ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Drmahmoodakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by Drmahmoodakhtar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:36 am

N/A
Last edited by Drmahmoodakhtar on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Drmahmoodakhtar

Firstly, to answer your question I doubt if you would be given permission to work as you automatically retain the conditions of your last resident permit while you application is being considered. I have not come across a situation where reverse is the case. However, someone else may have a contrary opinion.

Secondly, it appears that your application is based on fear of persecution if you were to return to Pakistan due to your sexuality. FLR O applications are designed for people who would like to remain in the UK for either or both family life and private life purposes.

You do not appear to have an established family life here as you do not have any child or a partner who is either a UK citizen or a permanent resident.

Equally, you have only lived here for just 3 years, you currently needs to have lived here for 20 years to have an established private life.

I think your application is more of an asylum case and I will suggest you seek legal advice immediately.

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Hello,

So this morning someone from my MP's office rang me with urgent news saying she got a reply back from the UKBA concerning my application.

The email stated that they sent a letter to my representative (my solicitor) requesting my biometrics on the 13th March 2013. Shortly after hearing this news my solicitor emailed me and said they received the letter TODAY (26th March).

Obviously the letter stated that the biometrics must be completed within 15 working days of the date on the letter (13 March). 15 working days from that date is the 3rd of April which (taking off Friday as it's bank holiday) is only 4 days to receive the letter at my home address and submit my biometrics! So now i'm hoping it arrives in time!

I do have a copy of the letter scanned and sent via email from my solicitors. I was wondering if I could print out and use that copy ASAP or do I have to have the original? Will the barcode still work with a copy of the letter?!

Thanks for any help, this is very urgent!

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:50 pm

@Elisha47

That's exactly what happened with my wife. Because they were so long in deciding her application they asked for more/up to date documents.
After she sent them she was granted FLR just a week later!
Don't worry about the English requirement, my wife didn't have that either. Just explain why you don't have it.

I know you have your heart set on going home home, but if you are thinking of changing your mind I think you will get your FLR pretty soon.

btw. my wife got her residence permit in the post today. FLR for 2.5 years.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm

philwafc wrote:@Elisha47

That's exactly what happened with my wife. Because they were so long in deciding her application they asked for more/up to date documents.
Don't worry about the English requirement, my wife didn't have that either. Just explain why you don't have it.

I know you have your heart set on going home home, but if you are thinking of changing your mind I think you will get your FLR pretty soon.

hello philwafc. how long does it take ukba before they decide yr wife application pls?

Drmahmoodakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by Drmahmoodakhtar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm

N/A
Last edited by Drmahmoodakhtar on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:44 pm

@yahwadud

It took 13 months.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:00 pm

philwafc wrote:@yahwadud

It took 13 months.
hello.i have been waiting for 14 months and a week today now .i kept thinking they r taken long to decide my application bcos my brirish partner has got no kids with me.its so frustrating

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Babatha wrote:Hello,

So this morning someone from my MP's office rang me with urgent news saying she got a reply back from the UKBA concerning my application.

The email stated that they sent a letter to my representative (my solicitor) requesting my biometrics on the 13th March 2013. Shortly after hearing this news my solicitor emailed me and said they received the letter TODAY (26th March).

Obviously the letter stated that the biometrics must be completed within 15 working days of the date on the letter (13 March). 15 working days from that date is the 3rd of April which (taking off Friday as it's bank holiday) is only 4 days to receive the letter at my home address and submit my biometrics! So now i'm hoping it arrives in time!

I do have a copy of the letter scanned and sent via email from my solicitors. I was wondering if I could print out and use that copy ASAP or do I have to have the original? Will the barcode still work with a copy of the letter?!

Thanks for any help, this is very urgent!

U have to take the original letter not a copy.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 pm

philwafc wrote:@Elisha47

Congrat how long your have to wait and it was first app ? Thanks

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 pm

i have been waiting for over 14 months for my flro application now.i just kept wondering maybe they are taken long to conclude my application because i have no kid with my british partner!.is it a 100% must that one must have a kid with partner to be granted brp?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm

yahwadud wrote:i have been waiting for over 14 months for my flro application now.i just kept wondering maybe they are taken long to conclude my application because i have no kid with my british partner!.is it a 100% must that one must have a kid with partner to be granted brp?
No it is not a must, but having kids is just an added advantage.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Prince74 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:i have been waiting for over 14 months for my flro application now.i just kept wondering maybe they are taken long to conclude my application because i have no kid with my british partner!.is it a 100% must that one must have a kid with partner to be granted brp?
No it is not a must, but having kids is just an added advantage.
thanks prince for yr reply and explanation

Amid
Newly Registered

Post by Amid » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:27 am

Hi guys,can anyone please help to shed some light on Appendix FM and what you know about it,also how it works? I heard from this March 5th Appendix FM has replaced DLR. Am not sure if the application form is FLRO or SETO and as to the fees am not sure if it has changes from £561 to £1,850 or £991 or if they remain at £561. Please advise on anything you know. One thing am sure of is recourse to public funds has been removed from the 30 or 33 months limited leave to remain that they are giving now on flro. Please guys if I said anything that is incorrect please correct me nicely. Anyone please Guru,Moderator,seasoned members.......anyone please.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

How do i go about requesting back my passport for identification purpose?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:18 pm

[quote="sanny26"]How do i go about requesting back my passport for identification purpose?[/quote]

If you are the applicant and you want to request your passport back your application will be withdrawn .

