ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa - which appendix to complete and form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arbaz33
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa - which appendix to complete and form

Post by arbaz33 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:04 am

Hi All,

I have been presented with the following note when I have selected visa type as Settlement - Settlement- Wife

'After you have completed the online form, you must complete the relevant appendix, which can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ther-visas. Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07). If you are applying for settlement as the parent, grandparent or other dependant relative of someone in the UK, your sponsor needs to complete and sign the Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07), which can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf. By signing this form, your sponsor confirms that they will be responsible for your maintenance and accommodation in the UK. You should include this completed form when you make your settlement application.'

I have browsed the mentioned web address http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ther-visas and unable to find which appendix I have to complete along with the visa application.

Further, I also would like to know which other forms along with the online application form I have to fill and submit with my application.

Please help so that I can fill and submit my application and it will be successfull

Thanks

SoHopeful

Re: Settlement Visa - which appendix to complete and form

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:04 am

You need to complete appendix 2 by hand.

tomm28
Newly Registered

Post by tomm28 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 am

It is my understanding from hours of trawling through information on the gov.uk website, (and formerly the UKBA website), that the Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07) is only relevant in the case of adult dependent relatives. The term "adult dependent relatives" is defined elsewhere in the rules, but in short it is intended for elderly or otherwise disabled relatives who require care.

As far as Appendices go, I was under the impression from the gov.uk website that Appendix 2 (which relates to people who must satisfy the financial requirement) must be completed and submitted along with the rest of the application. However, my wife contacted the VFS centre in her country of application (before the Home Office farmed this service out to Hinduja Global Solutions). The VFS centre told her that it is no longer necessary to complete and submit Appendix 2 with the application. They advised her to complete and submit VAF 4A Annex (ELT) which related to the English Language Requirement, and that the Financial Requirement would be assessed separately on the basis of the evidence provided, without reference to a completed copy of Appendix 2.

At this stage I have read so much conflicting information that I am very uncertain of the real requirements. I am also very unhappy with service received from HGS in recent days. They summarily ignore the content of any query, and send a link to the gov.uk website. Twice they have done this to us and both times they have sent us to the wrong page on the website!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Until UKBA say otherwise complete appendix 2.
VFS collect documents, they don't issue visas so they shouldn't even be advising you!

tomm28
Newly Registered

Post by tomm28 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks SoHopeful. For my wife's visa application we are completing Appendix 2 just to be safe of course. Doesn't hurt to complete the form anyway. I've also completed the sponsorship undertaking form, even though it is only supposed to be for Adult Dependent relatives.

As far as I understand things though, the UKBA no longer exists. Hasn't it been absorbed into the Home Office now?

VFS seemed to be the only people who could advise on the specifics of the online application process though? Now that HGS are handling all the queries all we get is a cursory link to a page on the gov.uk website. Both times we have contacted HGS this has been the case, and both times the page they sent us to has been completely irrelevant to our application.

If the information we were after was on the website we wouldn't have emailed them to ask, and the least they could do is send us links to the correct pages for our category of visa! Very frustrating. :evil:

arbaz33
Newly Registered

Post by arbaz33 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi

I have browsed the mentioned linked and unable to find appendix 2 form

Can you please help me identifying appendix 2 form

Thanks

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 pm