ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR(LR) yesterday, Help for Dependants Application Links

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Got ILR(LR) yesterday, Help for Dependants Application Links

Post by HassanAli » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Dear Forum Members, I am relatively a silent observer of this forum and been getting help whenever i requested for, today i want to share my good news and require a bit information as well.
I got my ILR (LR) via premium service at PEO Croydon last week.
My wife is my dependent along with my child who is 18 months old and still got their dependant visas granted as my tier 1 Ent dependent. As i am a settled person in UK now so need to switch their respective visas as per my dependants as well. Can any one please

(1) Point me to the right application forms for them to fill out and
(2) Is there a premium service for their visas as well ? if yes, can i get the link/info etc

I am still in very early stages of their application preparation so need a bit of help here, Your help as always is greatly admired.
Many Thanks. Hassan

geriatrix

Re: Got ILR(LR) yesterday, Help for Dependants Application L

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Pen down your dependants' immigration history in the UK .. with dates.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am

sushdmehta wrote:Pen down your dependants' immigration history in the UK .. with dates.
Dear Sushdmehta, thanks for the reply. My wife came as my dependent in UK February 2012 (i was holding PSW visa that time) and got her visa switched to my dependent again when i got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in April 2014. Ever since she got the same visa till date.
Hence she is here for around 3 years and 6 months. Its a pity that her clock for ILR will get RESET when i apply her visa for dependent of a settled person now (this is the information i got from this forum and couple of other sources, correct me if i am wrong) :cry:
My baby born here in 2013 and is 18 month old. I suppose i have to apply for her naturalization now through some appropriate application form.
Kindly help me with the links on the forum/UKBA website as i am sure some one must have gone through the situation/scenario i am currently in :)
Many thanks and stay Blessed.

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:31 pm

HassanAli wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Pen down your dependants' immigration history in the UK .. with dates.
Dear Sushdmehta, thanks for the reply. My wife came as my dependent in UK February 2012 (i was holding PSW visa that time) and got her visa switched to my dependent again when i got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in April 2014. Ever since she got the same visa till date.
Hence she is here for around 3 years and 6 months. Its a pity that her clock for ILR will get RESET when i apply her visa for dependent of a settled person now (this is the information i got from this forum and couple of other sources, correct me if i am wrong) :cry:
My baby born here in 2013 and is 18 month old. I suppose i have to apply for her naturalization now through some appropriate application form.
Kindly help me with the links on the forum/UKBA website as i am sure some one must have gone through the situation/scenario i am currently in :)
Many thanks and stay Blessed.
Dear Sushdmehta, one more thing to add on. Luckily i got through home office via their 0300 number and spoke to the advisor there. It was regarding resetting my wife's ILR clock if i switch her visa now. As i mentioned she came in UK february 2012 and at the moment she got my old tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent visa which expires april 2017. She will be finishing her 5 years as of dependent in February 2017. The guy on the other end of the phone (Home office advisor) told me that as i have got my ILR now
1) She can stay on her old visa AND
2) She can apply for ILR in February 2017 as soon as she completes her 5 year dependence because her old visa is still valid
So i am a bit confused as i was told on this forum (by one of the moderators) that she cant stay on my old dependent visa (iter 1 ent) as soon as i get my ILR and she needs to switch to the dependent of a settled person when i get my ILR
Please help on the matter as you can see its a bit foggy situation and i need some solid advise regarding the issue.
Regards. Hassan

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:28 pm

HO helpline may be unreliable.

UK born baby entitled to register.

Partner should switch to FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:08 pm

vinny wrote:HO helpline may be unreliable.

UK born baby entitled to register.

Partner should switch to FLR(M).
Hi Vinny, you are as helpful as always ! thanks a lot for the useful info. Stay Blessed :)

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Time Limit to apply for Dependent's FLR(M) after my ILR ???

Post by HassanAli » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:14 am

Dear Forum Members and Moderators, I received my ILR through SET(LR) about a ten days ago. I was on tier1 Ent visa before my Current ILR and so was my wife as my dependent.
Now through some research and by vaulable advise of moderators (Vinny and CR001) i am able to figure out that my wife needs to switch to FLR (M) and cant stay on her previous visa as i got my ILR through 10 year long residency. Can i ask " What is the time limit after receiving my IlR to apply for my wife's Flr(M) application ? Is it 28 days or 2 month or anything else ???"
Please advise and point my to any LINK for the info on Home office/UK Gov website. Many Thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:20 pm

There is no time limit. I will advise you do it immediately when you meet the sponsorship requirements.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors