ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of relationship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

woolies

Proof of relationship

Post by woolies » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:19 am

Hello Members,

I hope you all well, I got a quick question in regards to spouse visa extension, My wife spouse visa is expiring next year in April and we already started to work on this in term of what documents do we need.

I was looking at the application form when i found out that we will need to show proof of address as we are living together, they ask six items on joint name or 12 individual, but the problem we have is that we are living on rented property which includes all bills and council tax, i have mentioned this to my landlord but unfortunately he refused to help in this matter but my tenancy agreement stated that all bills and council tax included in rent.

Now what options I have at this stage, either I look for another property which no way will be easy for us, or can I submit that tenancy agreement and it will be accepted ?

has anyone come across this situation before then please help me on this.

Kind regards

secret.simon

Re: Proof of relationship

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:16 am

Bank or credit card statements should count as well, as would other government correspondence (letters from the DVLA, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:21 am

GP registration, medical letters, TV licence...in actual fact, not all proof of joint address has to be official documents. Any correspondence showing name/names and address will be accepted. To avoid any significant gaps, you should ideally submit one proof of address date every 4-5 months or so.
You can also submit a letter explaining that all bills are included in your rent payments.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

woolies

Post by woolies » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks for all your replies,

What about if I ask my landlord to write me a letter confirming that all bills are included and attach this letter with my contract, will this be acceptable ? also I will try to attach all other proof i can.

THanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Submit a letter from your landlord together with whatever proof of joint address you are able to provide.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.