ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk spouse visa for a colombian national

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

cooperman123

Uk spouse visa for a colombian national

Post by cooperman123 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:39 pm

I am a British Citizen and I recently got married to a Colombian National in Colombia. I always understood that my wife must pass the A1 test before we apply for the Uk spouse visa. I already live in the UK. I was born here and we plan to settle in the Uk as soon as possible.
However, the rules exempt spouses or partners of EEA citizens. Sure that includes me?

Does my colombian wife need to pass the A1 test before the visa? Only a friend of hers recently married a British man and they got a visa this year without having to provide any evidence at all. Its all very confusing. I dont want to apply for a visa only to be turned down. Does anyone out there know anything about this or have experiences with visas through Bogota?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!