ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Friend died in UK, how to get parents attend his funeral

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Friend died in UK, how to get parents attend his funeral

Post by gainvidya » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Hello

My friend who was battling for his life for 6 week in the hospital died yerterday. He was on from India on Asylum from last 11 year and his case was still in progress. His dead body in still in London hospital which they would release by this Wed. I am trying to find out if it is possible to get his parents to see his sons face one last time after 11 years....

The deceased has a sister (yet a indian citizen) and his brother in law who is a EU citizen. I was thinking is he can sponsor this visit. Is there are template letter? Do I need it to be sealed by a solicitor?

Sorry but I just don't know what to do and its urgent. I just want to help them in this last moments....

Casa

Re: Friend died in UK, how to get parents attend his funeral

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:11 pm

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. In order for a visitor visa application to be successful the parents would have to show strong ties to their home country. This link explaining a similar situation may help:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/rejecti ... -analysis/

It may help to enlist the support of his MP, especially as time is limited.

Is there no way friends and community could raise the funds to return his body to be buried in his home country?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Community are funding his funeral/burial cost. No chance sending his body back to India.
We are still sending a sponsor letter and hope it works. If not, then we'll accept it as destiny.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:57 pm

gainvidya wrote:Community are funding his funeral/burial cost. No chance sending his body back to India.
We are still sending a sponsor letter and hope it works. If not, then we'll accept it as destiny.
Sorry to hear the loss.

Would the Indian embassy help repatriating the body back home? Have you checked if there was any insurance cover the deceased may had had which might cover body repatriation?