ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UksvMay
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by UksvMay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Yeah you are right!!!

I was confused as I happen to read few people here , so I mailed them to ask whether to count the so called 60 workings days from the date of biometric or from the date of submission of documents... so I was told that it is some the day of submission of documents....
I called them twice yesterday. First call I was told your days start from the day you receive an email from Sheffield that your application(docs) has been received. Second call I was told it starts from the day of biometrics as your application is forwarded to ukvi on that day.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Guys

What is the website to track your application and what numbers are you using ?

UksvMay
Newly Registered

Post by UksvMay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Full GWF number. Type: GWFxxxxxxxxx
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:53 pm

UksvMay wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Yeah you are right!!!

I was confused as I happen to read few people here , so I mailed them to ask whether to count the so called 60 workings days from the date of biometric or from the date of submission of documents... so I was told that it is some the day of submission of documents....
I called them twice yesterday. First call I was told your days start from the day you receive an email from Sheffield that your application(docs) has been received. Second call I was told it starts from the day of biometrics as your application is forwarded to ukvi on that day.
Really ?!? So it means they don't even know this much also ?!? Uffff ... how to count then ?!?
Hey btw ... all the best !! Do share your good news

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:13 pm

UksvMay wrote:Full GWF number. Type: GWFxxxxxxxxx
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Thanks, the system doesn't seem to find my GWF number but will keep checking..

Neepa
Newly Registered

Post by Neepa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi uksvmay,

I have also received email:

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF043746989 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 7/25/2017 6:24 PM .

If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

Praying for the good :)

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Thank you for your kind words Mr client server and Raj. Wish you guys all the best... seems like they've decided to get a move on finally!

mubsher majeed
Newly Registered

Post by mubsher majeed » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Neepa wrote:Hi uksvmay,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF043746989 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 7/25/2017 6:24 PM .

If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

very good congratulation. can u tell me what is bio matic finger print date submitted your application

inshallah ready good news for u :lol: :lol:

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Fatzipoo wrote:Thank you for your kind words Mr client server and Raj. Wish you guys all the best... seems like they've decided to get a move on finally!
Have been getting " your application is being considered and awaiting a decision " since a month now ... is a random message which I get when I mail them ?!?! Does it really mean anything ... really don't know what's happening?!?!

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Fatzipoo wrote:Thank you for your kind words Mr client server and Raj. Wish you guys all the best... seems like they've decided to get a move on finally!
Have been getting " your application is being considered and awaiting a decision " since a month now ... is a random message which I get when I mail them ?!?! Does it really mean anything ... really don't know what's happening?!?!
Where are you tracking? My GWF number is still not recognised. I wonder if anyone's application has been rejected since February?

Neepa
Newly Registered

Post by Neepa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:40 pm

mubsher majeed wrote:
Neepa wrote:Hi uksvmay,

very good congratulation. can u tell me what is bio matic finger print date submitted your application

inshallah ready good news for u :lol: :lol:
Hi, thank you...my bio date was 2nd may from Mumbai (Priority). its 60th day. I have posted my full timeline earlier.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Fatzipoo wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Where are you tracking? My GWF number is still not recognised. I wonder if anyone's applications has been rejected since February?
I email them.. and then just get this reply every time ... no change .. don't know what it means

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Misskatie wrote:My solicitor just sent me a brief update:
"Just for your info, my other similar client called the UKBA helpline and was advised (over a week ago) that it will take at least another 30 days for their application to be decided. This was similar to when this happened before. However there is no more hold up due to waiting for new guidelines. it is just a question of them clearing the backlog now."

Sounds like things should get moving now, and the hold is over?
Does this mean the hold has been taken off our application now.

maibm

Post by maibm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi all,

Quick update - my wife's application has been approved!! Full final timeline is in the Pakistan Timeline thread page 16.

Thanks.

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:38 pm

I thought the hold had been removed, however my partner just received the hold email again :evil: seriously what is going on??

