ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

solnet2000
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Re: FLR(FP) Application Time

Post by solnet2000 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:50 pm

hello Everyone,
I Lived in the UK 14 years and I have 2 British children and a settled partner. I am in the process of applying FLR FP and I have some but still cant find to official letters and bills to proof cohabitation as a partner as I am failed asylum seeker, I don't have bills to pay or bank statements. the only thing have is a letter NHS and my kids school. I also have some non official correspondence. I am planning explain my situation with cover letter...... Do you guys from experience think I have a chance. Or is there a way around this.....pls pls let me know as I am thinking my head off about it.

thanks

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:23 am

solnet2000 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:50 pm
hello Everyone,
I Lived in the UK 14 years and I have 2 British children and a settled partner. I am in the process of applying FLR FP and I have some but still cant find to official letters and bills to proof cohabitation as a partner as I am failed asylum seeker, I don't have bills to pay or bank statements. the only thing have is a letter NHS and my kids school. I also have some non official correspondence. I am planning explain my situation with cover letter...... Do you guys from experience think I have a chance. Or is there a way around this.....pls pls let me know as I am thinking my head off about it.

thanks
If you have British children then you don’t need to worry about any thing the nhs and school letters is more than enough and also explain nicely in your covering letter that’s all.but what you were doing before why you didn’t apply before ?

Sami44
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Sami44 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:57 am

I just applied for flr fp extention 10 year parent route. Any idea whats the time they are taking. I applied online biometric done last week. Do they normaly send any letter or email ?

paknet
Pakistan

Post by paknet » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi,
Can someone help me, I have applied for FLR FP and my Passport is with Home Office and is expired.My Biometric appointment with HP is coming this week.I don't have passport.What might happen on that day?Will they take my biometrics without Passport or any ID?

hayats
Newly Registered

Post by hayats » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 am

solnet2000 wrote:
hello Everyone,

thanks
Hi, your case is similar to mine, I never worked or had any NI number, bank account .....they asked me to provide evidence to show that my partner and me were living together for the past 2 years. the documents can be on your name or his name or jointas long as it is the same address.

In my case, my name was on the tenancy agreement and to some of the utility bills (as an additional account holder).
A letter from school stating that I'm the one who is responsible to pick and drop the kids plus their school report.
My maternity and hospital letters.
A letter from a friend stating that I lived with my partner for the past 2 years or more if applicable.

the rest was my partner's income, bank statement, his ILR.
The children's birth certificate and British passport.

I applied in October and received my BRP on November 10 years route and no access to public funds.

Boliboli760
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Boliboli760 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:36 am

Hello everyone,

Help needed with FLR(FP) based on 7 years route.
My family and I got our fee waiver last Monday and we filled and submitted our FLR(FP) based on child on 7 years route online. We have booked a date for biometrics and presenting documents for next week.

I need help knowing all documents needed.
1. Parent are overstayed, one has an expired passport and the other has their passport with the home office.
- Will that be a problem?

2. For the 9years old child on which basis we are applying what documents of his needs providing?

3. What other documents will help with the application.

Our 2 kids were born and spent all their lives here.

Osas1
Newly Registered

Post by Osas1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm

I have been a silent reader thought I should share my timeline might help some one as most post have either helped me or give me hope that I'm not alone
Timeline
Overstayer 2 british kid and partner ilr
First flr fp was granted July 2017
Took 9 months for decision to be made
Contacted mp when I didn't here from HO
though I didn't have bank account on my name, some of the bills was on my name to show proof of living together. I register with my name or both names and use my partner acc to set up direct debit.
I was granted 2.5yrs 10yr partner route no recourse to public fund.
Applied for renewal nov 2019 as brp expires jan 2020.
Online applications nov 2019
Book for biometric paid £100 and extra £40 to scan doc
Biometric done a 7/12/19 doc scanned too
Employer sent email regarding brp about to expire
Emailed my ref number as stated by someone here.
No further contact from employer
Brp received: pending been 7 weeks now
Got a missed delivery today fingers cross it's my brp going to the post office Tomorrow
We undate tomorrow.
P.s I'm trying to switch to 5yr route as I fulfil all the requirements hubby earn 32 grand and I passed my English exam. Fingers cross

