ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I switch job while wife is waiting for spouse visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

singhmohit

Spouse Visa – Can Husband/Sponsor change employer/job?

Post by singhmohit » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Background
Visa Category: Settlement Spouse (Wife) under category ‘A’ – New Delhi – Non-priority
Date of application: 21st Feb 2017 and Documents send to Sheffield: 28th Feb 2017
Current status “Yet to be processed” (advised by UKVI on 26th March 2017) - In short we are playing the "waiting game" from UKVI.
I am the sponsor (husband) presently in London employed full and earning well above the minimum requirement of £18/19k.

Would like to get everyone's view on:
I am about to get an offer from another employer (better job and a salary jump) but I’m conscious that I’ve given my present employer details and documents like:
1. Letter from my current employer confirming my “full time permanent employment”
2. Letter from my current employer confirming my pay history for last 12 month – proving I earn well above the requirement.
There is a good chance that UKVI will reference check with my current employer... I guess.
Question: If I have to, can I resign from my current employer and move the another employer while we are waiting for UKVI to reach a decision for my wife’s visa application?

Any suggestions would be welcome please?

Regards,
Mohit

singhmohit

Can I switch job while wife is waiting for spouse visa?

Post by singhmohit » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:12 am

My last post was very lengthy so this is quick question:

My wife is waiting for the outcome of Spouse Visa (Settlement-Spouse) in New Delhi - I've applied through category 'A' meeting min requirement of £18/19k but I am likely to get a better job and want to switch - Do you think it is OK for me to resign from my current place and join a new employer while my wife is still waiting for a decision on her visa?

Mohit

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Can I switch job while wife is waiting for spouse visa?

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:21 pm

If your target is to keep straight your spouse visa application and to get it then preferably stay with present employer because change of job will change the route of financial requirement maybe from A to B. But if your new job will give visibly higher wages than present one and you have no rush for spouse visa then may join new job and update HO.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MobeenSaeed

Re: Spouse Visa – Can Husband/Sponsor change employer/job?

Post by MobeenSaeed » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:31 pm

singhmohit wrote: There is a good chance that UKVI will reference check with my current employer... I guess.
Question: If I have to, can I resign from my current employer and move the another employer while we are waiting for UKVI to reach a decision for my wife’s visa application?

Any suggestions would be welcome please?
I was in the same position as you when I was waiting for my response for my spouse visa application. I did end up changing employment, but before I did I made sure I let the relevant people in my previous employment know that I was changing employment. By relevant I mean, if the UKVI do end up ringing to reference check, the relevant individuals who knew about your spouse visa application would be able to corroborate the evidence you have provided.
In my case, the UKVI did end up doing employment check by ringing up the numbers I provided in the application, and, then finally rang me to make sure everything matched. And my application was successful, so no reason why it shouldn't be a problem for you, too.

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Many thanks to MobeenSaeed and Seagul for your responses.
Seagul - I think you are right, it does change the application from Cat A to Cat B even though my earnings will improve by 10/12k - it changes the category nonetheless - this could have an impact on the processing time... :(
Thanks guys... any other inputs welcome

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:57 pm

singhmohit wrote: any other inputs welcome
Well, when a UKVI representative rang me as part of their employment check, the exact words used were and I quote: "We only care about your employment at the time of the application."
But, with that said, they did ask what my current employment is, specifically, what duties I carry out in my current employment and hours I work. On the other hand, they didn't double check with my current employer to double check the veracity of the information I gave.
So, from the information I have provided above, it can be induced that, it doesn't matter if your category changes from A to B, as long as it meets the necessary financial requirement, in my opinion.

Ukgal123
Newly Registered

Post by Ukgal123 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi! I know this was one year ago but I’m wondering..

My husband and I submitted our spouse settlement application the end of April (marked as received at UKVI this week)..

I’m thinking of changing jobs for better opportunities and was wondering if I should send in a new job contract and if it matters or not to change whilst waiting..

Please help :cry:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Ukgal123 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:34 pm
Hi! I know this was one year ago but I’m wondering..

My husband and I submitted our spouse settlement application the end of April (marked as received at UKVI this week)..

I’m thinking of changing jobs for better opportunities and was wondering if I should send in a new job contract and if it matters or not to change whilst waiting..

Please help :cry:
Preferably stay at your old job until the visa process gets finalized. However, if the new job offering significantly higher salary then no update HO with relevant documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ukgal123
Newly Registered

Post by Ukgal123 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Thank you for you feedback ..
When you say update HO, would that be by sending in the Job contract to the HO ? By post?

Thank you in advance :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Ukgal123 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 pm
When you say update HO, would that be by sending in the Job contract to the HO ? By post?

yes. but you should write them a covering letter too explaining that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Ukgal123 wrote:

You should also either start your own topic or continue in one you already have instead of tagging onto other members threads. It is unfair to the OP and is considered rude.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peaceinmind
Newly Registered

Post by peaceinmind » Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:22 pm
Ukgal123 wrote:

You should also either start your own topic or continue in one you already have instead of tagging onto other members threads. It is unfair to the OP and is considered rude.
CR001 you should also either speak good or remain silent. instead of saying it is rude and blah blah why not invest your time to help answering the question if you have the knowledge to do so, but from your comment i don't think you have any knowledge. firstly this is an old thread and there is no harm in commenting as long as it is the same topic secondly Ukgal123 seems to be new to the forum and still confused about the "rules". and lastly please show some respect to other people and learn how to answer others.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:19 pm

peaceinmind wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 pm
CR001 you should also either speak good or remain silent. instead of saying it is rude and blah blah why not invest your time to help answering the question if you have the knowledge to do so, but from your comment i don't think you have any knowledge. firstly this is an old thread and there is no harm in commenting as long as it is the same topic secondly Ukgal123 seems to be new to the forum and still confused about the "rules". and lastly please show some respect to other people and learn how to answer others.
Perhaps as a new user with only 1 post, you should familiarise yourself with the forum rules.

See Top 25 FAQs, particularly point 12 (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.