ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M)/Spouse Visa approved - now what?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kbcs6dpm
Newly Registered

FLR(M)/Spouse Visa approved - now what?

Post by kbcs6dpm » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:26 am

Hi all,

My wife recently had her application for a spouse visa via the form FLR(M) approved. :D

The letter we received said that in two and a half year's time she would have to re-apply and then in five years she could apply for indefinite leave to remain.

So my question (getting in early!) is do we use the same form (FLR[M]) in two and a half years? Does that mean we have to gather all the same evidence all over again?!

And what form is required for indefinite leave in five year's time?

After five years, we will probably try and get her a British passport. More paperwork?! :roll:

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: FLR(M)/Spouse Visa approved - now what?

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:37 am

Form FLR(M) should be used for the next extension and all documents will have to be submitted again. ILR is applied for on form SET(M). A pass in The Life in the UK test and B1 Level English will be required for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.