Osas1
Newly Registered

Post by Osas1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 am

Osas1 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm
I have been a silent reader thought I should share my timeline might help some one as most post have either helped me or give me hope that I'm not alone
Timeline was an
Overstayer before with 2 british kid and partner ilr
First flr fp was granted July 2017
Took 9 months for decision to be made
Contacted mp when I didn't here from HO. As at then I didn't have a bank account on my name, some of the bills was on my name to show proof of living together. I register with my name or both names and use my partner bank details to set up direct debit.
I was granted 2.5yrs 10yr partner route no recourse to public fund.
Applied for renewal 1/12 2019 as brp expires jan 2020. I filled the same flr fp as stated by HO website but I meet all the requirements to switch to 5 yr route.
Online applications nov 2019
Book for biometric paid £100 and extra £40 to scan doc
Biometric done a 7/12/19 doc scanned too
Employer sent email regarding brp about to expire
Emailed my ref number as stated by someone here since I didn't get an acknowledgement letter.
No further contact from employer
Brp received: pending been 7 weeks now
Got a missed delivery today fingers cross it's my brp going to the post office Tomorrow
We undate tomorrow.
P.s I'm trying to switch to 5yr route as I fulfil all the requirements hubby earn 32 grand and I passed my English exam. Fingers cross
UPDATE went to the post office early this morning I was granted 30 months 5yr partner route. Awaiting my brp.
I'm happy to ans any questions relating to my case

kisoda
Newly Registered

Post by kisoda » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Boliboli760 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:36 am
Hello everyone,

Help needed with FLR(FP) based on 7 years route.
My family and I got our fee waiver last Monday and we filled and submitted our FLR(FP) based on child on 7 years route online. We have booked a date for biometrics and presenting documents for next week.

I need help knowing all documents needed.
1. Parent are overstayed, one has an expired passport and the other has their passport with the home office.
- Will that be a problem?

2. For the 9years old child on which basis we are applying what documents of his needs providing?

3. What other documents will help with the application.

Our 2 kids were born and spent all their lives here.
Q1: No problem with the expired passport as long as you will tell them on your cover letter that why you cant provide a valid passport ( i did my application with an expired passport and thank God everything went smooth :D

kisoda
Newly Registered

Post by kisoda » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:24 pm

paknet wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:41 pm
Hi,
Can someone help me, I have applied for FLR FP and my Passport is with Home Office and is expired.My Biometric appointment with HP is coming this week.I don't have passport.What might happen on that day?Will they take my biometrics without Passport or any ID?
They will take your biometrics don't worry.

MalMathan
Newly Registered

Post by MalMathan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi osas1
What type of English exam you passed? It’s A2 exam or B1 speaking and listening exam. I got ten years partner route visa. I would like to change for five years partner route .

Claku251
Newly Registered

Post by Claku251 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:27 am

Hello everyone can someone educate me on this online form flr fp im extending for my 2nd time as partner or private life 10yr route am i suppose to write the english test? My first time i didnt have as it state its for parents on 5yr route. Plz help thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:42 am

This is a timeline not a chit chat corner, please stick to timelines ONLY.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nehag
Newly Registered

Post by Nehag » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi Auk333 what can be the insurmountable obstacles. Can it be like because my husband job falls under shortage of occupation list . His work might be valuable asset here but if he has to go to my country he will not find a job and there will be a language problem, he cannot speak my language. And we are of different religion it will be problem for my family. Can it be regarded as insurmountable obstacle.

solnet2000
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Post by solnet2000 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:52 am

Auk333 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:23 am
solnet2000 wrote:
hello Everyone,

thanks
If you have British children then you don’t need to worry about any thing the nhs and school letters is more than enough and also explain nicely in your covering letter that’s all.but what you were doing before why you didn’t apply before ?
thanks for your reply.
Well, my kids got their citizenship just last month when the mother got her ILR and I was waiting for it for a while :D :D
And I am thinking to go for super priority. do they accept super priority for FLR FP?

solnet2000
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Post by solnet2000 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 am

hayats wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 am
solnet2000 wrote:
hello Everyone,

thanks
Hi, your case is similar to mine, I never worked or had any NI number, bank account .....they asked me to provide evidence to show that my partner and me were living together for the past 2 years. the documents can be on your name or his name or jointas long as it is the same address.

