ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ariesfub » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi called them few days back and they said my application is awaiting decision, and we asked them to escalate the case and don't know when they gonna reply to that :( so just waiting

Gonna be 6 months soon.

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:17 pm

UksvMay wrote:Hey,
Received my passport. Visa was granted alhamdulillah.
Don't know what is happening to my documents in Sheffield

Congrats! Did u get the hold email too?

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Another two applicants received on hold email today as per Russian forum. They received it for the first time. By the 10th of August it will be more than 5000 in queue for decision...

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:49 pm

TatianaT wrote:Another two applicants received on hold email today as per Russian forum. They received it for the first time. By the 10th of August it will be more than 5000 in queue for decision...
Don't understand why the home office are still putting application on hold following the new statment last week. They should be clearing the backlog not adding to it. Really pissed off with the whole situation :evil:

Sammia
Newly Registered

Post by Sammia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:30 am

Hi everyone,

I applied in person at the premium service centre, croydon on 11th july and was asked to send some more documents (flr m). I sent those immediately and tracked it to be delivered. But noone has acknowledged receipt of the documents and i have been calling trying to get an update. Whenever i manage to get through, the people i speak to are so rude and unhelpful, unable to give me any answers or let me know if my documents have been passed on.
I am very worried because my current spouse visa has now expired (24th july). I wonder if there is anything else i should be doing to chase up? How long is 'normal' in this situation.

Thank you

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:33 am

Hi Misskatie,

Where did your partner apply from??

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:06 am

Hi

The ones with a hold email received , have any of you guys checked your status on the tracking??

Mine says not recongnised?!!!

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi Misskatie,

Where did your partner apply from??
Lima, Peru. His GWF number doesn't work on the tracker either. I just got this reply from the email enquiry:

"
Thank you for your enquiry dated on 26/07/2017.

The previous interaction was escalated on 30/06/2017 (escalation reference number - 170615-002861) as you did not receive a response from the main office of UKVI, we escalated your case again on 20/07/2017 (escalation reference number - 170628-003202) due to the fact that you did not receive a response and escalation processing times have been expired for 170615-002861 case"

THEY ARE A JOKE...12 weeks for us at the moment

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:45 am

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi

The ones with a hold email received , have any of you guys checked your status on the tracking??

Mine says not recongnised?!!!

Ours is saying not recognised as well, we will not see changes till after 8th of August after they will take the hold off

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Shemar10 wrote:Salam to all

Any budy knows if someone got the passport back between the hold what is the procedure for that person ,means how they know that they got the visa or not.
Hi
My they send back passport to my husband 2 months after biometric but no documents and no decision.i thought about same .how we will know???
and it looks we are only ones from belgrade on this hold.i dont know any more.life is soooo dificult like this.
this forum is only hope for us :(

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi all

Can anyone please tell is it ok not to get back the documents back ?!?! As today I came to know one of my friend who applied just a week before us received back her documents and we have not
Can " awaiting decision " even means that " we have not yet opened your application?!!"coz I'm getting the same reply ... since a month now

Misskatie

Post by Misskatie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Geet1328 wrote:Hi all

Can anyone please tell is it ok not to get back the documents back ?!?! As today I came to know one of my friend who applied just a week before us received back her documents and we have not
Can " awaiting decision " even means that " we have not yet opened your application?!!"coz I'm getting the same reply ... since a month now
I think youre right Geet1328. I spoke to my solicitor and he thinks that pretty much any application put on hold probably wasn't even looked at, they just saw we used 3rd party support for our income and put them hold knowing that they couldn't make a decision until the new rules were decided. My partner received the hold email 18th May but has received nothing back

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Misskatie wrote:

I think youre right Geet1328. I spoke to my solicitor and he thinks that pretty much any application put on hold probably wasn't even looked at, they just saw we used 3rd party support for our income and put them hold knowing that they couldn't make a decision until the new rules were decided. My partner received the hold email 18th May but has received nothing back
Oh goodness that's the last thing I want to believe in ... after waiting for so long ...our application has still not reached ECO

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Misskatie wrote:

Oh goodness that's the last thing I want to believe in ... after waiting for so long ...our application has still not reached ECO

At Geet1328 is your application on hold or awaiting decision. There is a huge difference. My husband application is on hold and I have not received supporting documents back

