ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension (5yr route) .. Plz help.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Musa

Spouse visa extension (5yr route) .. Plz help.

Post by Musa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:47 am

Hello everyone. I need some help plz with the following questions for my wife visa extension as I need to start planning from now. I searched the forum but still bit confused.

1. As we are expecting a child but we will not require the visa for that child. should be just registration as I am British. So which financial requirements we have to meet, £18600 or £22400 ?

2. How long before we can apply for spouse visa extension in UK.
Visa stamped from Pakistan: 25 March 2015
Travel Date: 06 May 2015
Visa expiry: 25 Dec 2017

3. My wife did IELTS for her first successful visa application from Pakistan dated 10 July 2014. I think IELTS expiry is 2 yrs. Does she need to pass another English test or we can use the old one for extension and ILR stages ?

Many Thanks for Help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension (5yr route) .. Plz help.

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:18 am

1. Assuming you have ILR or are BC, if the child is born in the UK, the child will be automatically British, no 'registration' required. Financial requirement is £18,600pa for FLR(M) for wife only.

2. Ideally within 28 days before visa expiry, ie 3rd/4th week of November 2017.

3. From October 2016, for FLR(M) spouse visa she will need A2 English. For ILR, as the rules stand now, she will require B1 English and LIUK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Musa

Post by Musa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks Alot for quick reply CR001.

1. Yes, I have BC. But FLR (M) Form "Section 4" says :

"As well as children who are applying as your dependants you should also include details of all dependent children including those who are British citizens or settled in the UK"
Gives the impressions that although I don't need visa for child but still British child is financially dependent on me ?? should I fill our child details and tick £18600 requirements for spouse??

2. Fully understand this one.. Thanks.

3. Scores for her IELTS (Listening 5.0), (Reading 5.5), (Writing 4.5), (Speaking 4.5) = Overall band: 5.0
Question is: Can we use this one or it will be expired by the time of extension and she have to sit for another test ??
Do they consider IELTS 2yrs expiry just for entry clearance or for extension in the UK as well.

Kind Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:38 pm

1. You need to list the child but not as a dependent APPLICANT. You only need £18,600pa as British children are NOT included in the financial requirement calculation.

3. I am not familiar with the scoring as completed my journey without needing to meet the English requirement. She needed A1 for her initial spouse entry clearance application BUT will need A2 for applications made AFTER 1st October 2016.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Musa

Post by Musa » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Thanks Dear CR001

That was really helpful.

Still need the answer of 3rd question.. She did pass at B1 level but i need to know that IELTS certificate expires in 2 yrs time or can we still use that ?... Or we need fresh English test ?

Do you advice i should put this question under new heading so anyone else can help me with same situation.

Regards.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:10 pm

Musa wrote:Thanks Dear CR001

That was really helpful.

Still need the answer of 3rd question.. She did pass at B1 level but i need to know that IELTS certificate expires in 2 yrs time or can we still use that ?... Or we need fresh English test ?

Do you advice i should put this question under new heading so anyone else can help me with same situation.

Regards.
she would need to pass new English test called SELT at level A2 for her visa extension (FLRM)
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Musa

Post by Musa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks Dear ilrupdates.

Really helpful.

elmundo
Newly Registered

Post by elmundo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:28 am

CR001 wrote:1. You need to list the child but not as a dependent APPLICANT. You only need £18,600pa as British children are NOT included in the financial requirement calculation.
Thanks for the informative replies!

Do you happen to know where to find this clarification that an under-18 British National child should not be included as a dependent applicant?

It is common sense that British citizens should not be applying to remain in the UK but it would still be good to attach a print out confirming that British children must not be included in the financial calculations.

Does anyone happen to know where it is indicated, i.e. caseworker instructions/guidance notes?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:25 am

Section 4, Page 15 of the FLR(M) form seems to state it quite clearly :shock:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-16.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elmundo
Newly Registered

Post by elmundo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:Section 4, Page 15 of the FLR(M) form seems to state it quite clearly :shock:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-16.pdf
:) thanks!

Do you happen to know the earliest that it is permitted to apply for the extension? I.e can it be more than 28 days in advance of the expiry date if you have all required evidences?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:41 pm

If you apply earlier than 28 days before expiry you risk a shortfall in the qualifying 5 year period. This would require an additional FLR(M) extension to bridge the gap.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

emzdarlington
Newly Registered

Post by emzdarlington » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:21 pm

thank for the question and great replies. really helped me.
and about the language test, ur wife will need to take a new test just started called (a2), this test sopose to be active from October 2016, but i don't think its confirmed

Musa

Plz help ... Financial Requirements

Post by Musa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello everyone.

Do Home office accept paid holidays (normal 28 days a year) and bank holidays double time money to fulfill £18600 financial requirements to extend spouse visa inside UK ?

Can anyone plz help me with above question, i am really confuse.

Kind Regards.

Smad890

Re: Plz help ... Financial Requirements

Post by Smad890 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:06 pm

First of all it depends if you are on salaried or non salaries employment. If non salaried then double pay can be counted in if salaried then they will take least monthly pay in the 6 month.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm

HO don't care about your paid holidays or bank holidays double wages rather they will only want to see that whether you meet the income threshold of £18600 via salaried/non salaried employment under category A/B. Usually 6 months of pay slips and 6 months of bank statements are needed and both need to correspond each other. Additionally an employer letter giving the details of the sponsor's job like title of job, annual wages (if salaried), per hour rate, length of position held etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Musa

Post by Musa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Thanks dear Smad890 and seagul
Really helpful.

Regards.

Musa

FLR (M) Extension help!!!

Post by Musa » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Hello everyone. I need some help plz with following questions for my wife visa extension.

1. Does paternity leave pay counts towards £18600 income ?

2. I receive my wage slips online and not in the post. Should i just print them and attach with the application OR should i verify them prints from my employer ?

Any one plz
Kind Regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:36 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Search for "paternity" and "payslips" in Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Musa

Post by Musa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:51 pm

vinny wrote:Search for "paternity" and "payslips" in Appendix FM-SE.

Thanks Vinny.