ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:02 pm

SDP wrote:Guys what are your thoughts on this below..
When HO makes a decision on my case will I get the decision or is it my solicitors who gets the decision first ?
Application was made through the solicitor , but I got the Biometrics letter straight from the HO...
I guess the letter came to you cos your lawyer put your address down for correspondence rather theirs. So I guess it's a 50:50 chance to be honest. I happened to a friend, all correspondence went straight to their home address even though they used a lawyer so I will keep my eye out on both to be honest.

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Call me dude wrote:Hi guys.i just got the courage to post on this forum.i think it's been very helpful.
Time line
Applications:5 nov 2012
Acknowledgement :7 nov 2012
Biometric letter:18 mar 2013
Biometric done:3 apr 2013(7 yrs rule)
Decision:still waiting
@Call me dude
Welcome to the forum. Can we have your histry briefly.
Been in the uk for the past 9 years.came with a visitor's visa.had a my first and second daughter here in 2006 and 2008 respectively.still with my partner
@Call me dude

Thank you for information. Nice family and good prospect.
Thanks
It is well

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:21 pm

summer2013 wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Call me dude wrote:Hi guys.i just got the courage to post on this forum.i think it's been very helpful.
Time line
Applications:5 nov 2012
Acknowledgement :7 nov 2012
Biometric letter:18 mar 2013
Biometric done:3 apr 2013(7 yrs rule)
Decision:still waiting
@Call me dude
Welcome to the forum. Can we have your histry briefly.
Been in the uk for the past 9 years.came with a visitor's visa.had a my first and second daughter here in 2006 and 2008 respectively.still with my partner
welcome to the forum dude!
is your partner settled here?
Yes he is.but he was refused last year.still waiting for appeal.
It is well

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:18 pm

My reasons for refusal.

1. Neither of us r british national, refugee status or humanitarian protection.
2. You have not lived 20 yrs or were between 18 -25.
3. They says my wife still have ties, she came here in jul 2009 so they says u spent 24 yrs of life backhome.
4. Out of immigration laws as u were pregnant at time of application n expecting child in aug 2012 so they believe ie 11 months ago now your child should be able to travel with u.

They says uk needs 7 million more migrants in 50 years, why not some of us.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm

nikitpatel wrote:My reasons for refusal.

3. They says my wife still have ties, she came here in jul 2009 so they says u spent 24 yrs of life backhome.
4. Out of immigration laws as u were pregnant at time of application n expecting child in aug 2012 so they believe ie 11 months ago now your child should be able to travel with u.

It's a joke ! Look at the reasons....phew !
Keep fighting don't give up...

Britain doesn't need immigrants like us who are hard working...unfortunately HO doesn't understand these budget figures nor the financial hole in the system..
.what I don't understand is if Mr Osborne is so confident/worried why can't Lib dem put their foot down and make the Tories accept it or threaten to with draw their support...simple.what do u think guys ! (I know Mr Nick clegg is enjoying as Deputy PM and not worried abt anything else)
I regret for voting Mr Nick Clegg (looked at his policy towards immigration)

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:09 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
SDP wrote:Guys what are your thoughts on this below..
When HO makes a decision on my case will I get the decision or is it my solicitors who gets the decision first ?
Application was made through the solicitor , but I got the Biometrics letter straight from the HO...
I guess the letter came to you cos your lawyer put your address down for correspondence rather theirs. So I guess it's a 50:50 chance to be honest. I happened to a friend, all correspondence went straight to their home address even though they used a lawyer so I will keep my eye out on both to be honest.
Thanx !

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 pm

These reasons are indeed pathetic, did they just look at the ages on the application form, the date and year of entry? What about the kids or the life that has been established here?

By the way What do they mean by 18-25?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:05 pm

@nikipatel.....very silly reasons to refuse you.....your appeal will definetely do it for you...fight on dear.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 pm

@ verbina how are you dear? i guess you are havin a nice weekend.....

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:55 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina how are you dear????

@yummymummy3j Im very well babe, thank you! After the MP/enforcement scare lol things are too damn quiet , I really wish I get some answer soon one way or another....
I also gave my parents false hopes that they might be seeing me soon back home.... So just waiting again :evil:

Career in immigration is a splendid idea babe! You can always practice on us here !!! 8) :idea:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:09 am

@verbina....awww its d waiting waiting and waiting dat does my head in.......i will be prayin for you my dear..do u think it worth askin yr mp to make more enquiry as to hw long you have to wait....am sure you will be granted in d end...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:14 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina....awww its d waiting waiting and waiting dat does my head in.......i will be prayin for you my dear..do u think it worth askin yr mp to make more enquiry as to hw long you have to wait....am sure you will be granted in d end...
Urrrrm MP said something like he is awaiting for more correspondence from HO so I just need to wait and see i suppose :) xx

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 am

verbina wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina....awww its d waiting waiting and waiting dat does my head in.......i will be prayin for you my dear..do u think it worth askin yr mp to make more enquiry as to hw long you have to wait....am sure you will be granted in d end...
Urrrrm MP said something like he is awaiting for more correspondence from HO so I just need to wait and see i suppose :) xx
Hmm.. We are all in the limbo....

