ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Smallfamily

Applying for a spouse Visa

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi... (asking this question on my friend's behalf)

Can someone please kindly tell me the income threshold of £18,600 is gross or net to apply for a spouse visa?

Secondly, do i need to send the wage slips of last 3 months or 6 months?

Finally, about the bank statements... according to my knowledge we need to send the bank statements for the last 6 months but in my case there was no activity in my bank account. I was a full time student and I only started my job 2 months ago. Still in present no bills on my bank statements coz I'm living with parents and they are responsible for all utility bills.

Please kindly shed some light on my questions. Many thanks in advance

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Gross

Minimum 6 - it depends which category for finances you're applying in!

Bank statements must be sent and they must have the corresponding entries for the wages.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Applying for a spouse Visa

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Hi... (asking this question on my friend's behalf)

Can someone please kindly tell me the income threshold of £18,600 is gross or net to apply for a spouse visa?

Secondly, do i need to send the wage slips of last 3 months or 6 months?

Finally, about the bank statements... according to my knowledge we need to send the bank statements for the last 6 months but in my case there was no activity in my bank account. I was a full time student and I only started my job 2 months ago. Still in present no bills on my bank statements coz I'm living with parents and they are responsible for all utility bills.

Please kindly shed some light on my questions. Many thanks in advance
Is this you or your friend?

It's Gross income that needs to meet the threshold. The wage slips and corresponding bank statements need to be for 6 months (if employed 6 or more months) as well as the other specified evidence as per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary see page 26.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks for ur reply... what do u mean by cateogories for finances? I'm full time working and luckily my gross income is more than £18,600.

And the second thing, I have only started my job 2 months ago before that I was a full time student. So do I have to wait for another 4 months to sponser a spousal application.

Thanks again

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Thanks for ur reply... what do u mean by cateogories for finances? I'm full time working and luckily my gross income is more than £18,600.

And the second thing, I have only started my job 2 months ago before that I was a full time student. So do I have to wait for another 4 months to sponser a spousal application.

Thanks again
If you had no earnings in the last 12 months you'll have to wait, unless you or your partner received non-employment income i.e. shares or rental property.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Your friend - or you - needs to look at the application forms and the rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... financial/

Read the 'annex fm 1.7' document linked on the right hand side of this page - it explains all about the categories and gives worked examples.

But once your friend - or you - has worked for 6 months in this job - you can (on the face of it) apply.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:17 pm

MPH80 wrote:Your friend - or you - needs to look at the application forms and the rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... financial/

Read the 'annex fm 1.7' document linked on the right hand side of this page - it explains all about the categories and gives worked examples.

But once your friend - or you - has worked for 6 months in this job - you can (on the face of it) apply.
I think it is the OP don't know why s(he) said friend as it just made it confusing.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks guys for help. No, actually this information is for my friend not for myself.