ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for wife - queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sy2012

Settlement visa for wife - queries

Post by sy2012 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Hello forum members,

My wife came to UK on a visitor visa in Dec-2015 (as we had recently got married and settlement visa takes time so we thought it best for her to join as visitor). She went back to India in Jan-2016 and we are now applying for her settlement visa. I have the following queries:

1. While she was here I added her name in the council tax. Should I remove her name from the council tax bill and then submit the new council tax bill only in my name or is it good to have her name in the council tax bill. When I spoke to my local council they said if she is coming back then its best to leave her name in the bill.

2. We opened a joint bank account while she was here with me as the primary holder and she as secondary. Is it good to submit the bank account opening letter addressed to both of us to provide proof that we have shared financial interests?

3. She is currently doing a PhD from India university and her university has provided the letter that they do not have any problem in her settling in the UK and she can continue her studies while being in the UK. Is this letter sufficient or do we need to provide anything further?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best Regards,
sy2012

sy2012

Re: Settlement visa for wife - queries

Post by sy2012 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Forgot to mention I have ILR visa.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:29 am

sy2012 wrote:Hello forum members,

My wife came to UK on a visitor visa in Dec-2015 (as we had recently got married and settlement visa takes time so we thought it best for her to join as visitor). She went back to India in Jan-2016 and we are now applying for her settlement visa. I have the following queries:

1. While she was here I added her name in the council tax. Should I remove her name from the council tax bill and then submit the new council tax bill only in my name or is it good to have her name in the council tax bill. When I spoke to my local council they said if she is coming back then its best to leave her name in the bill.

Yes & No.... it would not affect her visa application at all

2. We opened a joint bank account while she was here with me as the primary holder and she as secondary. Is it good to submit the bank account opening letter addressed to both of us to provide proof that we have shared financial interests?

Again does not really matter....the important thing to show is 6 month bank statements showing your salary coming in which equates to the £18600 requirement

3. She is currently doing a PhD from India university and her university has provided the letter that they do not have any problem in her settling in the UK and she can continue her studies while being in the UK. Is this letter sufficient or do we need to provide anything further?

Providing such documents in my opinion are irrelevant because she is coming to settle in UK, and they are not interested in whether she completes her PHd in India or the UK

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best Regards,
sy2012

sy2012

Post by sy2012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks for your response batleykhan. The point 3 for letter from university for NOC is mentioned as its one of the requirement if you are associated with an institute as a student.

------------
Evidence of your current employment
or studies
This could include:
 a letter from your employer on company headed paper – detailing your
salary and the length of your employment, confirming that you have been given
time off work, and stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid
 a letter from your education provider on headed paper – confirming your
enrolment and leave of absence

 business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and
the date when the business started trading
---------------

from link - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

I have an additional query as well. I have been with the current employer since Oct 2015 and the application is made in Feb 2016 which makes it 5 months. I have salary slips and bank statements for that. Before joining this job I had a limited company (which is in the process of closing down but I am not withdrawing salary or dividend since Oct 2015 after joining the new job). Do I need to provide 12 months statements, salary slips, dividend vouchers and CT600 for the limited company upto Oct 2015 or is this overkill. I have gone through the requirement in paragraph 2 of appendix SE but couldn't make out which part will apply in my situation.

Thanks again

sy2012

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:08 pm

the document link you have provided is from 2012. She does not need a letter but if you really want to submit, then do so, it is irrelevant as she is moving to the UK.

You risk refusal if you do not provide 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements to show that you meet the financial requirement, if relying on salaried employment only and Appendix FM.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sy2012

Post by sy2012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Thank-you for responding CR001 however since my current employment is only 5 months old I do not have 6 months payslip and bank statements. So, I'm providing the details of my limited company for the period before that. Do you think this is Ok?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Why don't you wait 1 month to get 6 payslips etc. Why do you want to complicate things with Appendix FM and Appendix SE?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sy2012

Post by sy2012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:25 pm

You're probably right. I'll think about this in a bit more detail. However, in case we do decide to wait another month do you know if the application date is when documents are submitted at VFS center or when we submitted the application online (in which case I'll have to go through the painful process of cancelling this application and waiting for a long time for refund) or I can just delay the appointment on this application until next month?