ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - New Delhi

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

himanshugtm
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa - New Delhi

Post by himanshugtm » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 am

Hello,

We have recently on 02April 2015 applied for a spouse visa in New Delhi Centre.

Has anyone applied there recently and do you mind sharing your experience and timelines?

Thanks
Himanshu Gautam :)

simran2015
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa - New Delhi

Post by simran2015 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:25 am

Hi

I applied for my husbands spouse visa in VFS Jalandhar on 23rd March 2015 (application is processed in Delhi). I still have not had any updates :?

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Post by A Helping Hand » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi,

Not sure what is the status of your visa. I applied for my wife in Delhi and she got the visa in just under 4 weeks. The best thing was they didn't call her for interview.

I know my supporting documents were really strong but wasn't expecting that they wouldn't call my wife for face to face interview specially when it's her first time for any visa.

have you received the acknowledgement from VFS? Once your documents reaches High Commission this is where the visa time starts... so hopefully you will be hearing from them soon. :D :)

simran2015
Newly Registered

Post by simran2015 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi many thanks for your reply. I received an email with the below...

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been despatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for them to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

So I guess my husband will get a text when it arrives in Jalandhar!!

All this waiting is killing me- I'm not the most patient of people. :(

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Post by A Helping Hand » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:43 pm

When did you receive this letter?

this is the confirmation of work done.. so hopefully you will be hearing a good news soon. :) :D

simran2015
Newly Registered

Post by simran2015 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:56 pm

I received the email around 2pm today. I had emailed ukba earlier requesting an update.

Soo hopefully he can collect his pp Tom. And we will know if we got lucky or have a long road ahead!

simran2015
Newly Registered

Post by simran2015 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 am

Morning everyone

My husband went to the vfs office in JAL this morning and got his visa!! :D

Any questions pls ask!

A few points to note...

We had a 'decision made' email on Friday. In this email we were given a reference number. The reference number quoted on this email also appears on my husbands visa. Prior to this I had emailed vfs to ask for an update. I received a reply which differed to my previous emails for an application update- in the final one it didn't state I should 'make any travel & accommodation' arrangements. In this email it didn't have this disclaimer.

If anyone else have any questions please ask I will try my best to help, as I know how anxious it can be waiting for a decision to be made. It took 27 working days to process the whole application.

A little back ground to our personal circumstances. My husband has visited and worked in the UK over the last 8 years and has travelled too a few countries. so he had a very good travel history. I fulfilled the sponsor requirements by earning above the £18,600 per year, and I also own my own property.

I filled all the application out myself and put together a bundle whilst I was in India...as long as you are comfortable doing this the guidelines and advise on forums like this one are very helpful!

Good luck guys...I can enjoy the rest on the beautiful weather this bank holiday 8)

bling-uk

Post by bling-uk » Mon May 04, 2015 9:35 pm

simran2015 wrote:Morning everyone

My husband went to the vfs office in JAL this morning and got his visa!! :D

Any questions pls ask!

A few points to note...

We had a 'decision made' email on Friday. In this email we were given a reference number. The reference number quoted on this email also appears on my husbands visa. Prior to this I had emailed vfs to ask for an update. I received a reply which differed to my previous emails for an application update- in the final one it didn't state I should 'make any travel & accommodation' arrangements. In this email it didn't have this disclaimer.

If anyone else have any questions please ask I will try my best to help, as I know how anxious it can be waiting for a decision to be made. It took 27 working days to process the whole application.

A little back ground to our personal circumstances. My husband has visited and worked in the UK over the last 8 years and has travelled too a few countries. so he had a very good travel history. I fulfilled the sponsor requirements by earning above the £18,600 per year, and I also own my own property.

I filled all the application out myself and put together a bundle whilst I was in India...as long as you are comfortable doing this the guidelines and advise on forums like this one are very helpful!

Good luck guys...I can enjoy the rest on the beautiful weather this bank holiday 8)

congratulations simran2015