ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of supporting documents for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Melhan
Newly Registered
Turkey

List of supporting documents for spouse visa

Post by Melhan » Sun May 26, 2013 8:56 pm

I am a British national living in England and have been in a four year relationship with a Turkish national who lives in Turkey. We got married last month in Turkey and we are about to apply for a spouse visa so that we can live together in England. We have prepared all the supporting evidence that we believe we need and we would be grateful if someone could take a look at our list and tell us if it looks okay or of we should add any other documents. We currently have three full ring binders!

Thanks very much for your help.

List of supporting evidence for our spouse visa:

Communication evidence
• Facebook print screens
• Email records
• MSN chat history
• Skype call logs
• Phone records

Relationship evidence
• Flight tickets and bus tickets from each time we met (22 times over 4 years)
• Printed photos of visa stamps in sponsor’s previous passport
• Hotel bookings and payment receipts from all our holidays together
• Photos from each time we met including those of us with family and friends
• Photos and receipts for flowers sent from applicant to sponsor for birthdays and Valentine’s Day
• Photos of gifts, cards and letters from applicant and applicant’s family to sponsor and vice versa
• Copy of acknowledgement page from applicant’s PhD thesis mentioning love and support from sponsor during studies
• Christmas cards and wedding invitation addressed to sponsor and applicant (originals)
• Receipt for obtaining certificate of non-impediment for sponsor in UK (original)
• Marriage certificate and Formül B (originals)
• Receipt for payment of marriage ceremony (original)
• Wedding ceremony photos
• Letter of support from sponsor’s parents (original hand written, signed and dated)
• Letter from applicant explaining relationship history and our plans for our future together
• Letter from sponsor confirming relationship history and future plans detailed in applicant’s letter

Evidence of meeting the financial requirement
• Letter from sponsor’s employer confirming her employment and letters confirming last two years’ salary (originals)
• Seven months of payslips and two years P60s all signed by the HR manager of the sponsor’s employer together with a letter from the sponsor’s employer confirming their authenticity (originals)
• Last seven months’ bank statements signed and stamped by the bank (originals)
• Printout of the most recent account transaction showing payment of salary into the account since the payment occurred four days after the most recent statement. This printout was also signed and stamped by the bank (original)

Evidence of meeting the accommodation requirement
• Letter from lettings agency confirming that the sponsor is the legal tenant and that the landlord has given permission for the sponsor to move in (original)
• Letter from lettings agency listing rooms and measurements and stating that the house is big enough for two people to live there (original)
• Print screens of the rooms in the house from estate agents online brochure (house was up for sale immediately prior to the sponsor moving in as a tenant)
• Photos of applicant and sponsor in the house
• Sponsor’s council tax bill (stating she is a single occupier and entitled to 25% discount), water bill, gas bill and electricity bill as evidence sponsor is living at this address (originals)

Evidence of meeting the language requirement
• Applicant’s IELTS certificate (original)

Identification evidence
• Certified copy of sponsor’s passport
• Copy of sponsor’s driving licence
• Applicant’s passport and previous passports
• 2 recent passport photos of applicant

Additional evidence
• Copies of visitor visa letters written by sponsor
• Applicant’s letter of employment from current employer in Turkey and last 5 months payslips and bank statements (originals)
• Applicant’s CV to show his qualifications and previous employment as evidence that he is employable
• Letter from Attorney General confirming applicant has no previous criminal convictions (original and translation)
• List of appendices for all supporting documents
Last edited by Melhan on Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Melhan, that's a very thorough list, I'm not surprised it takes up three ring binders!!!

The only thing that I'd say is missing is the Sponsorship Undertaking form (SU07/12) - I know this is strictly not required for spouse visa (only dependant visa) however I've read of a number of refusals due to not providing it so personally I wouldn't risk it. You can download the form from the UKBA site. Better safe than sorry!

