ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English requirment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

woolies

New English requirment

Post by woolies » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Hello members,

I need to apply my wife spouse vise extension next year in april, I have learned from here that we need new B2 english course but this B2 still not implemented, but i guess for the safe side its better to go for B2 as we still have 6 months left. Someone i know has used UK NARAC for A1 English requirement, If we decide to go for B2 can we use UK NARAC to proof Mrs english proficiency on the base of her Masters degree ? she already has letter confirming that from her university.

Thanks all
Regards

Casa

Re: New English requirment

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:24 pm

FLR(M) - currently A1 level due to be raised to A2 level - no date confirmed but likely to be imminent
ILR - currently B1 level

There is no requirement for B2 level English.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

woolies

Post by woolies » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. I know that their English level will be raised, but we will go with UK NARAC and currently they can verify candidate degree against uk English proficiency which is A1. can they also verify against B2 ?

at this point we are in middle of whether go for A1 or B2, UK NARAC also takes 2-3 months to process.

any ides here please.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:07 pm

There is no requirement for B2.

B1 level is required for ILR.

NARIC ELA https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individu ... sment.aspx
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

woolies

Post by woolies » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks Casa for the help.
what, More requirment for ILR too. its all clear now but lastly please re-confirm we need A1 for spouse visa extension ?

Regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Yes under current rules. Due to be raised to A2 level, but no date confirmed.

Don't forget that the Life in the UK Test is required for ILR in addition to B1 level English
(Casa, not CR001)

woolies

Post by woolies » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks, i really dont know what to do at this point, don't want to stuck at the situation where we went for A1 through UK NARAC and then they change it to B2. lolz

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:10 pm

It's NARIC (as in the link I posted).

Surely your wife's Master's degree is higher than A1 level :idea:

Why not simply take the B1 level test which will also qualify for ILR? The test fee is the same as the NARIC ELA @ £150
(Casa, not CR001)

woolies

Post by woolies » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:38 am

Its a good idea beside she has 6 months to prepare herself, BTW whats the expiry for B1, we still have other half phase to go on spouse visa till ILR ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 am

This link to approved tests/test providers also gives the expiry dates.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)

woolies

Post by woolies » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Hello Guys,

well, we have decided that we are going for english test. Any update on english test level being raised to A2 yet ? I found link below which shows that from may 2017 it will be raised:

http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3600

If this true then we need A1 only.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

woolies

Post by woolies » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, we should be ok as applying before may 2017, btw can we apply 30 days before mrs visa runs out ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Depending on when she entered the UK after getting her visa, you should apply at the 2.5 year mark, this is to avoid having a shortfall further down the line for ILR (assuming you are applying for extension in person).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

woolies

Post by woolies » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:09 pm

Yes we are planning in person application. and she entered a month after obtaining her visa ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 pm

So likely she had a 33 month visa, then fine to apply 30 days in advance of current visa expiring.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

woolies

Post by woolies » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:15 pm

you are right, she had her visa stamped on 3/7/14, came here on 25/7/14 now its expiring on 3/4/17.

means 2 and half years starts from 25/7/14 ?

Thanks

woolies

Post by woolies » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi guys,

just spoke to Home office and they told me that we can use old english (A1 test) for our extension, even though it's expired now.

Any idea how accurate is this ?

Regards

woolies

Post by woolies » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi Guys,

can someone please help me on following:

I have confirmed with home office that we can use old english certification which is old toeic certificate even though this expired with spouse renewal, but when i was filling up FLR(M) form but on section 8.3 there is no option to enter details in, they only have accepted awarding bodies. Can someone please help me out that.

secondly, do i have to send all original documents e.g my british passport, and our son's as well ?

Thanks you all
HB