ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa and its validity

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Visit visa and its validity

Post by gainvidya » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi,

I am British Citizen from 2010 and sponsored my parents to visit me in 2009 (ILR then) on a 6 month visit visa. I plan to sponsor my Indian parents with longer duration visit visa. My question is do they need to apply for 2 years followed by 5 and then 10 year visit visa or they can directly apply for 10 year visit visa?

Also in future I plan to get them dependant visa. In case if the dependant visa is rejected would that affect the validity of ongoing visit visa which could be as long as 10 years?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Do you think they qualify for a dependant visa? Have you seen the new rules? If they apply and are refused, they will find it very difficult to get another visit visa
You can apply to join a settled person in the UK if:

You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking.
The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.
With regard to long-term visit visa:
Short-term and long-term visit visas
A short-term visit visa allows you to come to the UK for a maximum of 6 months (or a maximum of 12 months if you are accompanying an academic visitor).

A long-term visit visa is valid for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years. The application fee is higher than for a short-term visit visa.

If we grant you a long-term visit visa, you are allowed unlimited entry into the UK for the time that the visa is valid, but for a maximum of 6 months for each visit.

We recommend that you limit your stay to the period stated on your visa application. If you spend long periods in the UK as a visitor, our officers may doubt your intentions.

If you breach the conditions of your entry to the UK, we may ban you from returning for up to 10 years.

If you apply for a long-term visit visa, we consider:

whether you can show a frequent and sustained need to come to the UK (such as family links or an established business connection);
whether your personal circumstances are likely to change significantly while the visa is valid - so you should give us as much evidence as possible that your circumstances will remain the same;
whether you have shown that you can support yourself in the UK without public funds, and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of each visit; andyour previous travel history as shown in a current valid passport.

You should think carefully before applying for a long-term visit visa. We may refuse the visa or issue it for a shorter period than you have applied for (if, for example, the evidence that you provide does not support a long-term visit visa application, or does not meet the visa requirements). If we refuse the application or issue the visa for a shorter period, we will not refund your application fee.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 am

Lucapooka wrote:Do you think they qualify for a dependant visa? Have you seen the new rules? If they apply and are refused, they will find it very difficult to get another visit visa
Thanks for your reply. What if they do get a visit visa and apply for dependant later sometime which get rejected. Will that rejection override running valid visit visa. Reason I am asking is I dont want the doors to be closed for my parent to visit me in the future.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 am

How do you think they qualify for settlement? How are they unable to self-manage their daily routine?

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Lucapooka wrote:How do you think they qualify for settlement? How are they unable to self-manage their daily routine?
My parents retired and do not work anymore. I would like them to stay with me and my wife so we can take care of them. I am settled in UK with a good job and house on mortgage.

Their age is 62 and 57 respectively.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:05 pm

That does not qualify them for settlement. Age is not relevant. They need to be incapable of caring for themselves with the added condition that you can't afford to hire a home helper to do this. The price of a home helper is probably easily affordable (you can pay for it yourself if they can't) in their location. Please read up on this before you commit the folly of making an application that no merit that would kill off any further visit visa being issued.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:38 am

gainvidya wrote:Will that rejection override running valid visit visa. Reason I am asking is I dont want the doors to be closed for my parent to visit me in the future.
Even with a valid visit visa they must satisfy the staff at border control (airport) about their intention to return. Once dependent visa application made, and if rejected, it is possible that this rejection will be recorded on their file and cause the border staff to refuse them entry on their next visit.

The doors have already been closed. They are simply bolting them tight shut now.