ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Extension Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wassap

Spouse visa Extension Questions

Post by wassap » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:51 am

Hi everybody,

I have a question on behalf of a friend. He currently is in the uk on a spouse visa from pakistan, the 33 month visa will expire in 2018, but the pakistani passport is due to expire in april 2017, this will be renewed around that time, but how is the visa managed, do you keep the old passport or does the visa get transferred or is there something else that you have to do???

Thanks for any advice.
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

wassap

FLR after Spouse visa - financial requirement questions!

Post by wassap » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:59 am

Hi everybody,

I have a question on behalf of a friend. He currently is in the uk on a spouse visa from pakistan, the 33 month visa will expire in 2018. The question is about the financial requirements.

Basically the plan is to be earning around 22k and they have a child born in the uk, so is the financial requirement 18.5k or 22.6k? If the chaps salary isnt quite upto the level, then the plan is for the wife to go back to work part time (nurse). Do they need to show earnings for the 6 months leading upto the point of application or longer?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

KatieWills
Wales

Re: FLR after Spouse visa - financial requirement questions!

Post by KatieWills » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:50 am

If the child's mother is British then so is the child so the income requirement is £18,600. The wife's income can be used as well and proof of earnings- wage slips and bank statements-need to be submitted for the 6 months prior to the application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Casa

Re: Spouse visa in a expired passport?

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:30 am

wassap wrote:Hi everybody,

I have a question on behalf of a friend. He currently is in the uk on a spouse visa from pakistan, the 33 month visa will expire in 2018, but the pakistani passport is due to expire in april 2017, this will be renewed around that time, but how is the visa managed, do you keep the old passport or does the visa get transferred or is there something else that you have to do???

Thanks for any advice.
He can travel with the expired passport which has the visa vignette , together with the new one.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chickpea
United States of America

Re: Spouse visa Extension Questions

Post by chickpea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:49 am

wassap wrote:Hi everybody,

Thanks for any advice.
I had this situation and had to apply for - and pay for - a TOC to transfer onto a BRP. I'd been told be more than one border agent that I didn't need to do this but it runs out that employers require it and actually the last time I crossed the border they required it (the BRP). I do note that not all border agents seem to have the same level of knowledge or interpret the rules the same, so I am always a better safe than sorry sort. It might be a bit of a pain, but I suspect better to have a valid BRP than not.

Link for HO site: https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa
The site is very clear you do not have to do the TOC, but that was not true for me. I *had* to. Sadly I could have done it outside the UK for a lower cost too. But do read this page.