ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to divorce spouse from Pakistan, in uk?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HiEveryone
Newly Registered

How to divorce spouse from Pakistan, in uk?

Post by HiEveryone » Sat May 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know what advice was given?

I'm in the same situation: married in 2007, husband came to the UK to stay, but was called back by family after 3 weeks. Refused to return, so having been separated for 7 years now, I'm filing for a divorce.

However, do i apply just for a islamic divorce, or do i apply for a UK divorce too (given that he came to the UK, although we didnt officially register our marriage here)?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to divorce spouse from Pakistan, in uk?

Post by CR001 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:30 pm

do i apply for a UK divorce
This one as you are resident/domiciled in the UK. As you have been separated for so long, you don't need your spouse to sign or agree to divorce.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 15, 2016 11:18 am

If yo are going to get remarried to someone in UK, then only Islamic nikkah will suffice and tehre is no need for a UK divorce because the Islamic nikkah is not recognised a valid marriage in UK, but is for visa purposes only.

However if you intend to remarry someone from abroad, then a UK as well as Islamic divorce will be required as you will have to produce your Decree Absolute for visa purpose.

HiEveryone
Newly Registered

Post by HiEveryone » Sun May 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Thanks to those that have replied.

Will probably go for UK+islamic divorce as even if and when i do get remarried, i'll need to register it here in the UK. Will probably get advice from a solicitor, but thanks for giving it to me too.

Luckybird

Post by Luckybird » Sun May 15, 2016 1:36 pm

HiEveryone wrote:Thanks to those that have replied.

Will probably go for UK+islamic divorce as even if and when i do get remarried, i'll need to register it here in the UK. Will probably get advice from a solicitor, but thanks for giving it to me too.
Talking from experience you do not have to file for a UK divorce and just apply for the islamic divorce preferably through the Birmingham central mosque or it's branches in another city ( as they create less hurdles than others in issueing you the khulla).

Upon receiving your islamic divorce certificate you can present this to the union council in your area back home in person or via a relative, the union council will then issue you a divorce certificate and register this with nadra too.

The union council divorce certificate is accepted for any future spouse visa and recognised here in the UK too.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:29 pm

@Luckybird: Sorry I don't agree with the last post. She required an Islamic divorce from UK as well as divorce from UK courts. Considering the fact she is domiciled in the UK so her Union Council divorce may not be valid and can cause issues for future visa applications if she remarry someone from Pakistan.