa and I cannot work because I have to take care of our daughter. Though we have a saving of about £5000. And a land in Pakistan worth £60,000. My husband is a software engineer and I am doctor though currently do not qualify for practise in the UK. Here in the UK we have rented a house to show that we intend to settle permanently. With our application we have attached an appeal letter describing our situation, utility bills, council tax bill, tenancy agreement, our daughter's nursery registration, and NHS medical record.Also a Dr letter from pakistan stated that treatment is very limited in Pakistan . Can anybody please tell me the chances of winning in a first go without an appeal? How much time would it take approx.People with similar cases or anybody who has known of a similar case, please reply. We are in a very difficult situation.
@Believe and Kiesha ,thanks for replying.
Actually my husband just came here for our daughter's surgery but after meeting NHS dr we decided it is very dangerous to go back for our daughters life. HO should consider our application under article 8. We have not another way.She is just 18 month old. we cannot let our daughter to die. she needs medicine after every 8 hours .i cannot handle it alone. we have only 4000 pound left.
we dont know what to do:(
Application Sent FLR (fp) - 18/05/2014
Acknowledgement from UKBA - 19/05/2014
Fee deduct - 20/05/2014
Biometric Letter and Human Right Considration - 23/05/2014
Biometric given -
Home Office requested additional documents -
Documents sent -

Please let us know how much time UKBA normally takes in such type of application . UKBA letter states
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in UK. Your application raises issue relation ECHR (human rights) .which are complex in nature .As such it falls outside our normal service standard for leave to remain.Please be assured we will try to make decision as quickly as possible.
Helpme123
My heart goes to you and your family in this difficult situation. I hope to God first of all your little girl gets better. Just be strong
I don't know anything at all how long the applications take. Mine it's been 3 months now and haven't heard anything from them since biometrics. But I'm not in the same situation as ur husband. So they might deal with his application much faster. Wishing u the best of luck with everything x

surfsurf
Newly Registered

7 years child concession..please help..

Post by surfsurf » Thu May 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Dear all,
I have been living in UK last 8 years. my daughter & spouse with me for 7 years ( daughter was NOT born in uk but she is living uk for 7 years continuously).
My question is can we apply for a visa to complete 10 years to have ILR ? I have been a student, post study worker, etc & running out of options now.
please let me know if we are eligible & how difficult to get this VISA from your experience please.
may god bless you..

silverkey
Newly Registered

expired passport and FLR FP form

Post by silverkey » Fri May 30, 2014 3:57 am

Hi All when Ho grant the FLR visa is this visa stamped in the applicant passport or is the visa embedded in the Biometric card?
Reason I ask I want to send off FLR app to Home office but my passport is expired and is now stamped canceled from my countries passport renewal embassy, My country embassy will send me new passport in 6 weeks.

Can I send off application to home office with my current canceled expired passport then send the new one when I get it ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: expired passport and FLR FP form

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 30, 2014 12:03 pm

silverkey wrote:Hi All when Ho grant the FLR visa is this visa stamped in the applicant passport or is the visa embedded in the Biometric card?
Reason I ask I want to send off FLR app to Home office but my passport is expired and is now stamped canceled from my countries passport renewal embassy, My country embassy will send me new passport in 6 weeks.

Can I send off application to home office with my current canceled expired passport then send the new one when I get it ?
Passport should be valid for at least 6 months on the date of application.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

silverkey
Newly Registered

Re: expired passport and FLR FP form

Post by silverkey » Fri May 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Zee ali wrote:
silverkey wrote:Hi All when Ho grant the FLR visa is this visa stamped in the applicant passport or is the visa embedded in the Biometric card?

Passport should be valid for at least 6 months on the date of application.
thanks for the info Zee ali. any Idea where HO put the 30 month visa, do they stamp it in the passport or the Bio card?

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Fri May 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if anyone has ever been asked to submit cash as security deposit or security bond for the processing of discretionary leave.

thanks,

mystic82
Newly Registered

Post by mystic82 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello wonderful people, its is with so much joy and gratitude to God that I share my wonderful news with y'all :D
I received my BRP 2 hours ago! :D. here is my timeline
FLR FP application made -07/04/14.
Biometric letter/ EMRC letter received -17/04/14 dated 14/04/14.
Biometric done -19/04/14.
sent a letter of expedition -12/05/14.
called the HO every other day since I did my biometrics :lol:
Documents received -30/05/14.
BRP received 30/05/14.

I pray that everyone waiting on their good news will get it real soon. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

winners

Post by winners » Fri May 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Congratulations
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:29 pm

mystic82 wrote:Hello wonderful people, its is with so much joy and gratitude to God that I share my wonderful news with y'all :D
BRP received 30/05/14.

