ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timescale for priority service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Misskatie

Timescale for priority service

Post by Misskatie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi. Does anyone know roughly what the timescales for the priority service are when applying from Peru? Is it from the date of application or the date of the visa appointment?

Also, i know to expect delays if you've had an application denied before - does anyone know how long we are talking here.

Thanks in advance

Casa

Re: Timescale for priority service

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm

You have posted in the General Immigration sub-forum. Which category of visa application are you submitting :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Oh sorry. It's a settlement visa

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Priority service was taking on average 7-10 days when it was first introduced.

However due heavy demand for this service , the time delays have been extended. In some cases and countries (Pakistan) its taking over 6-8 weeks on average.

Another reason is the cutbacks and staff shortage at UKBA which has exacerbate the situation even more.

I may be wrong but I though priority service was for people with no previous refusals or history with UKBA.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 pm

batleykhan wrote:Priority service was taking on average 7-10 days when it was first introduced.

However due heavy demand for this service , the time delays have been extended. In some cases and countries (Pakistan) its taking over 6-8 weeks on average.

Another reason is the cutbacks and staff shortage at UKBA which has exacerbate the situation even more.

I may be wrong but I though priority service was for people with no previous refusals or history with UKBA.
You're absolutely right.

Settlement visa applicants may apply for this service. Applicants should be aware that they may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply:
"
You have previously been refused a visa for the UK;
You have previously been refused leave to enter the UK;
You have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK;
You have overstayed a period of leave in the UK;
You have been refused leave to remain in the UK by UK Visas and Immigration;
You have any unspent criminal convictions in any country.
If any of the above applies to you, you are strongly advised not to apply for the Settlement Priority service. You should also not apply for this service if you are applying for a visa to a Commonwealth country or British overseas territory. If any of the above factors apply, please note that your visa application will continue to be handled as a priority and processed ahead of other visa applications but your visa application may be identified as an exceptional case and processing may take longer. UK Visas and Immigration strongly recommends that visa applicants with any form of adverse immigration history do not use this service.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.