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Misskatie wrote:I thought the hold had been removed, however my partner just received the hold email again :evil: seriously what is going on??
Misskatie, it looks like they will remove it only 10th of August and then will finally look into our applications again. And they have 5000 applications on hold. It's terrible! They already have new ruling. Why they need to wait to assess those who are on hold :(

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:39 pm

TatianaT wrote:
Misskatie wrote:I thought the hold had been removed, however my partner just received the hold email again :evil: seriously what is going on??
Misskatie, it looks like they will remove it only 10th of August and then will finally look into our applications again. And they have 5000 applications on hold. It's terrible! They already have new ruling. Why they need to wait to assess those who are on hold :(
It certainly appears that way. But why have they sent this email again is what I am wondering? Did they look over the application and think "yep this one needs to stay on hold until after August 10th so we'll send another generic hold email" I just wish someone would give a straight answer as to what is actually happening!

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:03 pm

Misskatie wrote:
TatianaT wrote:
It certainly appears that way. But why have they sent this email again is what I am wondering? Did they look over the application and think "yep this one needs to stay on hold until after August 10th so we'll send another generic hold email" I just wish someone would give a straight answer as to what is actually happening!
Looks like it's chaos there and they have no idea what's happening by themselves. I asked UKVI enquiries through payable service when exactly they will start looking into application on hold and just received email that my request was escalated. I asked them where's my passport as I still haven't received it although it the email concerning hold was stated they will send me passport (I received this email 5th of July). I haven't received answer too. They provide us with expensive useless service. I will not be surprised that they sent this email to your partner by mistake. Their actions are not logical at all...

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 pm

maibm wrote:Hi all,

Quick update - my wife's application has been approved!! Full final timeline is in the Pakistan Timeline thread page 16.

Thanks.

Congrats!!! Did u receive the hold email too?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 am

What ?!? Really ?!? What does that mean ? Did you try to check now on what basis ?!? What do you think could be the reason

UksvMay
Newly Registered

Post by UksvMay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:41 am

Hey,
Received my passport. Visa was granted alhamdulillah.
Don't know what is happening to my documents in Sheffield

Neepa
Newly Registered

Post by Neepa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 am

Hi,
I haven't received my passport yet as I live in vadodara so it might take two days to receive. And I didn't send documents to Sheffield coz they scanned all documents at visa application center, mumbai. You can call from UK them and ask them for your documents. And do you know can can we get priority charges back? As some applicants getting back if processing time takes more than the given timeframe. No idea, not sure.

maibm

Post by maibm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 am

Fatzipoo wrote:
maibm wrote:Hi all,

Thanks.

Congrats!!! Did u receive the hold email too?
No we never received the on hold email or case not straightforward email

Shemar10
Newly Registered

Post by Shemar10 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Salam to all

Any budy knows if someone got the passport back between the hold what is the procedure for that person ,means how they know that they got the visa or not.

elada
Newly Registered

Post by elada » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm

[quote="LizzieB"]Hi everyone,

Heres my timeline-

Postal application 20th March 2017

Confirmation of receipt - 23rd March

Biometric - 19th April

Further documents - 19th May

Submitted postal documents - 30th May

Letter complex more time to consider application - 6th June

Online tracker says awaiting a decision since 2nd June.

Nearly 12 weeks. Applying inside UK. My family and I have a holiday planned over a year now and suppose to be leaving the 8th Aug.[quote]

Hi LizzieB,

I have applied same day as you did, on the 20th of March. Biometrics submitted on 5th April and after requiring additional documents on the beginning of May (which i submitted them on 13 of May) I received the complex letter on 20th of May. On the letter they were saying that they were going to reach the decision by 12th of July, but today is the 26th and I haven't heard anything from them. The online tracker says that is awaiting for a decision since the 24th of April!!!! I don't have any problem with the financial requirement cause my husband has a annual salary of 24K and plus i have a son who has British Passport. Let me tell you that my son and husband have already gone on holiday (because we planned them since February, and already paid the fee) so im here all alone in London, and my 6 months old son is without his mother. I am devastated but let's hope you will receive a positive answer till the 8th of August..

I have contacted MP but it's been 14 days and i haven't heard anything from them as well. :(