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 pm

sanny26 wrote:How do i go about requesting back my passport for identification purpose?
"For all applications other than European and nationality applications, if you request the return of documents, your application will be automatically withdrawn and your application fee will not be refunded."

Ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:03 pm

[quote="lenn83"][quote="sanny26"]How do i go about requesting back my passport for identification purpose?[/quote]

"For all applications other than European and nationality applications, if you request the return of documents, your application will be automatically withdrawn and your application fee will not be refunded."

Ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/[/quote]

I Already says that !!! is no point repeat it twice .

Success4
Newly Registered

Passport request

Post by Success4 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 am

Hello Everyone,

This forum has been really informative, thank you. I do want to ask a question though: my husband sent his DLR form off in Oct 2012 and did his biometric that day after he received his letter in February 2013. After reading everyone else's stories, I've realised that 6 months is NOT a very long time to wait. However, I have a very urgent and important travel arrangement for work and would need my passport back from the UKBA. I understand that if the applicant asked for a return of their passport, their application would be withdrawn from the system. Does that same rule apply to the spouses as well? I have a British passport. Thanks for the reply!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:45 am

MRLAOLU wrote:Hi Drmahmoodakhtar

Firstly, to answer your question I doubt if you would be given permission to work as you automatically retain the conditions of your last resident permit while you application is being considered. I have not come across a situation where reverse is the case. However, someone else may have a contrary opinion.

Secondly, it appears that your application is based on fear of persecution if you were to return to Pakistan due to your sexuality. FLR O applications are designed for people who would like to remain in the UK for either or both family life and private life purposes.

You do not appear to have an established family life here as you do not have any child or a partner who is either a UK citizen or a permanent resident.

Equally, you have only lived here for just 3 years, you currently needs to have lived here for 20 years to have an established private life.

I think your application is more of an asylum case and I will suggest you seek legal advice immediately.
MRLAOLU, my FLRO is also base on fear of persecution after withdrawing from Asylum a day after asylum application 5 years ago, instead of me reapply for asylum, i just apply straight for protection on FLRo right to private life & long stay... Am using a private solicitor and my MP is involved too. So do you mean it is a must one must have a partner as a UK citizen? I have 4 kids born in Rep.Ireland but not yet Irish citizen though, and i'm a 9ja like you :D
Ale001

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: Passport request

Post by sanny26 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Success4 wrote:Hello Everyone,

This forum has been really informative, thank you. I do want to ask a question though: my husband sent his DLR form off in Oct 2012 and did his biometric that day after he received his letter in February 2013. After reading everyone else's stories, I've realised that 6 months is NOT a very long time to wait. However, I have a very urgent and important travel arrangement for work and would need my passport back from the UKBA. I understand that if the applicant asked for a return of their passport, their application would be withdrawn from the system. Does that same rule apply to the spouses as well? I have a British passport. Thanks for the reply!
No you can request back your passport because your partner as already complete biometric.

yahwadud

decision

Post by yahwadud » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:05 pm

my heart is bitten.my mp just rang the ukba on my behalf and they told him that a decision has been made on my application and will be semd to my solicitor few days time and needed signing for

Elisha47

Re: decision

Post by Elisha47 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:41 pm

yahwadud wrote:my heart is bitten.my mp just rang the ukba on my behalf and they told him that a decision has been made on my application and will be semd to my solicitor few days time and needed signing for
My heart is pounding for you!!! Hopefully you'll got your visa, hope read good news, I'm just here waiting for my documents to come back and go back to Mexico with my partner and daughter, for me this process of waiting for a visa is been such a bad experience, and next time I apply for a visa I'll do it from Mexico definitely, I was reading there just take no longer than 20 days...

Any way keep us post it and relax don't stress ... :D

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Elisha47 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:my heart is bitten.my mp just rang the ukba on my behalf and they told him that a decision has been made on my application and will be semd to my solicitor few days time and needed signing for
My heart is pounding for you!!! Hopefully you'll got your visa, hope read good news, I'm just here waiting for my documents to come back and go back to Mexico with my partner and daughter, for me this process of waiting for a visa is been such a bad experience, and next time I apply for a visa I'll do it from Mexico definitely, I was reading there just take no longer than 20 days...

Thank u Elisha47.i will share the news as soon as It comes and I wish you goodluck in Mexico aswell.i just keep imagining thou!

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Elisha47 wrote:

Thank u Elisha47.i will share the news as soon as It comes and I wish you goodluck in Mexico aswell.i just keep imagining thou!