ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

any advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alisonpal

any advice

Post by alisonpal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:57 pm

hi my husband has been in uk on spouse visa we are now applying for indefinate leave to remain i am currently on a severe disabilty benefits due to a heart condition we have house which i pay shortfall for as i claim my benefits for myself council tax in joint names but i get rebate house joint names i ave showed the housing my husbands passport and that he is not allowed public fund he works self employed since returning to uk after marriage what do i need show
1.passports x2
2.lease in joint names
3.bank statemnets joint names
4.council tax both names
5.3 different sources of letters for both

also i am bit sure what else i need show ty for your help

harv

Post by harv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Although you are the sponsor, your husband (the applicant) can also show his earnings to qualify under the maintenance requirements.

If he is self employed make sure that all the relevant HMRC documents are available with the application i.e.:

- P60
- Tax certificate from HMRC if any

If he is working through hi own limited company, he will need to show more documentation to meet the requirements.

In terms of the rest of the document requirements, hopefully other experienced board members will be able to help.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Don't forget that your husband must pass the Life in the UK test or complete a UKBA approved ESOL course before applying for ILR.

alisonpal

Post by alisonpal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Casa wrote:Don't forget that your husband must pass the Life in the UK test or complete a UKBA approved ESOL course before applying for ILR.
yeah he has passed life in the uk test does me being on public funds affect him in any way as i am not claiming for him