ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Migration: New rules to be introduced from 09-Jul-12

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alle

Post by Alle » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi Greenie,

If your leave will expire before you complete your two years, you will need to apply for further leave on form FLR(M) and then for ILR on form SET(M) once you complete your two years. You will not be subject to the new minimum income thresholds but will be subject to the current 'adequate accomodation and maintenance' requirements.

Can you please state what evidence we can show for this

helpfinder
Newly Registered

help

Post by helpfinder » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 pm

hi im going abroad next month to get married. i earn 400 a week which is roughly 20,000 a year which meets the financial requirement of 18,600. my question is that im staying abroad for 6 weeks and i have been at my current job for 3 months. they will give 2 weeks holiday pay. now to get 6 months wage at one job from category a there will be a gap if i go abroad and come back. will they accept the gap in between with no wage if i have 3 months wage slips before going abroad and 3 months after i come back equal to six moths

a54i54
- thin ice -

Post by a54i54 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Greenie wrote: 5. For PBS dependents who do not qualify for ILR at the same time as the main PBS migrant because you haven't completed your two year probationary period:

- If you will complete your two years within the validity of your PBS dependent leave, you no longer need to apply for FLR(M), instead you will be able to apply directly for ILR on form SET(O) once you have completed your two years
Hello Greenie,

I initially came in to the UK in August 2007 on WP and got Tier1 in May 2009. Spouse joined me in June 2011 with Tier1 Dependent.

I further got Tier1 extension in May 2012 for me and dependent tier 1 for spouse.

Since I was completing 5 years in August 2012, I applied for ILR in July 2012 (28 days before) with success.

So, spouse is currently on tier1 dependent valid till May 2014 and I am on ILR w.e.f July 2012.

As per above, I do not have to apply for FLR(m) for spouse as her current (PBS dependent) leave (May 2014) will expire after she completes the qualifying period - which is June 2013.

Can you please guide on where can I look for this information UKBA site.

Also, I and my wife are planning to travel overseas for vacation, will there be a problem on arrival back in the UK, please guide.

Thanks in advance,
Ash.

paulkantner
BANNED

Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer

Post by paulkantner » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks for this marvelous post...

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:04 pm

hi,

got my ilr recently on basis of long residence. my wife came here as student dependent in Jan 2006,
got PSW in 2008 for 2 years and in 2010 got Discretionary leave to remain.

My question is does she come under old rules or new financial rules for spouse visa.

I have called many solicitors, telling me different things. CONFUSED!!!

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Now does this mean if someone is already in country as switch visa from TTier 1 general to FLR (M) with IELTS exam on first entry into Uk

Will need to sit for another english exam in the UK ? there seems to be some mention in an example as such person will not need to sit for it and the test at first entry Tier1 ? will be taken into account..
================
sushdmehta wrote:The changes will not be applied retrospectively other than that anyone applying for settlement from October 2013 must demonstrate English language proficiency at B1 level (listening and speaking) and pass the Life in the UK test to be eligible for settlement.

In other words, to be eligible for settlement from October 2013, all applicants (those under current rules and those who will enter the route from 09-Jul-12 onwards) will need to meet this new B1 English language proficiency and Life in the UK test requirement.

Statement of changes in Immigration rules HC 194
The appendices provide a simple to understand and concise summary of the changes and transitional arrangements.