In my case, my name was on the tenancy agreement and to some of the utility bills (as an additional account holder).
A letter from school stating that I'm the one who is responsible to pick and drop the kids plus their school report.
My maternity and hospital letters.
A letter from a friend stating that I lived with my partner for the past 2 years or more if applicable.

the rest was my partner's income, bank statement, his ILR.
The children's birth certificate and British passport.

I applied in October and received my BRP on November 10 years route and no access to public funds.
hi, did Home office contact you to provide more evidences about cohabitation?

Ibid
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibid » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:23 am

Hi Forum,

My FLR FP Application parent of 2 British Kids has now taken 1year and 1 month with no reply. Is there anything I can do at all.. Not sure if contacting MP has historically been effective. I just keep checking the post all day long. It's really worrying.

Eniszo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eniszo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:16 am

Ibid wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:23 am
Hi Forum,

My FLR FP Application parent of 2 British Kids has now taken 1year and 1 month with no reply. Is there anything I can do at all.. Not sure if contacting MP has historically been effective. I just keep checking the post all day long. It's really worrying.
Hi there, we both have same application and my application has been with the home office for 1year 6 months. I can understand your frustration... with prayers we shall get there. Did they say your application was complex ? bcos that's what I was told.

Boliboli760
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Boliboli760 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 pm

Ibid wrote:
Hi Forum,

Contacting your MP is very effective and worth a try.
Send your reference and details to the MP via email . As they have direct contact to the right department at the home office. And call MP if you can.

Eniszo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eniszo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Boliboli760 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 pm
Ibid wrote:
Hi Forum,

Contacting your MP is very effective and worth a try.
Send your reference and details to the MP via email . As they have direct contact to the right department at the home office. And call MP if you can.
I contacted the MP in my case but got a reply that it's still under active consideration and I could withdraw if I wanted. I dnt know why they delay applications .it is worth trying but didnt work onnmy case.

Ibid
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibid » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:34 am

Eniszo wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:16 am
Ibid wrote:
Hi Forum,

Hi there, we both have same application and my application has been with the home office for 1year 6 months. I can understand your frustration... with prayers we shall get there. Did they say your application was complex ? bcos that's what I was told.
Hi Mate... they did not tell me my case was complex. Although I knew that my case was complex but I did not imagine it will take this long but will try the MP as well AND see of it will be effective for me..many Thanks

Eniszo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eniszo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Ibid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:34 am
Eniszo wrote:
Ibid wrote:
Hi Forum,

Hi Mate... they did not tell me my case was complex. Although I knew that my case was complex but I did not imagine it will take this long but will try the MP as well AND see of it will be effective for me..many Thanks
Two cases are not the same ,I think. It should work for you cos i think it depends on the MP.

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:53 am

Nehag wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm
Hi Auk333 what can be the insurmountable obstacles. Can it be like because my husband job falls under shortage of occupation list . His work might be valuable asset here but if he has to go to my country he will not find a job and there will be a language problem, he cannot speak my language. And we are of different religion it will be problem for my family. Can it be regarded as insurmountable obstacle.
Language barriers or culture barriers not counting insurmountable obstacles. But you can explain that in your witness statement. What’s your nationality and your husband origin

Ibid
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibid » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 am

Eniszo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:19 pm
Ibid wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:34 am
Eniszo wrote:
Ibid wrote:
Hi Forum,

Two cases are not the same ,I think. It should work for you cos i think it depends on the MP.
Many Thanks Mate... Will keep you guys posted.

Sami44
Newly Registered

Post by Sami44 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Application update
Flr fp 10 year partner route
Extension
Online application sent 08/01/2020
Biometric and document scanned 12/01/2020
Visa granted and brp received 12/02/2020
Best of luck everyone :)