ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

UK visa confusion

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Mon May 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello, this is kind of long so please bear with me. Its urgent!

I am an Indian and got married in 2005 to a british citizen and had my kid in India in 2006 and got my family visa for 2 years.

Then in 2008
I got my PR visa from london, but I did not stay back in London and use to travel back and forth. But after 2009 i wasnt able to travel due to family and job problems and in 2011 my PR visa expired.

Fast forward 2013
MAY'13
Me and my son travel on family visit visa and return within a month with no issues.

July 2013
I again travel on same family visit visa but this time I did not have a return ticket and because I was planning to settle now, so when immigration officer asked "if i was planning to settle down" I said ,"YES" and did not realize my mistake.
And they put me and my son in some prison sort of place. Conduct inquiry and somehow my husband manages to get us out but they issue us "deportation letter" and ask us to return on "returning resident visa"

We come back to India and apply for returning resident visa but were denied because there were "insufficient proof of my husband sponsoring us". Now they give us chance of appeal, but because my husband is not interested in all of the expenditure and drama , leaves us hanging and doesn't apply for appeal.

With alot of pleading and everything, things got settled with my husband and he sent us all the required documents for family settlement visa, but due to lack of financial resources, and my husbands unwillingness to pay for the visa we couldnt apply.

Now people have been telling me I should apply for registering my son for british citizenship, who is 11 years old now and after that going for guardian visa for myself.

All the documents including sponsorship letter are an year old now.

I don't know what to do? Should I go on family visit visa and then do something from within UK? or I dont know.. can someone please guide.
Its very important for me. T

Thank you!