ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse returned abroad and visa expired

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Salxxx
Newly Registered

spouse returned abroad and visa expired

Post by Salxxx » Fri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi

I have a client who has gone to home country with child. The visa has expired and she needs to return for a hearing. Spouse will not sponsor her as marriage has broken down. Partner did not know imm rules and that she could not return or her visa would expire. She has applied for wardship from abroad and so there is a hearing scheduled. Does spouse have to sponsor her to return for hearing re: wardship of children, even though marriage has broken down? The husband here canot be forced to sponsor her, can he?
thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: spouse returned abroad and visa expired

Post by Amber » Fri May 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Salxxx wrote:Hi

I have a client who has gone to home country with child. The visa has expired and she needs to return for a hearing. Spouse will not sponsor her as marriage has broken down. Partner did not know imm rules and that she could not return or her visa would expire. She has applied for wardship from abroad and so there is a hearing scheduled. Does spouse have to sponsor her to return for hearing re: wardship of children, even though marriage has broken down? The husband here canot be forced to sponsor her, can he?
thanks
Your client, are you an advisor?

What was the client's visa before it expired? Was she suffering domestic abuse, what is the nationality of her husband, is her husband the person sponsoring her and did he sign an undertaking?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.