ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS access for baby born in U.K. to tier 2 general parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

savvych
Newly Registered

NHS access for baby born in U.K. to tier 2 general parents

Post by savvych » Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 am

Hi
I would like clarification on how to access NHS services for my newborn during the transition period before applying her British Citizenship by registration.
Our immigration status is as follows

Father: Tier 2 General visa expiring on 20 Aug 2018, but eligible to apply 20 Jul 2017 through 5 year route.
Mother: Tier 2 General dependant visa expiring on 20 Aug 2018. Not eligible for ILR along with the main applicant for 20 Jul 2017 as 5 years not counted separately.

Daughter: Born in the U.K. on 08 Mar 2017.

We are not planning to travel outside the UK with our daughter so we've decided to wait until she can apply for her British Citizenship by registration which eliminates the need for applying a Tier 2 dependant visa. However, with the new IHS charges being introduced for accessing NHS we are not sure if we need to apply for a dependant visa. The new rule is babies born to parents who are not settled yet can access NHS for free for the first three months only. So as per this rule our daughter is eligible to access NHS for free until June 08, 2017 and we will be applying for her BC by registration as soon her father gets ILR which we hope would be end of July/ early August 2017.
Is there a way to cover her NHS access (e.g. Vaccinations, general GP consultation, A&E) during this transition period ( like paying just the IHS charges or insurance like BUPA) or should we be applying her Tier2 dependant visa to cover this?

Please direct me to right board if this is not the correct board.

Thanks in advance.
Savitha

savvych
Newly Registered

Re: NHS access for baby born in U.K. to tier 2 general paren

Post by savvych » Thu May 04, 2017 8:57 pm

can someone clarify my query please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NHS access for baby born in U.K. to tier 2 general paren

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Child can utilise NHS if necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gurgen2727
Newly Registered
Armenia

Re: NHS access for baby born in U.K. to tier 2 general parents

Post by gurgen2727 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Can you please describe more details ? how ? does baby need to apply somehow to NHS after 3 months expired ?

gurgen2727
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by gurgen2727 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm

OK found the answer:

If you give birth to a child in the UK, then your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who is ordinarily resident. Your child is covered until three months of age, but only if he/she hasn't left the UK during that period. You'll also need to meet one of the below criteria:
you have a valid visa of more than six months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa for more than six months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa for more than six months, which you applied for prior to April 6 2015
You should apply for a visa for your child during the three-month period after your child's birth. If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the three-month period.

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSs ... e-eea.aspx

rish2018
Newly Registered

Post by rish2018 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi Savita,

We are in a situation like you. How did you sort that? Did you apply for a visa to cover that? I know access to GP is free for everyone. But how about vaccinations, health visitor appointments etc. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rish

nitishg
Newly Registered
India

Post by nitishg » Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 pm

rish2018 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm
Hi Rish,

We are in a situation like you. Any updates or suggestions ?
Thanks,
Nitish

nitishg
Newly Registered
India

Post by nitishg » Wed May 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Can any one help regarding this issue ?
Any comment will be valuable?

i talked to the NHS people and came to know that NHS will charge 150% of the total bill. But what will be the total bill how will i know ?

Any ideas in general how much it cost ?

The reply will be very happy in making decision and avoiding excessive waste of money

rish2018
Newly Registered

Post by rish2018 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 am

https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources/na ... n/#respond
Annex B1 on the above link states the NHS national tariff. So it looks like you will be charged 150 % of those rates. For example: few hours in children ward for a skin problem could cost you from 900 upto 2361. getting a VISA won't cost you that much and you can't delay any treatment for your baby.

satya878
Mood:
India

Post by satya878 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:50 pm

savvych wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 am
Hi
I would like clarification on how to access NHS services for my newborn during the transition period before applying her British Citizenship by registration.

Father: Tier 2 General visa expiring on 20 Aug 2018, but eligible to apply 20 Jul 2017 through 5 year route.
Mother: Tier 2 General dependant visa expiring on 20 Aug 2018. Not eligible for ILR along with the main applicant for 20 Jul 2017 as 5 years not counted separately.

We are not planning to travel outside the UK with our daughter so we've decided to wait until she can apply for her British Citizenship by registration which eliminates the need for applying a Tier 2 dependant visa. However, with the new IHS charges being introduced for accessing NHS we are not sure if we need to apply for a dependant visa. The new rule is babies born to parents who are not settled yet can access NHS for free for the first three months only. So as per this rule our daughter is eligible to access NHS for free until June 08, 2017 and we will be applying for her BC by registration as soon her father gets ILR which we hope would be end of July/ early August 2017.
Is there a way to cover her NHS access (e.g. Vaccinations, general GP consultation, A&E) during this transition period ( like paying just the IHS charges or insurance like BUPA) or should we be applying her Tier2 dependant visa to cover this?

Thanks in advance.
Savitha

Dear Savitha,

Could you please let me know the outcome?
I am planning to apply for health insurance but it does not cover vaccinations.
Really stressed, any help will be Appreciated.

thank you,
Satya

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:26 pm

satya878 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:50 pm
savvych wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 am
Hi

Thanks in advance.
Savitha

Dear Savitha,

Could you please let me know the outcome?
I am planning to apply for health insurance but it does not cover vaccinations.
Really stressed, any help will be Appreciated.

thank you,
Satya
This is an inactive thread which is almost 1 year old! Savitha hasn't visited the forum since Apr 29, 2018
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.