ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on residence permit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

philwafc

Travelling on residence permit

Post by philwafc » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 am

Hello

My wife's current residence permit will expire 22 July 2015 and we were wondering does she need to have a certain amount of time left on it to be able to travel outside of the country (UK)

We are taking a holiday in Portugal in February and to apply for the Schengan Visa she needed to have 3 months left on her visa. I ask because we intend to go to her country (Ethiopia) in April for 4-6 weeks meaning upon return to the UK she will only have 2 months left on her visa.
Of course travelling to her home country where no visa is required for her is different to traveling to Portugal but I was just thinking if the UK have a rule where you have to have a certain amount of time on your residence permit to be able to return.

Many thanks.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling on residence permit

Post by physicskate » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:12 am

philwafc wrote:Hello

does she need to have a certain amount of time left on it to be able to travel outside of the country (UK)

We are taking a holiday in Portugal in February and to apply for the Schengan Visa she needed to have 3 months left on her visa. I ask because we intend to go to her country (Ethiopia) in April for 4-6 weeks meaning upon return to the UK she will only have 2 months left on her visa.
Of course travelling to her home country where no visa is required for her is different to traveling to Portugal but I was just thinking if the UK have a rule where you have to have a certain amount of time on your residence permit to be able to return.

Many thanks.
Should be fine. You can enter the UK while it has validity.

philwafc

Re: Travelling on residence permit

Post by philwafc » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Ok. Cheers.