ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WITHDRAW APPLICATION WHEN DO I HAVE TO LEAVE...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Elisha47

WITHDRAW APPLICATION WHEN DO I HAVE TO LEAVE...

Post by Elisha47 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi I applied for FLR O in January 2012, but after 13 months I couldnt wait no more, I withdraw my application today february 27th, Im going back to my home country Mexico, I have a british husband and daughter we all going, my question is after i receive my passports and documents how many days I get to leave the UK. And If I ever apply again for a visa will it be consider fresh application or will they stop me because I applied before in the UK.
Thnx in advance for your replies...

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear you have withdrawn your application Elisha, I know you have been waiting a long time (the same as my wife 13 months) so I know how you feel. Sometimes we debated as to if we should go back to my wife's homeland. I'm sure your leave to remain may have been coming soon but I can understand your frustration. Good luck in Mexico and at least you'll have the sunshine!

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:14 pm

philwafc wrote:I'm sorry to hear you have withdrawn your application Elisha, I know you have been waiting a long time (the same as my wife 13 months) so I know how you feel. Sometimes we debated as to if we should go back to my wife's homeland. I'm sure your leave to remain may have been coming soon but I can understand your frustration. Good luck in Mexico and at least you'll have the sunshine!
Oh thnx for your nice words philwafc, I cant wait to go Mexico now at least I have the beaches and I am excited sad obviouslly cause after so long I did it but I couldnt cope with the question will it come tomorrow or next month, and I missed my family to bits so all good...
But Good luck to everyone!!!

Your wife did receive her visa didn't she??

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 pm

She got her further leave to remain yes, but instead of the old style stamped visa in the passport she has to apply for a Biometric Residence Permit. She sent this off a couple of weeks ago so she just has to wait now until they tell her to get her Biometrics done, then she will be issued with the card. Hopefully this won't take too long. Even though we can relax now she can continue to reside in this country, she's still unable to travel until she gets her permit. Like yourself she misses her family and her parents are yet to meet their Grandaughter so fingers crossed this application will be quick!!

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Withdraw Appeal

Post by melbgirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:45 am

Hi,

My grandfather has passed away and I want to go home. If I withdrawl my appeal, how long will it take for my passport to get back to me?

Will they just give it to me at the airport as I will then have no right to be in the UK.

It is rediculous they make us unable to travel, even if they had a restriction of no more than 28 days out of the UK it would be ok.

Or am I better off just trying for an emergency passport from the Australian High Commission? I know this will also cancel my appeal