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:02 pm

biosho wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Misskatie wrote:

At Geet1328 is your application on hold or awaiting decision. There is a huge difference. My husband application is on hold and I have not received supporting documents back

Since a month it is showing " awaiting decision " status has not changed ever since .. that's the reason I fear whether they have even opened my application .... neither have they send my documents back which means they have not touched my file to scan my documents and send it back to me ... done know totally confused and highly frustrated

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 pm

biosho wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Misskatie wrote:

We received the hold email and I got my documents back last month. We applied in march. Does that mean they won't have any documents of mines to look at?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:14 pm

At Geet1328 is your application on hold or awaiting decision. There is a huge difference. My husband application is on hold and I have not received supporting documents back[/quote]

Since a month it is showing " awaiting decision " status has not changed ever since .. that's the reason I fear whether they have even opened my application .... neither have they send my documents back which means they have not touched my file to scan my documents and send it back to me ... done know totally confused and highly frustrated[/quote]

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:05 pm

UksvMay wrote:Hey,
Received my passport. Visa was granted alhamdulillah.
Don't know what is happening to my documents in Sheffield
Hey how long did it take from the day your decision was made until you were contacted for collection?

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:42 am

Hi guys im cAught in a weird situation probably you guys cAn help me
I applied for spouse visa on and i checked on online tracker
It says my decision was made on 11th july
No call for collection or email
I called both uk helpline they say its been dispatched on 13th of july
Gerry said they cant track it
Anyone in similar situation
What should i do . No one to go ?

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:12 am

Hi

My online tracker says not recongnised.. That's probably means they haven't even began my case yet since the hold?!

I cannot be bothered with contacting them anymore.. I'm going to let my MP deal with it from here.

Inshallah Allah knows best & will do best:)

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:32 am

Online tracker only recognizes the reference when a decision has been made for outside UK applications. Processing times these days are 12 weeks for standard applications with no complications and all document requirements met first time from most countries (US/Canada are quicker). For priority applications it is still taking 10-12 weeks.

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am

I sent the documents from uk to Sheffield office and my partner submitted his passport at Mirpur Pakistan.

I applied back in January:(

It's been forever

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my latest correspondence letter with my MP following the on hold response.

"Thank you for contacting me for an update on your spouse's visa application. I have made enquires on your behalf to the Home Office. They have stated that due to the Supreme Court judgement on minimum income thresholds, many cases were put on hold. These cases will now be resumed from the 10th of August, and I have been told that you should expect a decision a few weeks after this date.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries or if you do not hear from the Home Office four weeks after the 10th of August."

I still don't know why it was put on hold in the first place as I do not fall in to that category for this to be put on hold in the first place. I wouldn't hope on trying to get a straight answer from the H.O. At least we know these will be processed after the 10th Aug.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:40 pm

SimonS wrote:My wife was contacted by email on Saturday from Sheffield telling us a decision had been made. Friday was working day 58 since biometrics and they had never returned any of my documents. Today, I got my documents back, 60 working days since biometrics and 51 working days since they received them.

When I twice contacted them by phone I was told I could not have my documents returned during the assessment process. As to the email system and the information the 3rd party can see, it's all generic replies. They can only see, waiting to be assessed by ECO, open (on hold), awaiting decision, decided.

My wife has still not received an invitation to collect her passport and the TLScontact VAC tracker does not yet show that a decision has been made even though the UK online tracker says decided since 13th July and the TLS tracker is part of the priority service for which we paid. Note, the UK online tracker only worked for the first time on Saturday, prior to that it never recognised the GWF or IHS. When it did work, it stated decision made on 13th July even though on 13th July it did not work!?!?

One word - Chaos.

Please note, our application was priority and we never received the on-hold email. I'm answering the specific question about the documents and 3rd party from my experience. Also from my experience, there is absolutely no point wasting your money by emailing or calling them until you get to the published time limits for decision of 60 or 90 working days depending upon whether you applied by standard or priority and from which jurisdiction. At that point you can request an escalation. That is what I was told on the second occasion I called them.

Simon did u got the collection call or email its been 12 working days for me since decided no update :(
Does it means I haven't got the visa that's why they making delay

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Some positive news from Russian forum. One lady who applied with child and got hold email finally got her visa today! I also heard about another one case of visa after hold yesterday. Hopefully we all will get visa soon :)