I would cut down the relationship evidence and just provide a few examples of each (i.e. emails, skype chats, hotel/flights bookings etc) spanning the duration of your relationship. As you've successfully applied for a number of visit visas in the past I don't think you'll have any problem passing the genuine relationship section.

Also, your hubbies pay slips and bank statements are not required as they are not being used towards meeting the financial requirement. As the financial side of things is the most important of all I wouldn't risk causing any confusion in this area by providing extra documents over and above what is needed.

Overall your application looks really good, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good luck :)

P.s. I'll send you a PM with my list of evidence so you can compare

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:16 pm

saw87 wrote:Hi Melhan, that's a very thorough list, I'm not surprised it takes up three ring binders!!!

The only thing that I'd say is missing is the Sponsorship Undertaking form (SU07/12) - I know this is strictly not required for spouse visa (only dependant visa) however I've read of a number of refusals due to not providing it so personally I wouldn't risk it. You can download the form from the UKBA site. Better safe than sorry!

I would cut down the relationship evidence and just provide a few examples of each (i.e. emails, skype chats, hotel/flights bookings etc) spanning the duration of your relationship. As you've successfully applied for a number of visit visas in the past I don't think you'll have any problem passing the genuine relationship section.

Also, your hubbies pay slips and bank statements are not required as they are not being used towards meeting the financial requirement. As the financial side of things is the most important of all I wouldn't risk causing any confusion in this area by providing extra documents over and above what is needed.

Overall your application looks really good, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good luck :)

Can you enlighten us on the posts that mention that there application failed because of the lack of sponsorship declaration su07/12?

Sponsorship declaration is not required for spouse visa, and a spouse visa will not be refused for something that is not required at all.

Agree that OP's hubby's wage slips etc are not required and do nothing for the application process, and hence should not be included.

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
saw87 wrote:Hi Melhan, that's a very thorough list, I'm not surprised it takes up three ring binders!!!

Can you enlighten us on the posts that mention that there application failed because of the lack of sponsorship declaration su07/12?

Sponsorship declaration is not required for spouse visa, and a spouse visa will not be refused for something that is not required at all.

Agree that OP's hubby's wage slips etc are not required and do nothing for the application process, and hence should not be included.
It was not on this forum I read of these refusals but on Expat Forum. As I explained to Melhan in my post, I know it's not a specified document for spouse visa however having read of refusals referring to the lack of sponsorship undertaking form, I personally wasn't going to take the risk.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:30 am

From my own experience, to be on safe side, it is advisable to include the Sponsorship Declaration form. I can remember when I wife applied for spouse visa, she was given this form to be completed by me, fortunately, I was waiting for her outside the VFS centre, I quickly completed it and gave it back to her. It is also considered by ECO's as part of evidence of "Subsisting Relationship" because the form will ask the sponsor, your address in U.K where your spouse will stay and supporting your spouse financially without recourse to public funds, and you the sponsor will be required to sign the declaration.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:

First of all this is not the correct sponsorship declaration form for spouse visa,This form is used for elderly dependent relatives

This is incorrect.It is required with an application for spouse visa.Its a completely separate form which you must complete to state you are sponsoring and undertaking all responsibility of applicant

Melhan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Melhan » Tue May 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank you to everyone for their comments.

Regarding the Sponsorship Undertaking Declaration form (SU07/12), we thought that this was only required if Part 4 of VAF4A Appendix 2 had to be completed (Part 4 – Maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement). However, now we are thinking of including it just in case.

batleykhan – if form SU07/12 is not the correct Sponsorship Declaration form for the spouse visa, please could you advise which is the correct form and where it might be found? Thanks very much

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 pm

You should also add in a copy of your contract of employment (sponsors employment). Have it stamped/signed by your employer if you're worried about putting in a copy etc

In your employers letter i assume the following is stated, your role, how long you have been with company, gross annual salary, the time period which you have been at your current level of pay/required level of pay etc

Other than that you have included everything and more from what my wife and I included, wish we had a list like this to take a glimpse at when we were figuring it all out!

