ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor documents for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bittu2009
Newly Registered

VAF4: Appendix 2 query

Post by bittu2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Experts,

I am submitting application for my wife to join me in UK. I am British Citizen and have been working as contractor through my limited company. last year, I was director for 2 companies and have drawn dividend from both the companies. I have below queries

1, VAF4 appendix 2, section 3, should I select as employed or self employed?

I am submitting below documents to prove my earning, please confirm if they are enough

1, 12 month payslip
2, Dividend vouchers from both the companies
3, 12 month personal bank statement( maintaining balance of 35000 GBP for last 12 years)
4, 12 months my limited company bank statement
5, Accountants letter confirming earning for last 12 months
6, HMRC personal assessment letters for last 3 years ( each year earning of 40000 GBP)
7, Company CT600 for both the companies for last 2 years, confirming amount of corporation tax paid
8, last years company account statement prepared and signed by accountant

Thanks for your advice

Regards
Bittu

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Re: VAF4: Appendix 2 query

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:31 am

For the purposes of the application I believe you are still classified as self-employed - I put it down as that when I applied last year.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:40 am

Here is the list of financial documents I sent:

Employee letter - I had two letters from my employers indicating they were planning to use my services longterm- they put in number of protracted hours a month and estimated salary for that time. This shows evidence of ongoing employment.

•CT600 - tax return
•Evidence of submission of CT600 - hmrc send you an email which you can use for this .
•Personal and company bank statements for the 12 months . Also include any further statements upto application dates as they want to see proof of existing work so needs to be within 28 days.
•Companies house incorporation documents
•Initial hmrc letter with paye references - I got these stamped by accountant and signed by him.
•Unaudited accounts with certificate of confirmation from accountant
•Current appointments report
•Wage slips - make sure dates correspond to bank statements
•Dividend vouchers
•p60

stler
Newly Registered

Post by stler » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:44 am

I applied for my wife's recently. i'm a british citizen. I got a refusal on financial requirements.

I would advice to fill 'employed'. As self-employed means, you got to register through hmrc and will have different documentation.

I would also recommend these additional documents.
1. Business registration cert
2. Business vat cert (if registered)
3. vat invoices

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm sorry I got slightly confused with your question.

What is the actual question on the form ?

I remember there being a question along the lines of:
'are you self employed at the date of the appl and if you are registered as self employed with HMRC?'

The answer I put for this was no as I was no longer registered as self employed.

I do however recall having to put self employed for something on the form too but I'll have to check it out.

bittu2009
Newly Registered

Post by bittu2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:31 pm

My question was in section 3, it asks for sponsorer finance details.

Since I have been contracting as IT consultant for last 5 years through my limited company. for this should I select as employed or self employed.

I have below proof of earning and bank deposit

1, 12 month payslips
2, dividend voucher from 2 companies, I was director in one company until this June.
3, Accountant letter on letter head confirming my earning
4, HMRC personal assessment letter from HMRC (Original). My earning has been minimum 40000 GBP for each year. I am claiming 85000 GBP for last 12 months
5, 12 months personal bank statement, with minimum balance of 35000 GBP. Currently have about 50000 GBP in current account
6, 12 month Business statement for my company. I am the sole director and this has about 150000 in it.
7, CT600 for last 3 years for each company, showing the corporation tax paid

does all above satify the earning requirement or Do I need to include more documents?

Thanks
Bittu

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Q. 3.49 Was your sponsor self employed on the date of this application?
This would be NO as you are not registered self-employed.

The Q3.58/3.59 (depending if your going category F or G) however only make mention of income from self employment even though yours is technically through your limited company.
I filled my income details here as there was no further options for LTD company anywhere else on the form.

They didn't seem to have any issues with it.

bittu2009
Newly Registered

Post by bittu2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi,

what should be my answer for below

3.11: what is sponsors annual income , should I include dividend or should it be just salaries for each month?

where should I declare dividend if I can declare in above question.

bittu2009
Newly Registered

Sponsor documents for spouse visa

Post by bittu2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi experts,

I am applying for my wife who is in India. Please can some help me with below query

I am sending scanned copy of my UK passport, OCI and all stamped pages on UK Passport. Do I need to get the noterized or certified by solicitor or just normal scanned copy is sufficient.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Regards
Bittu

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Sponsor documents for spouse visa

Post by KatieWills » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Certified copies, the post office can do this for a very small fee.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic (this one as merged the two). It is not necessary for a new topic for each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:55 am

bittu2009 wrote:Hi,

what should be my answer for below

3.11: what is sponsors annual income , should I include dividend or should it be just salaries for each month?

where should I declare dividend if I can declare in above question.
This section is for category A or B applicants. Limited company or self employed have to fill in category F or G as far as I'm aware. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Post by matt_murdoch » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:19 pm

1, VAF4 appendix 2, section 3, should I select as employed or self employed?
You are employed (by your own company)
From what i remember, i put salary + dividends . I put in the value that was in my self assessment.

Apart from what you have posted,i also included:

Certificate of Corporation
VAT certificate (if you are VAT registered)
VAT payment receipts (if you are VAT registered)
Current Appointment Report (gained free from companies House website - used to prove companies are still active)

I also submitted my self assessment (SA300?) and proof from HMRC (SA302?), however i dont think these are vital - but figured better to be safe than sorry!