I pray that everyone waiting on their good news will get it real soon. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

@mystic82...CONGRATULATIONS.GLORY BE TO GOD....On what basis did you apply under the FLR(FP), Private life ? parent ? partner ?
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

mystic82
Newly Registered

Post by mystic82 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:48 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
mystic82 wrote:Hello wonderful people, its is with so much joy and gratitude to God that I share my wonderful news with y'all :D
BRP received 30/05/14.

@mystic82...CONGRATULATIONS.GLORY BE TO GOD....On what basis did you apply under the FLR(FP), Private life ? parent ? partner ?
@winner thank u very much
@icehouse256 thanks a lot, I applied on the basis of parent of BC.

Kombwe
Newly Registered

Post by Kombwe » Fri May 30, 2014 7:20 pm

@ icehouse your good news will be here ASAP keep praying . I have been praying for everyone who is waiting. As we all know no mountain is too high for our God. Have a good weekend :D

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat May 31, 2014 6:32 am

fatimahanif wrote:Hi,

Can someone please tell me if anyone has ever been asked to submit cash as security deposit or security bond for the processing of discretionary leave.

thanks,
@fatimahanif,
I have never heard of this. However, beware of people ringing you up and making such request, if you make a application you either pay by postal orders or you card number in the form. No cash as far as I am aware. Good luck

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat May 31, 2014 6:33 am

BRP received 30/05/14.

@'mystic
Congratulations!

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Sat May 31, 2014 8:07 am

BRP received 30/05/14.

Congratulations to you and your family.

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Al Haqq wrote:

thanks,
@fatimahanif,
I have never heard of this. However, beware of people ringing you up and making such request, if you make a application you either pay by postal orders or you card number in the form. No cash as far as I am aware. Good luck
Thanj you Al Haqq but even if you pay by card or postal irder, does home office require any security bond. My friend has applied for discretionary leave and her lawyer said that home office has asked that she pay £5000 as security bond. It will not affect the decision on her application. If she gets the visa they may return it in 90 days or may return it when her visa expires. I am worried that her lawyer is tricking her and taking the money himself.

Has anyone else been asked to do this by home office?

Thanks,

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat May 31, 2014 6:28 pm

[quote="ikeron"][quote="mystic82"]Hello wonderful people, its is with so much joy and gratitude to God that I share my wonderful news with y'all :D
BRP received 30/05/14.

I pray that everyone waiting on their good news will get it real soon. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!![/quote]

Congratulations to you and your family.[/quote]

Congrats @Mystic82. All the best.

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Sat May 31, 2014 6:43 pm

fatimahanif wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:

thanks,
@fatimahanif,
Thanj you Al Haqq but even if you pay by card or postal irder, does home office require any security bond. My friend has applied for discretionary leave and her lawyer said that home office has asked that she pay £5000 as security bond. It will not affect the decision on her application. If she gets the visa they may return it in 90 days or may return it when her visa expires. I am worried that her lawyer is tricking her and taking the money himself.

Has anyone else been asked to do this by home office?

Thanks,

Never heard before.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat May 31, 2014 7:25 pm

BRP received 30/05/14.

Congratulations to you and your family
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:54 am

@ fatimahanif
Hello again,
I find this very strange, There are a number of people on this forum who applied for DL and non has mentioned this money. I have also made a search for such term in the UKVI site, nothing of such. I remember they are planning to introduce bonds for people applying for VISITING from outside the UK.
I will suggest that your friend should wise up and he or she most probably needs a different lawyer.
Good luck.

Linda21
Newly Registered

Post by Linda21 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:15 pm

@ Ikeron ,Mystic82
Congratulations. Enjoy ur freedom

seanp

Post by seanp » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi everyone, pls I need clarification as the lawyers I consult are driving me crazy with different opinion/laws.Am an overstayer And married an eu national in 2010 and submit an application as partner of eea but she cancelled her passport behind my back when we seperated and I was refused, now we are divorced and am engaged with a British partner and we have a child(British) together plus 21 months of prove we have been living together though we have been together more than that. Pls which application should I submit besides is my prove of cohabitant is enough with the child passport to submit? I would appreciate your advice . Thanks
Last edited by seanp on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

es2013

Post by es2013 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:58 pm

BRP received 30/05/14.

Congratulations,enjoy some freedom in the summer. hope i get my good news soon as we applied in the same week xx
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Kombwe wrote:@ icehouse your good news will be here ASAP keep praying . I have been praying for everyone who is waiting. As we all know no mountain is too high for our God. Have a good weekend :D
@kombwe: thank you very much, our God is bigger than all problems and he created the heaven and earth including the HO caseworkers so therefore there is nothing our God cannot do. I have strong faith in him.

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:32 pm

mystic82 wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
BRP received 30/05/14.

@winner thank u very much
@icehouse256 thanks a lot, I applied on the basis of parent of BC.

@mystic82, I wish you a lovely and happy summer with the family. I pray that the Good Lord who made yours a success will grant us too our success. Holding on to FAITH .