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:00 pm

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="shareen24h"][quote="Kukuwife"]Shareen24h- not to worry every case will be decided on it merit having said that , this case shows that judge can be considerate.
We shall continue to pray and God will answer our prayers[/quote]

'@kukuwife

The court has wider powers in deciding cases that involves human right, they are not bound by only the immigration rules. We hope all have a good day.[/quote]

True that, but some of these courts are so biased and some tend to side the Secretary of State without looking at the facts on the table. Only God, I mean only God can breathe into the hearts of these people.[/quote]

@kukuwife and dapsonlee

It depends on the merits of individual case.

"The state having the right to control entry of non-nationals into its territory",

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Now lets brace ourselves for a new week ahead and lets hope and pray there will be lots of good news!!! Amen!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:23 pm

shareen24h wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:Shareen24h- not to worry every case will be decided on it merit having said that , this case shows that judge can be considerate.
We shall continue to pray and God will answer our prayers
'@kukuwife

The court has wider powers in deciding cases that involves human right, they are not bound by only the immigration rules. We hope all have a good day.
True that, but some of these courts are so biased and some tend to side the Secretary of State without looking at the facts on the table. Only God, I mean only God can breathe into the hearts of these people.
@kukuwife and dapsonlee

It depends on the merits of individual case.

"The state having the right to control entry of non-nationals into its territory",
True. But we have to remember that even with the merits, it takes the special grace of God cos these untrained case working dudes on £6 quid an hr don't care about no merits, they just wanna work get paid and get to the pub regardless of whose life cases they have in their hands. Imagine those getting declined having to wait till 2014 for an appeal and its only August 2013 sigh!!!. We gonna be needing Verbina's chicken to have a grilled up teeth for some luck :)

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:26 pm

verbina wrote:Hope everyone had a great weekend! Now lets brace ourselves for a new week ahead and lets hope and pray there will be lots of good news!!! Amen!
I was just about asking after you lol happy Sunday you and the gracious yummymummy3j, Believe2013, SDP, Keisha and others hope y'all had a good weekend. Amen to your prayer Verbina. New week new grace, I pray this week and Friday brings joyful news.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:Hope everyone had a great weekend! Now lets brace ourselves for a new week ahead and lets hope and pray there will be lots of good news!!! Amen!
I was just about asking after you lol happy Sunday you and the gracious yummymummy3j, Believe2013, SDP, Keisha and others hope y'all had a good weekend. Amen to your prayer Verbina. New week new grace, I pray this week and Friday brings joyful news.
Damn we all had high hopes for August!! Its turned out the slowest month!! And its bank holiday next weekend !!!!! @Onlyme will be getting his package tomorrow, so at least this coming week s about to start with great news!!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:45 pm

"Damn we all had high hopes for August!! Its turned out the slowest month!! And its bank holiday next weekend !!!!! @Onlyme will be getting his package tomorrow, so at least this coming week s about to start with great news!!"

@Verbina, The month of August is usually slow in the HO to decide cases as most of them go on summer break. This will pick up again anytime from Mid September onwards and October is always the most active month.

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:49 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Lets hope we get some good news coming week, Good luck everyone !
@Dasoniee it was an ok Sunday for me , nothing great with this HO issue at the back of the mind we can never enjoy to the fullest ...I can understand how @Onlyme must me feeling and going through ! Keep praying..

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:52 pm

@Nikit, i wish you very very good luck with your appeal but i honestly will recommend you to hire a good solicitor as the reasons they have refused may seems stupid but are valid reason. You can for sure fight on the last reason of refusal as that seems real stupid.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:59 pm

hatchsead wrote:"Damn we all had high hopes for August!! Its turned out the slowest month!! And its bank holiday next weekend !!!!! @Onlyme will be getting his package tomorrow, so at least this coming week s about to start with great news!!"

@Verbina, The month of August is usually slow in the HO to decide cases as most of them go on summer break. This will pick up again anytime from Mid September onwards and October is always the most active month.
There must be a law against it!!! Grrrrr!!! I knew it! I just knew they are sneakily going off on bloody holidays!!!

October?!!!! *@@*K!!! I ll be proper spastic by then from all this worrying!!! :P

Welcome to the forum hun!!!!!! :lol:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:01 pm

@hatchsead are you talking from experience hun? Have you been waiting awfully long? Please share your story... :D

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:03 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Damn we all had high hopes for August!! Its turned out the slowest month!! And its bank holiday next weekend !!!!! @Onlyme will be getting his package tomorrow, so at least this coming week s about to start with great news!!
How about believing that the best was saved for last!!! I know this week has good tidings in it for every single day of it. SDP just keep your eye out cos for us in waiting, miracles is on the way. (Amen). I guess Verbina rejoicing in spirit for you feels great. 3 thread pages just to congratulate you alone lol! :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:11 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
How about believing that the best was saved for last!!! I know this week has good tidings in it for every single day of it. SDP just keep your eye out cos for us in waiting, miracles is on the way. (Amen). I guess Verbina rejoicing in spirit for you feels great. 3 thread pages just to congratulate you alone lol! :)
Hahaha @dapsonlee I wish!! 8)