ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wassap

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by wassap » Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 am

By the grace of allah, my bro in law has been granted his visa.

After recieving the email that the documents are ready, he got a call a few hours later, telling him to come and collect the documents today, thankfully it was a positive result :)

For info, he applied on Feb 20th (they got married in October 2014), and a email was recieved that the docs are being sent back to the VAC on Monday 18th may, and another email on the 19th saying it was all ready. Basically bang on 3 months. At no point do any of the emails give any indication of what the result is.
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 20, 2015 8:34 am

wassap wrote:By the grace of allah, my bro in law has been granted his visa.

After recieving the email that the documents are ready, he got a call a few hours later, telling him to come and collect the documents today, thankfully it was a positive result :)

For info, he applied on Feb 20th (they got married in October 2014), and a email was recieved that the docs are being sent back to the VAC on Monday 18th may, and another email on the 19th saying it was all ready. Basically bang on 3 months. At no point do any of the emails give any indication of what the result is.
Congrats to them :)
Thanks for updating us all
Can you tell us the date the biometric were given at mirpur ?
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Wed May 20, 2015 8:55 am

congrats

my wife received same email today "that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre for collection."

hope for the best...

Applied on 12-March-2015 from lahore

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 20, 2015 9:05 am

khuram_noman wrote:congrats

my wife received same email today "that your UK visa application has been processed and will now be returned to the Visa Application Centre for collection."

hope for the best...

Applied on 12-March-2015 from lahore
All the best bruv
In Shaa Allah it will be a positive outcome :)

rafari
Newly Registered

Post by rafari » Wed May 20, 2015 9:47 am

Today I received following email:

Dear  RABIA  FARID ,

Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British High Commission in Islamabad.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has been delayed while we undertake further checks.  This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.

We will conclude your case as soon as possible and we will email you when your documents have been returned to the Visa Application Centre.  You will then be contacted again when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before you have been advised to do so.

We apologise for this delay.  Please avoid making any travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.

We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process of your application.  If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your case, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
www.gov.uk/ukvi

UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office

This is an automated message - please do not respond as incoming mail is not monitored.
-----------------

Please tell what does this mean? I did not ask for any status update. Have anyone of you got such email.

"

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 20, 2015 9:59 am

rafari wrote:Today I received following email:

Dear  RABIA  FARID ,

Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British High Commission in Islamabad.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has been delayed while we undertake further checks.  This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.

We will conclude your case as soon as possible and we will email you when your documents have been returned to the Visa Application Centre.  You will then be contacted again when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before you have been advised to do so.

We apologise for this delay.  Please avoid making any travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.

We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process of your application.  If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your case, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi

UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office

This is an automated message - please do not respond as incoming mail is not monitored.
-----------------

Please tell what does this mean? I did not ask for any status update. Have anyone of you got such email.

"
This email you have received is to advise you that they are not going to meet their 12 weeks limit with your application. ..
This is nothing to be worried about ...
What happens at times is that the ECO may have requested information which they are still awaiting for which they can't make a decision until those checks have come bk.
Just keep faith and in Shaa Allah you will here back soon...
In most cases people hear back within a month of receiving such email.

asif_sharif
Member of Standing

Post by asif_sharif » Wed May 20, 2015 11:31 am

seems a lot people who applied in March are getting replies now i guess that means april applicants will get replies in june hopefully :?
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 20, 2015 11:35 am

asif_sharif wrote:seems a lot people who applied in March are getting replies now i guess that means april applicants will get replies in june hopefully :?
In Shaa Allah bruv
That's what it looks like by studying current turnaround times

kopfan

Post by kopfan » Wed May 20, 2015 11:44 am

Jzk Sajjad for last repsonse - makes sense - since date of biometric - and Allhumbaarik to those who have been granted visa

They have just concluded Feb and got to some very early March ones - I am mid March - I expect a mid Jun reply - so April guys, late Jun - Early July most probably.

I know someone who applied Feb early/mid Feb and got 2 weeks ago - so they still seem to be some february ones going on.

InshAllah they speed up.

zaidamjad

Post by zaidamjad » Wed May 20, 2015 11:45 am

I got same email without asking an update 1 April 2015.
On 21 April asked for an update and got reply that
Application is progressed. Till now no reply.

Bio matrix submitted = 19 February

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 20, 2015 12:17 pm

kopfan wrote:Jzk Sajjad for last repsonse - makes sense - since date of biometric - and Allhumbaarik to those who have been granted visa

They have just concluded Feb and got to some very early March ones - I am mid March - I expect a mid Jun reply - so April guys, late Jun - Early July most probably.

