ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second FLR (M) - Financial Confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hattington
Newly Registered

Second FLR (M) - Financial Confusion

Post by Hattington » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:14 am

Hey all, being as this will be my second flr m, I am not new to the visa scene, however I am new to this type of financial requirement. Can someone help me out?

My husband and I went through savings last time and for my fiancé visa, however due to spending some on an emergency we no longer have the £62000 requirement.

We do still have about £43000 in savings though.
So which route should we take?

* My husband has had a contract with his employer for +6 months but earns only about £800 a month (does overtime count? Or just what he makes with default? Here's a basic "low" he makes monthly for this example.)

I have a contract as well, for £440 a month.

I haven't done this route before, so I'm just curious as to what we should combine. Last time we used our savings which had to be over 62k. I know that when applying with route A, you have be 18,600 or so. (We have no dependents).

Should we combine our two incomes? Our savings plus his income? All of the above? How much would we need to have?

I don't want to over complicate at the HO.
Sorry for any confusion guys!

batleykhan

Re: Second FLR (M) - Financial Confusion

Post by batleykhan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 am

Your and your husbands combined income is £800+440 =1240pm x 12 months =£14880.(OT is allowed by the way)

This is £3720 short of the £18600 requirements.

You can makeup the shortfall from any savings you have.

To work out savings is like this ......£3720 x2.5 +16000 = £25300

You need savings of £25300 in your account for 6 months prior to application.

You can apply using Cat A & D on Form FLR M

Hope this helps

Hattington
Newly Registered

Re: Second FLR (M) - Financial Confusion

Post by Hattington » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:15 am

batleykhan wrote:Your and your husbands combined income is £800+440 =1240pm x 12 months =£14880.(OT is allowed by the way)

This is £3720 short of the £18600 requirements.

You can makeup the shortfall from any savings you have.

To work out savings is like this ......£3720 x2.5 +16000 = £25300

You need savings of £25300 in your account for 6 months prior to application.

You can apply using Cat A & D on Form FLR M

Hope this helps
Wow that's really well explained thanks!
I have a few minor questions which are silly but I'd love if you could give me an idea.

So we would apply for A and D at the same time? (I am aware it can be combined.)

Since we have almost £50k in savings would it be better for my husband to just give his info instead of combining mine?
Less paper work.

Finally, I thought you only had to do 6 months of slips.
How do you know if you have to do 6 or 12? He works fixed hours with same payment per hour except for when he gets overtime.

Apologies guys! Just curious. Thank you!