ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse settlement visa - travelling time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kish123
Newly Registered

Spouse settlement visa - travelling time

Post by kish123 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:06 am

Hi there,

Can one travel as soon as they get spouse settlement visa cleared or they give visa post dated? I am confused because I saw some posts where people have mentioned that they got visa dated a month or few days later to receiving the passport. Could someone please clarify? I am awaiting visa.

vinny

Re: Spouse settlement visa - travelling time

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:00 pm

They are expected to enter the UK within 30 days of the visa's effective date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse settlement visa - travelling time

Post by matt_murdoch » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:47 pm

You have 30 days from the date given on the visa.

However that date varies, and depends on the travel date you provided on the application.

If the travel date provided was around the time of (or before) the visa being granted, it will probably start asap.