I know someone who applied Feb early/mid Feb and got 2 weeks ago - so they still seem to be some february ones going on.

InshAllah they speed up.
When in march did you submit Biometrics? ?
In Shaa allah you will be hearing soon

kopfan

Post by kopfan » Wed May 20, 2015 12:36 pm

sajjaduk wrote:
kopfan wrote:Jzk Sajjad for last repsonse - makes sense - since date of biometric - and Allhumbaarik to those who have been granted visa

InshAllah they speed up.
Online application on 9th March and biometric on 18th March.

However, brother Khuram who applied on 12th march from Lahore already has a reply mashAllah - they picking up some speed or something.

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Wed May 20, 2015 1:11 pm

kopfan wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:

InshAllah they speed up.
Online application on 9th March and biometric on 18th March.

However, brother Khuram who applied on 12th march from Lahore already has a reply mashAllah - they picking up some speed or something.
In that case in Shaa Allah you should be hearing some sort of update in coming few days or week.
Will keep you in my duas .

March2015

Post by March2015 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:39 am

Any updates? :)

Adh33l
Newly Registered

Post by Adh33l » Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 am

Salaam
Brothers and sisters

I been a silent reader on this post for a lil while now I was wondering if you guys can give some info

Wat I need to no is how long it's taking to receive an answer I applied for wife's visa on the 19/05/15
Am I looking at a couple of months I applied as self employed and another thing how do I track its status

Islam123
Newly Registered

Post by Islam123 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 am

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all well

Online Application: 9th March 2015
Biometrics: 12th March 2015
Update Request: 12th May 2015 - No Current Updates
Process Complete: 21st May 2015
RFC & collected:

Im new to this Forum, but thought i would share my timeline, Requesting your duas, in Shaa Allah hoping for the best

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Thu May 21, 2015 9:13 am

Islam123 wrote:Hi Everyone

Hope you are all well

RFC & collected:

Im new to this Forum, but thought i would share my timeline, Requesting your duas, in Shaa Allah hoping for the best
May Allah SWT give you good news in Shaa Allah
Look forward to hear of your outcome

March2015

Post by March2015 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:16 am

Hope you are all well

RFC & collected:

Good luck :) Did you receive a processed email?

Islam123
Newly Registered

Post by Islam123 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:20 am

March2015 wrote:

Hope you are all well

RFC & collected:

Good luck :) Did you receive a processed email?
Yes Allhamdulillah, received the email this morning.

Applied from Islamabad

rafari
Newly Registered

Post by rafari » Thu May 21, 2015 9:59 am

I have two queries:
Where does this visa process happen, in Islamabad or in Dubai?
And those who get visa by grace of Allah, how much time they are given to travel within?

sajjaduk

Post by sajjaduk » Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 am

rafari wrote:I have two queries:
And those who get visa by grace of Allah, how much time they are given to travel within?
To your first question. ..
All visa applications submitted are either dealt with islamabad or Karachi dependent on VFC location

To your second question...
You have 30 days to travel to the UK from the valid date mentioned on the vignette in your passport

kopfan

Post by kopfan » Thu May 21, 2015 10:36 am

To your second question - those who applied before April - I think can still travel between any dates of the visa start and end - So normal visas are 33 months - and you should travel within 3 months so that the person stays in UK for 30 months.

Recent change has meant you get a 30 day timeframe - HOWEVER - this is not to make it harder - but they will try to cater to people 'travel date' that was mentioned on the form. - so if you said you want to travel in August - they will stamp that as the visa start date- and you must leave 30 days within that time etc.

FizzB
Newly Registered

Post by FizzB » Thu May 21, 2015 2:39 pm

All settlement applications are processed in Islamabad. The High Commission in Karachi has been non-functional for years now. Visit visas go to Abu Dhabhi unless applied on priority then they're processed in Islamabad.

You don't have any set number of days to travel. But you should be in UK with 30 months of visa left on your passport.

rafari
Newly Registered

Post by rafari » Thu May 21, 2015 3:36 pm

That means who applied before April they would get 33 month visa?

ab112

Post by ab112 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:32 pm

rafari wrote:That means who applied before April they would get 33 month visa?
My wife applied the same day as you! I think if your file was received at BHC before 18 March (both me and you missed this deadline because ours was received at 19 march) then you would get something like a 30 days stamp on your passport which gives you 30 days to enter UK. Once here you have to go to your local post office to collect your residence card (I think) and that is your immigration status which you have to show everywhere. This is something new and not many including me dont know much about it.

I really preferred the old system because it gave you 3 months to prepare but hey they change things as they wish!

BTW have you got any updates?