Best of luck

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 28, 2013 10:04 pm

Melhan wrote:Thank you to everyone for their comments.

Regarding the Sponsorship Undertaking Declaration form (SU07/12), we thought that this was only required if Part 4 of VAF4A Appendix 2 had to be completed (Part 4 – Maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement). However, now we are thinking of including it just in case.

batleykhan – if form SU07/12 is not the correct Sponsorship Declaration form for the spouse visa, please could you advise which is the correct form and where it might be found? Thanks very much
PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of one that is used for spouse visa

menwall

Post by menwall » Wed May 29, 2013 5:33 pm

I have never heard of such equivalent form for a spouse visa. What then is the form number/code or can you provide a link to the form or information about the form from the UKBA website? (I don't want to give out my private e-mail address).

Thanks.

Melhan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Melhan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 pm

ijamesf – thank you for your encouraging comments :) We have included a letter from my employer confirming my employment, my position, my salary and length of time with the company.

Fingers crossed everything will be okay!

Thank you batleykhan for sending the template for a letter of sponsorship. We have already written a similar letter to include with our application however it was nice to see that our letter was a good match with yours.

menwall – the sponsorship declaration that batleykhan refers to is not an official form from the UKBA website but rather a written letter from the sponsor explaining how he/she meets all the requirements for supporting the applicant’s visa application.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:49 am

menwall wrote:I have never heard of such equivalent form for a spouse visa. What then is the form number/code or can you provide a link to the form or information about the form from the UKBA website? (I don't want to give out my private e-mail address).

Thanks.
As a forum Moderator, batleykhan already has access to all members' email addresses...but I suspect is simply asking the OP's permission to use it in order to assist him via a Private Message. :?

aajam
Newly Registered

Post by aajam » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 am

melhan can you plz help to email template for a letter of sponsorship (by sponsor) thank you
my e mail add =

Moderator Edit. I've removed your email address to protect you from spam. I suggest you PM Melhan with your request.

tomm28
Newly Registered

Re: List of supporting documents for spouse visa

Post by tomm28 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread. Although I don't think it will do much harm as the list of evidence provided in the first post would be very useful for many applicants.

My wife is on the verge of submitting her visa application and I am about to write a letter of support as her sponsor.I see batleykhan has been helpful in sending a template to people in the past. I can't seem to figure out how to PM him. batleykhan if you see this message could you please PM or email me?

Thanks,
Tom

tomm28
Newly Registered

Post by tomm28 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:14 am

Melhan, thanks for your PM. Unfortunately as a new member apparently I cannot access the PM feature so I have no idea what you have sent me. I guess there is a minimum number of posts or something - quite frustrating. Maybe a moderator could explain?

KevinNejat
Newly Registered

Post by KevinNejat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:32 am

Hi everyone
Could some one please send me template for a letter of sponsorship (by sponsor) thank you

distressed wife
Newly Registered

Post by distressed wife » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:41 pm

tomm28 wrote:Melhan, thanks for your PM. Unfortunately as a new member apparently I cannot access the PM feature so I have no idea what you have sent me. I guess there is a minimum number of posts or something - quite frustrating. Maybe a moderator could explain?
Hi tom, I was wondering if you received a template for a letter of sponsorship, and whether you could send this along to me? i would be very grateful.

thanks

singhsaab
Newly Registered

Post by singhsaab » Tue May 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Melhan,

Your list was very helpful, got spouse visa for my wife. Many thanks for making the effort to put your list online.

Thanks!

UD

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Post by Jon3101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Hello,

I would also be appreciative if someone could point me in the direction of a spouse template I could use that includes a declaration.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Jon3101 wrote:Hello,

I would also be appreciative if someone could point me in the direction of a spouse template I could use that includes a declaration.

Many thanks.
Please refrain from digging up topics that are more than 4 years old. There is no 'template' letter for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.