ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which visa type to apply for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsyasin

Which visa type to apply for spouse

Post by hsyasin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi all,
Don't really know where to post this, so if post is in the wrong place, seniors more than welcome to move it.
The thing is, my sister is british national doing her PhD in Pakistan and living with her Pakistani national husband. Now my sister is here in summer break and she is planning to come/settle here but for the time being wants to invite her husband here even temporarily so he can come and visit and see what he needs to do to bring his business here and settle here premanently.
But we're really confused as to what sort of visa to apply for him so it doesn't get rejected?
I know that the requirement for british nationals to bring spouses here is to be in job paying above £20k per anum, but she doesn't have a job yet?

Casa

Re: Which visa type to apply for spouse

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:49 pm

He can apply for a visitor visa, but a successful outcome will be reliant on submitting evidence of strong ties to Pakistan in order to convince the ECO he won't overstay.

He will be unable to switch to any other category of visa from within the UK while here as a visitor.

In order to be granted a Spouse Settlement visa your sister as her husband's sponsor will have to show 6 months of earnings @ £18,600 per annum pro rata or have £62,500 in savings held in an accessible account for 6 months.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:51 am

@Casa, thanks a lot for that, nice piece of information...

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Casa wrote:He can apply for a visitor visa, but a successful outcome will be reliant on submitting evidence of strong ties to Pakistan in order to convince the ECO he won't overstay.

He will be unable to switch to any other category of visa from within the UK while here as a visitor.

In order to be granted a Spouse Settlement visa your sister as her husband's sponsor will have to show 6 months of earnings @ £18,600 per annum pro rata or have £62,500 in savings held in an accessible account for 6 months.
Hi Casa and all,
Just need another quick infor regarding this, when my sister gets a job for 18k per anum, how much savings does she need to show or how much balance she needs to maintain inorder to apply a spouse settlement?

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:12 pm

She would need to be earning £18, 600 per year for a couple. No savings would be necessary if she meets this threshold. Pay slips and corresponding bank statements for 6 months would be needed for the spouse visa application.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.