ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa for in-laws

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mstevens
Newly Registered

visit visa for in-laws

Post by mstevens » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:09 am

Hi there

Would be grateful for any assistance.

I am a British citizen, my wife is non-EU and holds a UK residence card (a Surinder Singh case).

My wife's family are all non-EU and based in a non-EU country. They require visas to visit my wife and I here in the UK.

Should they apply for a family visit visa or a general tourist visa?

Many thanks.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 am

If they are coming to stay with you and being looked after by you then a family visa. If they are staying in hotels and traveling around then a tourist visa. They must prove they have a definite reason to return to their own country after their holiday. In other words show that they are returning to same address in the form of tenancy agreements or if they own their property. Return air tickets. Employment and letters form employer granting them leave.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

mstevens
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by mstevens » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:50 pm

DieselD wrote:If they are coming to stay with you and being looked after by you then a family visa. If they are staying in hotels and traveling around then a tourist visa. They must prove they have a definite reason to return to their own country after their holiday. In other words show that they are returning to same address in the form of tenancy agreements or if they own their property. Return air tickets. Employment and letters form employer granting them leave.
Thank you for your reply - and sorry for my delayed response!